New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      A weird thing just happened. I got a new board and had just checked all the tiles before choosing one. Two rows I could do by myself so I took the tile shared by the two rows. It was cb/stripe or maybe cb/fish. Then when I was getting ready to play I noticed in the top right corner, that it said 120 cyan instead?? Went back to the board and it was not the same as before. Also other teammates. And now no rows I can do myself instead of two >:)
  • TheaPierrot
    TheaPierrot Posts: 25 Level 2
    I don't want it removed. I enjoy it when other players use it as intended. I suspect that experienced players are deliberately blocking those of us who do like using it. 

Posting strategy is more fun than playing. Here is my new board. 

CB/Fish,,,,,,,,,Bubble,,,,,,,,,15 Wrap,,,,,,,CC

Wrap/Fish,,,,,Hand,,,,,,,,,,,,20 Stripe,,,,,,120 Red

CB/Stripe,,,,,,,Frost,,,,,,,,,,,130 Orange,,,5 stars

L Hammer….Stripe/Fish,,,,,,,,,,,Level,,,,,,,100 Green

I decided to take 130 orange as it is the intersection between a fairly easy row and an easy column. Minutes later Photo takes 15 Wrap. I think looking good. Not. They sat on it all day. That seems deliberate to me. I'm going to wait until very late to select my next tile. My daily reset is at 4AM so I can't do it at the last minute. 

It's nice that they are planning changes but a very quick fix would be to just put a timer on the tiles. 4 hours. If not done you have to re-select. 
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Just when I start thinking that Mr. Toffee isn’t so bad, thanks to a board with 2 cooperative teammates, followed by one I did myself, I get tossed back to reality with the next group.  
  • nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    Ditte said:
    Yosca said:
    monnikhof said:
    well I have had enough. I decided not to play anymore, no more fun. However how best to do this? When I just stop playing do I become one of the (hated) people who just prevent you fellows from completing these team challenges? Best way to stop Xarly?
    If you don’t block a tile the row can complete. I always try to do my own thing, not relying on others and can complete in 2 days.
      Yes as long as you don't block, it's okay. Unfortunately my board today is one of those where every single row requires a use of a hand or striped lolly or passing a new level. So I can't complete a row by myself until Friday. So far the two other players are a no show. 
    you don't have to tick a tile, so today when I got a new board (a rare thing happened, one of my teammates played like I do and we did it in one day), I didn't tick any tiles on the new board though. I left it for my new teammates to see what they wanted to complete, or not, first.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Thanks for your insightful comments on the strategy @TheaPierrot!

They really help us here in the Soda studio. I also want to confirm once more that the information @Dirty_Nurse gave you is not true - all players are real players (hence why balancing it is difficult, because many behaviours are unpredictable).

As you mention, or @nothappyjan as well, the experience with Mr. Toffee's Fair when the team is a right one can be very fun. That's where the team is heading towards and that's what we are currently working on (finding ways to guarantee that the experience is a good one).

Mr. Toffee's Fair is an optional event. If it's not appealing to some of you, you can just choose not to play it (and, as mentioned above, just don't select a tile and you won't be hurting your team). In any case, please respect that it is fun to others and let people play the way they wish (the same way as they do not interfering with your decision of playing the feature or not).

I want to also use the time to reinforce that an optimisation of the feature is being built and that, if it all goes well, we will be able to see it live in some weeks.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Ditte
     I keep getting notifications on my phone that my teammate has ticked a tile but when i check there are no new ticks  :( 
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Ditte said:
     I keep getting notifications on my phone that my teammate has ticked a tile but when i check there are no new ticks  :( 
    I'd like some of those, did my last board alone, this one I've done my 2 for the day, both "team mates" have picked tiles, but no ticks. Both were easy too. 😠 
  • Dinges
    Dinges Posts: 20 Level 2
    edited July 2019
    quoting didn't work
  • Ditte
      I'm still stuck on the board with no rows I can complete by myself. The board I got instead of the good board with two doable rows >:) . So the false notifications are extra annoying! Six tiles have been ticked four by me. Two rows need just one more tick. One is just one new level. The other a bubble level. So easy if you've got new levels which I don't. 
  • Dinges
    Dinges Posts: 20 Level 2
    edited July 2019

Xarly said:
    "Mr. Toffee's Fair is an optional event. If it's not appealing to some of you, you can just choose not to play it (and, as mentioned above, just don't select a tile and you won't be hurting your team). In any case, please respect that it is fun to others and let people play the way they wish (the same way as they do not interfering with your decision of playing the feature or not)."

But this is exactly the problem, isn't it?
    Because I do want to play, but if someone is blocking me, I can not play the way I wish.
    Telling me not to play at all is too simple, I mean, you want to have a feature that is appealing to most players, right?
    I know there will be changes to this game, and I really hope that means no waiting for team members anymore.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?