Booster Tips - Give us your feedback!

Xarly
Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
Hi all,

Some weeks ago, the Studio added another small optimization around the boosters that explains and highlights better their function once you click on them. The aim is to give players an enhanced experience when using boosters in-game, putting focus on the selected booster as well as explain how it works using tutorial texts.

To many of you, experienced players, this might not be a feature of great value, but for other players, it can be useful in order to understand the mechanics of all boosters. We are looking to know what your thoughts are on this feature:

Were you aware of this feature?
Do you find it useful or is it inconvenient?
Would you change this feature in any way?

Questions like the above might help you understand the type of feedback the team is searching for.

As always, please stay respectful but be honest, we want the real feedback.

Here is a video of the mechanics to better illustrate what we are asking about:

https://youtu.be/W30sn5BTDSQ

Cheers,
Xarly

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,600 Sweet Legend
    OK. The same is with Candy Crush, where the boosters wobble. For me something is disturbing. I would like to be able to decide for myself when to use it.

• Gee_62
    Gee_62 Posts: 14 Level 2
    I have a tip, get rid of timed boosters and remove timed striped and wrapped candies, they're useless.
  • Wiggles777
    Wiggles777 Posts: 78 Level 3
    My booster tip is to wait till this game becomes tenable again.  
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,934 Candy Moderator
    @Xarly - I wasn't aware of this feature but I think it should definitely be helpful - especially to people not that familiar with the game.  Since I play this game along with several other  Candy Crush games - I am already familiar with these booster's functions.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,680 Sweet Legend
    @Xarly it's a good feature.  We already have it in Candy Crush Saga.  Players can choose to do it or ignore it.  Tell the studio that they have my vote!
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited August 2019
    I think this is a great idea and will be very helpful to new players! My only suggestion would be to give us the option to turn off such tutorials if we want. Many of the games I play have such an option in the start menu.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,804 Soda Moderator
    edited August 2019
    It might be helpful. Highlighting the booster makes you aware that you have selected something. At the time when I started playing Soda,  I sometimes accidentally clicked on the lollypop / hammer. Very annoying if you unintentionally lose boosters in that way.

• Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    edited August 2019
    (Edited by CM: Off-Topic)
  • mowie
    mowie Posts: 163 Level 3
    would be nice if they could give some kind of example what were supposed to be working on i'm on a level that not sure what i'm supposed to be looking for so having a hard time leveling up not sure which level i'm on since i'm frozen out of it but was doing real good
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Thank you all for your thoughts and feedback! This is exactly the type of opinions that the team was searching for.

Keep any points about this coming our way if you have anything to share. So far, it seems like the general consensus is that it doesn't hurt having it and that it definitely can help newcomers to the game to understand how the boosters work.

Cheers and keep the conversation going!
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?