New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Thanks for the report @Yaz_Milani!

We'll keep an eye and monitor to see if it's a pattern. So far you are the first to report but we will revisit the text as well.

To your point, @LizzyLemondrop, as of now, it's a matter of balance and luck. We are trying to get better at the team building mechanics but currently the system is as mentioned previously: if your team achieves the 800 points together then it stays together for the next event. If it doesn't, then it will reshuffle again and if you were active, then you will be placed in a team of people that were also active in the previous event (although this is seen that it doesn't guarantee they'll be active during that one as well).

Hope that summary wasn't too confusing! That's where we are at right now :).

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    @Xarly
    Heres a screen shot of what it looks like. I’m happier if I could collect my own gold bars.. it pushes me to go back and play older levels just to reach the specific amount! 
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    I've never seen that "gold bars" screen.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Nor have I though admittedly I X out of the awful “team” feature screens as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your response, @Xarly, I’m fairly sure I am one of the players that said exactly that about people’s nonsensical behavior.  I’m sure you wouldn’t outright lie about this but from what I have encountered personally and seen via others on this and other “team”-oriented threads it sure does seem like the “teammates” are fake(for example, a couple SubPar squads ago I was actively playing while it reset and found a new “team”. After I played one level one of those new “teammates” had 26 points which seems highly unlikely).  I have also tried to contact a few of these “teammates” via facespace messages but not only did none reply but their profiles showed no CCSS activity.  Granted, I only looked up the unique names and personally I would NEVER want to be randomly messaged by people in regards to a single-player game like this, but still, this should - in addition to all of the overwhelmingly negative feedback these “team” features have received - show that players simply don’t want to have to rely on others in this again - single-player game.

This has been asked before but why not simply prompt players for the choice of solo or “team” play?  Solo players would get the quests and the misguided individuals that would somehow want “team” play would get the Farce and SubPar Squad. 
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    "This has been asked before but why not simply prompt players for the choice of solo or “team” play?  Solo players would get the quests and the misguided individuals that would somehow want “team” play would get the Farce and SubPar Squad. "

Yes please.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,586 Soda Moderator
    Yesterday late, I got an update of Soda and I have the same notification as @Yaz_Milani. Today I have the new levels so we’ll see. Nevertheless I still prefer single play.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    As do we all.  This is a single player game, after all, regardless of what King seems to think.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hey all,

Two points I'd like to comment on:

• Option of playing Solo/Team - It's currently under discussion. For the first iterations, the team wanted to see what the perception and behaviour of teams was. Now it's being discussed and that very same option is on the table. I don't have final news around this, but it's an ongoing conversation at the moment.
    • Gold bars as an addition - I checked with the team and this is indeed an addition that it's being tested. It's independent from the timeline of the squad, which can be confusing (and the team's checking this to see what the feedback is and check for improvements). @Yaz_Milani, that's very good feedback, regarding not liking the reward as a high level player because it pushes you to replay levels. It's a small test at the moment, so there isn't much more information that I can share about this at the moment.
    Please keep sharing your thoughts and insights around it all, as it's of great value to the team.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • JoeyG
    JoeyG Posts: 5 Level 2
    Okay.  I just installed "Candy Crush Soda Saga" on my computer and went through some two dozen levels and *BAM!* when the next level starts, I get the "Soda Squad" BS.  And the game will NOT let me proceed without this BS Squad crap.
    Over at "Candy Crush Saga," after a week of complaining, I was FINALLY told how to shut off the stupid asinine "Fantastic Five" garbage. 
    Why the ******* can't the people at King get it through their ****ing heads that people get these games to PLAY SOLO.  I honestly thought that "playing with friends" was the whole rationale for "Candy Crush FRIENDS"--which is on my computer but I have yet to open it because I do NOT want to be part of some stupid sorry team or squad or whatever the crap you people want to call it.
    IF you idiots feel you just "HAVE TO" install these idiotic, asinine, STUPID "team events," then BEFORE YOU ADD THE CRAP MAKE SURE WE THE PLAYERS CAN OPT OUT OF THE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm tired of this crap.  Okay--it's a "free game."  But that doesn't mean that I should be forced to play crap that I DON'T WANT TO PLAY.  Hell, if I'd had to pay for this game (or any Candy Crush games) and you people just forced this junk on me, I'd be demanding a full refund (plus any moneys that I may have spent in the process).  But, even as a free game, the PLAYERS should be able to ENJOY THEMSELVES without having to deal with a bunch of other players.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    The gold bars would be an improvement but the option to play solo is much needed. However, it would be hard for 1 person to get 800 points. I do get tired of feeling guilty when I don't have time to play and help my teams. I think most of us would rather play at out own pace and not worry about putting in time for teams. In regards to CC Friends, it is a solo game. Your "friends" are the characters giving you boosters and cheering you on.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?