New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,886 Soda Moderator
    It is terribly quiet with some information. I'm guessing the entire studio is on summer camp and doing team building to come up with even more team features  :p
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    My new Squad is rather interesting.  The other 4 players are all players with the King +numbers ID.  I assume that means they are newer players who haven’t changed their ID.  I know I didn’t do that until I got sick of the game bugging me to make the change.  We shall see if the theory that the Squad benefits newer players holds true.  Of course, I have no way of actually knowing that they are newer players either.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and insightful reviews of the feature. I would like to let you know two things in regards to your points:

1. We are asking proactively about the leaderboards and the special candies summary. This was mentioned by some of you here, and I would love to hear your thoughts. If you can come here and let us know, it would be much appreciated.
    2. The team is revisiting the feature now that it's been live for a while and is asking for feedback from the Community. One of the elements they are exploring is the technical possibilities around having people build their own squads. It's very early but I wanted to let you all know that there's interest and work already on having something along those lines. Can't make any promises but at least you know where the team's scope is at, right now :smi:smile:.
    And that's all for now! Keep the conversations happening. I am looking at the possibility of bringing some of the people behind the feature here in the Community for a proper Q&A so stay tuned for news on that soon.

Cheers!
    Xarly
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    edited July 2019
    I may have spoken a little too soon  about my current team since after 4 1/2  days it is at 394 points. Chest 2 actually offered a lollipop  in addition to the 30 minute stripe.  However, I'm the one that is lagging with only 50 points but taking awhile to finish hard levels. The top 2 already have over 150 points! Unless they are beginners or play 24 hours a day I don't see how that is possible. 
  • Dinges
    Dinges Posts: 20 Level 2
    edited July 2019
    Xarly said:

1. The team is revisiting the feature now that it's been live for a while and is asking for feedback from the Community. One of the elements they are exploring is the technical possibilities around having people build their own squads. It's very early but I wanted to let you all know that there's interest and work already on having something along those lines. Can't make any promises but at least you know where the team's scope is at, right now :smi:smile:.
    And that's all for now! Keep the conversations happening. I am looking at the possibility of bringing some of the people behind the feature here in the Community for a proper Q&A so stay tuned for news on that soon.

Cheers!
    Xarly
    Personally I do not care about who is in the squad with me, I do not know these people anyway (and I like playing anonymously)  but it would be nice to be asked if I want to play, and to be put in teams with people who also at least have the intention to play.
    And it would also be nice to be able to communicate with team members in some way, what is the point of being in a team with random strangers, without the possibility of coming up with some sort of strategy, or helping each other?
    This is all true for the toffee game as well, by the way.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Just when I start thinking the Mr. Toffee isn’t so bad (having completed a board with two most cooperative team members and followed up with completing a board all by myself) I am tossed back to reality with the next group.  
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Just when I start thinking the Mr. Toffee isn’t so bad (having completed a board with two most cooperative team members and followed up with completing a board all by myself) I am tossed back to reality with the next group.  
    All of this fake “team” nonsense is BS and completely unwanted by players of these games as evidenced by feedback here on the forum and many other review platforms.

@Xarly has yet to respond to my query about these “teammates” in regards to their actual existence.  Judging by all the feedback that I have seen there is no way that the “teammates” we are forced to be burdened with are actual players playing in real time.

@Xarly, please confirm or rightfully deny this...
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    All of this fake “team” nonsense is BS and completely unwanted by players of these games as evidenced by feedback here on the forum and many other review platforms.

@Xarly has yet to respond to my query about these “teammates” in regards to their actual existence.  Judging by all the feedback that I have seen there is no way that the “teammates” we are forced to be burdened with are actual players playing in real time.

Look at Xarlys post from July 11th......
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Ditte said:

Look at Xarlys post from July 11th......
    That post does not address my question.  In the Farce thread which is over 90 pages long now I seem to recall that he said that the “teammates” were based on player data - meaning, there aren’t any actual real players actively participating at the same time you guys are.  I am not burdened by the Farce(I still have the daily quests) but I do follow these threads and based on what I’ve seen here on the forums and in my own experience on three other King games that I play these “teammates” are simply CPU-generated bots.  I’m not about to go back and review 1.4k negative posts about it to prove my point but if you would like to you’re more than welcome.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager

I'm quite shocked to see this question here, as I have been answering this to you multiple times here and on other threads.

I've never said these were not actual players, but rather the opposite (here and in Mr. Toffee's Fair). In fact, I have already asked you (and guess I have to ask you again) to stop spreading false information, @Dirty_Nurse.

Just to be clear for the last time: both teams on Mr. Toffee's Fair and the Soda Squad are real players. There is no bot, there are no fake players and there is no intend of manipulation here, regardless of how much you seem to look for it. These are players like yourself or like any other that are matched with you. Their behaviour and the balancing of teams is something we are looking into, as mentioned previously. It is very hard to balance teams out in a game where a player can perform in a certain way during one event of the Soda Squad and then perform completely different in the next one, hence the challenge for our balancing team.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?