New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @candysodacrusher, I can't find your thread. Trying to, though, but I don't see it.
    It’s called changed levels changed game
  • Libraa41
    Libraa41 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Xarly said:

Soda Squad is the fantastic new way to earn rewards in a team! This is how it works:

• When Soda Squad is active in your game, you will be put in a group with four other players at random. You will have a goal for a number of points to collect.
    • Collect points as a group, within a set amount of time. You collect points by playing every day, passing levels and completing episodes. Each thing gives different points, but we will let you find out (and share with each other) how many points each thing gives.
    • As you hit milestones on the way to your points goal, you will unlock Treasure Chests of prizes before the final big prize!

• You will be able to see how many points each team member has contributed, and you can also help each other out by sending lives to your teammates once every 24 hours.
    • If your team completes the challenge, congratulations on your awesome team work! You'll earn some tasty prizes, and together will be set a new challenge.
    • If your team doesn't complete the challenge in time, you will be automatically reassigned to a new group to re-attempt the challenge and win some juicy prizes! And if you were an active member during that time, we will make sure your next challenge teams you up with players that are as committed as you. 

And that sums it up! The Soda Squad is an extra way of getting new prizes, and we hope you find it as exciting as we do. If you still don't have this event, please be patient, it's just a matter of time until everyone out there can enjoy it.

If you have any feedback around the Soda Squad, please let us know below. We would love to read your opinion once you have played it :smile:.

And if you have any questions or concerns, please also comment below!

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Xarly said:

Soda Squad is the fantastic new way to earn rewards in a team! This is how it works:

• When Soda Squad is active in your game, you will be put in a group with four other players at random. You will have a goal for a number of points to collect.
    • Collect points as a group, within a set amount of time. You collect points by playing every day, passing levels and completing episodes. Each thing gives different points, but we will let you find out (and share with each other) how many points each thing gives.
    • As you hit milestones on the way to your points goal, you will unlock Treasure Chests of prizes before the final big prize!

• You will be able to see how many points each team member has contributed, and you can also help each other out by sending lives to your teammates once every 24 hours.
    • If your team completes the challenge, congratulations on your awesome team work! You'll earn some tasty prizes, and together will be set a new challenge.
    • If your team doesn't complete the challenge in time, you will be automatically reassigned to a new group to re-attempt the challenge and win some juicy prizes! And if you were an active member during that time, we will make sure your next challenge teams you up with players that are as committed as you. 

And that sums it up! The Soda Squad is an extra way of getting new prizes, and we hope you find it as exciting as we do. If you still don't have this event, please be patient, it's just a matter of time until everyone out there can enjoy it.

If you have any feedback around the Soda Squad, please let us know below. We would love to read your opinion once you have played it :smile:.

And if you have any questions or concerns, please also comment below!

Cheers,
    Xarly
    It's Great and we should keep it but the problem with that is the random pick some don't even play are dedicated in trying to win. It would be great if we had a team that we could pick. Are be able to start our own Co-op where active and serious player's can join and chat with one another like other's and then we can race against other Co-op.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,853 Soda Moderator
    I now have a new Squad team because we didn't reach the 800 points for the first time. In the previous team 1 fellow player was not active, now 2 fellow players are not active with 0 points! That means that the players who always keep 0 points, never log in and no longer play Soda. @Xarly, What I don't understand is that teams are being created that include players who no longer play Soda. If the studio wants team features so badly, they should look better at the type of players. Moreover, 800 points is certainly not feasible for the players who can only play the new levels. Replaying old levels is boring and offers no challenge, just to receive a booster. So lower the 800 points, give a much better reward when you reach the end point, and make other teams. Put players who never log in (so the 0 point players) together in 1 team.
  • Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    @Yosca I agree! 
    I don’t know why they want to make it more of a social media app rather than a personal game. I really liked it as it was.. I’m not impressed or interested in playing with anyone.. my life is social enough.. this is one thing for me, myself and I. 
    But what the hey! I just ignore it and play along.. 
    Maybe out of habit.. or addiction lol. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,853 Soda Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Second chest reached with the new Squad and again only timed booster 🙄. With my first Squad, I reached the 3rd chest several times and I also received non timed boosters, like the swipe hand or the striped lollypop. I wonder, would you  receive non timed boosters if you reach the 3rd chest more often with the same Squad?
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Yosca said:
    Second chest reached with the new Squad and again only timed booster 🙄. With my first Squad, I reached the 3rd chest several times and I also received non timed boosters, like the swipe hand or the striped lollypop. I wonder, would you  receive non timed boosters if you reach the 3rd chest more often with the same Squad?
    My squad just got the second chest and I got a lollipop and a hand switch.  First time I haven’t received something timed.  
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    I finished my first full soda squad, all 800 points. My reward? One our of lives, one hour color bomb and one hour of wrapped candy. I had already been playing for about 20 minutes. I didn't have an hour to use these "prizes." This is a joke.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    You get better rewards by simply logging in for your daily bonus and passing a few levels on rainbow road. It takes a lot less time and doesn't require working with a team!  My current team is bad. There are only 2 active players and we just recently made it to the first box. But with the rewards that are currently being offered I don't care too much.
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
       So after two weeks  4 episodes played, I got the team total over the 320 points mark with my final level. I made 230 of those points, the others 85,15,4 and 1. And the grand prize: a hand and a 30 minute wrap. I don't remember, what we got at the 120 point mark. Probably 30-60 minutes of free lives and a stripe or something useless like that. 
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Yeah the rewards are not even worth the effort  it takes to reach 800. I’ve pretty much given up on this game because I don’t see that changing and I refuse to spend another dime on this game.  If I spend money on any game, it will be one that appreciates their players. That is no longer this game or any other King game. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?