New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    How sad is this? I've been stuck with the same soda squad team three times now and I'm still the only person doing 90% of the work.  So now I am currently not playing the game, except to tick my two daily tiles on mtf (which is awful also), so that my soda squad team doesn't make it to 800 and hopefully I get to try a new team? So right now I can't even play this game for more than about 10 minutes a day. ARGH...
    The situation you describe is exactly why I quit trying with my first squad.  I didn’t want to get stuck with them for another round.  My “reward” for doing so, is that the next two groups (with the exception of one player) have been worse than the first group.  Team play sucks!
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    How sad is this? I've been stuck with the same soda squad team three times now and I'm still the only person doing 90% of the work.  So now I am currently not playing the game, except to tick my two daily tiles on mtf (which is awful also), so that my soda squad team doesn't make it to 800 and hopefully I get to try a new team? So right now I can't even play this game for more than about 10 minutes a day. ARGH...
    The situation you describe is exactly why I quit trying with my first squad.  I didn’t want to get stuck with them for another round.  My “reward” for doing so, is that the next two groups (with the exception of one player) have been worse than the first group.  Team play sucks!
    Ugh, worse? Not what I was hoping for. Not sure mine could be worse lol.....well, I'm still not going to finish the last 100 points it would take to get to 800 because the 30 minute boosters aren't worth it anyways. I miss my individual quests hardcore. Hope we both get better teams eventually!

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2019
    @Ditte and @candysodacrusher. I know, the rewards are bad. But because it's the only option for me, and MTF to get boosters, I'll play it. I received the striped lollipop and swiping hands a number of times with both features. If I still had the Quests, I didn't bother at all with MTF and Squad. For the sake of honesty, I must say that I now do much less effort than with the first Squad. However, we still achieved 800 points ... Nevertheless, I prefer playing by myself and not in a team.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Ditte said:
    Yosca said:
    You can replay old levels. I replay the hard and superhard levels where I had 1 star, mainly the levels 1-1000. I now usually easily get more than 1 star on those levels. And then the new levels on Friday.
      I could but as I understand it the rewards aren't worth the Work. 

I did the same thing as @Yosca with my first squad and picked up quite a few points that way.  But, as @Ditte points out, the incentive just isn’t there to do all the work for such little reward, especially when I only have 1 or 2 squad mates helping the cause.

So, @Yosca, you’re telling me I should happily play old levels over 400 times in order to get to the last “reward”?  My “teammates” contribute very little so by the end of this awful feature I’m nowhere close to the end goal of 800.

I feel sorry for all of you fellow players that have had the quests taken away and replaced by these jokes of “team” features.  I sincerely hope that King is losing revenue daily by maintaining these unpopular features that have such overwhelmingly negative feedback by us players.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    @Dirty_Nurse No I don’t. Do what you want to do. I’m just saying I did it because for me it’s the only way to get boosters like that. First I had 2 striped lollypops, now I have 13. At least it’s something.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Friends has daily quests but you only have that day to try to win them. If you play a lot it is possible. That game hasn't been around long enough for King to start messing with. They are probably still trying to win over new players!  They have special event team pairings but not permanently. It would be okay if Soda wanted to do a 1 or 2 week team event every so often similar to Soda Squad but NOT make it permanent and offer much better rewards.

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    edited July 2019
    Friends gets very hard past level 1000, sadly. Their squad is as useless as in Soda, though, and you need 3400 some points to get the final reward. Previous levels don't count...
    As to MTF, I thought I had a better team a couple of days ago. Then, of course, the team got changed!!! I clicked my 2 tiles and left "create a soft ball" and collect 120 orange candies" for today. Guess what? my new lovely teammates are lying on them. The board has now the usual "use a hand" or "use a  hammer", "pass a bubble level" or "a freezing one", and that's it! No other line possible. 
    Sorry, @Xarly, there is a huge problem. If that is what you call pairing people with matching abilities, well, the joke is very bad. I get mad when I get an hour of free play as I don't like playing anymore, and the added striped does not make me feel better.
    The glitches on Win10 are constant, I complained about the game closing just like that after using my only striped hammer and was not even granted an answer. I compare it to another player who was told by Queen B, of course, hey would replace her lost stuff. I lose half my lives when I play on the computer. I don't get some of the rewards. 
    What is going on?
    I'm bitter and really disappointed.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    If I'm right, many teams are having trouble making it to 800 points. To make this goal more realistic, more points should be rewarded per task. Based on the current format everyone needs to participate and pass on average 4 levels per day with 3 stars. When stuck for awhile on a level this isn't possible. When someone doesn't participate it makes it impossible to reach the goal. One on my team that made some points last time never showed up this time. He must have decided it wasn't worth the effort!
  • Lilmamachris33
    Lilmamachris33 Posts: 26 Level 2
    I would like to join
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I would like to join.

Join what exactly?  If you’re referring to this Subpar Squad feature I assure you that you do not want to, it’s a very poor replacement of the daily quests that have been available for years now.  Not to mention you’re “teamed” with fake CPU-generated players designed to make you fail in the vain attempt that you will spend money to get to 800 points 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?