Leaderboards and summary of the special candies created - What are your thoughts?

Xarly
Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
Hi everyone!

Today we would like to ask you all about these two features that were recently introduced to Candy Crush Soda Saga:

If you have seen one of these two in your game, we would love to hear your feedback!

We would love to know the following:

• What is your perception of this feature? Are you aware of it and do you like it? If not, what would you improve?
  • Do you find Kimmy's messages nice and engaging? Have you ever shared them elsewhere? Do you find them motivational?
  • What are your thoughts on the summary of the special candies? Do you like knowing that at the end of a level and do you find that information useful?
If there's feedback around these features that is not included in the questions above but that you would like to share with us, please do it!

Always remember to remind polite and respectful when giving your opinions (House Rules can be read here).

Cheers,
Xarly

Comments

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      I don't see the point of it. It's just another annoying thing I have to close/click away, when I've passed a level. There's too much of that. It takes way too long to get through all the in my opinion unnecessary stuff between levels. Rainbow road, gold tickets, offers to buy boosters, leaderboards and now summary of special candies. 
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    I have not seen this feature in my game yet but unless I got rewarded for beating my score or others I wouldn't want to play a level over again. They are usually hard enough to get through the first time! The special candies message could be useful for MTF tracking but otherwise I don't really care unless again, I am rewarded! I agree with most of what  @Ditte says but Rainbow Road does give you free boosters to use right away after winning a level.
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      Yes nothing against  Rainbow Road, except that it makes me use more boosters because I don't want to lose it, but I just want to go from one level to the next without all the stuff popping up on the screen. 
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,562 Sweet Legend
    I do not need it and I do not care. Have now enough features as on the PC. And as it is, it's good. I'm making good progress. Only, I still have no BGH:

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,586 Soda Moderator
    I don’t see the purpose of these features. I don’t need messages, I find them annoying and I don’t like replaying a level. I’ve done it to help the squad, but don’t care anymore because the rewards aren’t worth it. Same with the summary of the candies. I saw it and the only thing I thought was why do I get this, it doesn't matter mentally. I am not rewarded for it, I get nothing extra. These features only pollute the game. You get information that you don’t need. I can't imagine that people would like to replay levels or keep track of the special candies made. I like / liked the game because I just want to play games, move my mind, make progress with levels and nothing else. I don't need statistics or so-called nice messages. I click away this surplus information for me, I don't even look at it and it only makes me annoyed. 
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    if no rewards associated, what is the use? we are not 5 anymore!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Yosca said:
    I don’t see the purpose of these features. I don’t need messages, I find them annoying and I don’t like replaying a level. I’ve done it to help the squad, but don’t care anymore because the rewards aren’t worth it. Same with the summary of the candies. I saw it and the only thing I thought was why do I get this, it doesn't matter mentally. I am not rewarded for it, I get nothing extra. These features only pollute the game. You get information that you don’t need. I can't imagine that people would like to replay levels or keep track of the special candies made. I like / liked the game because I just want to play games, move my mind, make progress with levels and nothing else. I don't need statistics or so-called nice messages. I click away this surplus information for me, I don't even look at it and it only makes me annoyed. 
    I thankfully don’t have this useless extra screen to click through as well, these stats would be completely useless.  I must admit, in multiplayer games like Halo that I play I sometimes like to review my stats after the game to see how I stack up against the competition but in a single-player game like this who cares??  As previous posters have stated the newer levels are so difficult that I would - even if I cared about such trivial things as how many stripes I made - never bother to play the levels again unless said level was useful for a particular daily quest.

@Xarly why are useless features like this(not to mention all of the early levels having been completely changed) added to the game yet features like the Farce that have received nothing but massive amounts of negative feedback for 5 months now not addressed?
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I don’t have it in my game yet, so can’t comment on what it’s like to play the game with it, but as others have mentioned here, my initial reaction is, “what’s the purpose?”

That said, I do have something of a love/hate relationship with data and the “love” part of that might find it rather interesting. I can see that it may be useful for some of the MTF tiles (and really helpful if I still had the Quests).  

Despite having posted  some data from Soda Squad, I should also add that before all these changes to the game, I never did any sort of personal data mining on anything in the game.

I would rather see something new within the game levels themselves than something like this which is basically window dressing.  

How about a gummy worm that eats it’s way through a row?
  • Yosca
    I think the summary makes little sense for MTF. It only indicates which special candies you have made for that particular level. Suppose I have to make 20 wrapped candies, I will still have to check at MTF what my total is, because you do not always get everything in 1 level.
  • Yosca
    Well I got my new levels today and noticed I don’t have these 2 features anymore. Thank you for that 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?