New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• DitteDitte Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
       I don't get those people. It would take 2 minutes to get those last 19 reds. I finally finished the board I should have been able to finish 2 days ago if not for the blocker who in 3 days didn't make a single wrap. And the reward: a wrap and an hour of free lives. Useless. Have now finished my 2 tiles on the next board. One other player has chosen the tile "use a striped hammer", so I guess that player doesn't want to participate. Would have been easy to make a row since the 2 tiles  I've left is make 130 green and 140 blue. Can't get much easier than that. 
        Maybe WE should start blocking. Must be fun since so many people are doing it..... :p
  • susanm9090susanm9090 Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I am tempted to try it just to see if non playing blockers do or don’t get a reward when a board is finished.
       Then it would be smarter not to block, and instead pick a "neutral" tile as the board/row would be finished sooner. I think we we're told, you need to tick at least one tile to get a reward. 
    I have looked for rules in the game and have not found them.  So the only thing to do is test it out.   
  • Kathy_ShattuckKathy_Shattuck Posts: 40 ✭✭
    @Xarly Any changes coming to MTF or Soda Squad anytime soon? I'm close to giving up on candy crush soda saga as it's not as much fun anymore and brings me frustration instead. It's been taking me 3 days to complete MTF most of the time lately because of "parkers". If there was a time limit (say like 12 hours max) that people could park on a square, it would be a lot less frustrating. Or if more than one person could work on a square. Or if we were allowed to tick more than 2 tiles a day. Maybe 2 tiles every 12 hours, or 4 tiles a day? I just want to know if there are changes such as this coming, or do I just give up on this game I used to love. Basically all I do now is click my 2 tiles and then I'm done. Soda squad isn't fun either since each team I've been on, I'm the one doing 90 percent of the work. Thanks for any update you might have Xarly, just hoping things will get better.
  • LauraLMasonLauraLMason Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    Page 1 has the rules. It does say you have to complete at least 1 task to win a prize. I don't think that has changed. So if someone parks and hasn't finished at least 1 other task hopefully they aren't winning the prizes.
    I play on tablet.  This is only the information - 
  • LauraLMasonLauraLMason Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    I use a tablet as well. What I am seeing is on page 1 of the 98 @Xarlys introduction and explanation of the rules.
    I don’t know how to get to these rules nor do I expect most casual players do.  They read this and think they will get booster if team wins.
  • LizzyLemondropLizzyLemondrop Posts: 425 Superstar
    I don't understand these players who sit on tiles that block the team's progress. If they don't want to participate, but still want a booster from their teammate's hard work, why not sit on the worst tile on the board instead of blocking a good one? 😖

Please Vote here for adding a 500 point Treasure Chest to Soda Squad! Thanks.

Some might be very occasional players and just choose anything without paying much attention but others just get enjoyment out of blocking, I think.
  • XarlyXarly Posts: 2,162 Community Manager
    @Xarly Any changes coming to MTF or Soda Squad anytime soon? I'm close to giving up on candy crush soda saga as it's not as much fun anymore and brings me frustration instead. It's been taking me 3 days to complete MTF most of the time lately because of "parkers". If there was a time limit (say like 12 hours max) that people could park on a square, it would be a lot less frustrating. Or if more than one person could work on a square. Or if we were allowed to tick more than 2 tiles a day. Maybe 2 tiles every 12 hours, or 4 tiles a day? I just want to know if there are changes such as this coming, or do I just give up on this game I used to love. Basically all I do now is click my 2 tiles and then I'm done. Soda squad isn't fun either since each team I've been on, I'm the one doing 90 percent of the work. Thanks for any update you might have Xarly, just hoping things will get better.
    Hi @Kathy_Shattuck,

The team is indeed working on optimizations for both features but these are taking more than it was expected. There is no specific date for release, but they are working on improvements that address situations like the ones you mention above. We are very aware of the fact that this is far from ideal and there is an intention to make things right. The team is currently very busy with new content, with optimizations that have been needed in the backend side of things (around Facebook, HTML5, etc) and with many other internal projects that I cannot disclose.

I hope good news around Mr. Toffee's Fair come soon but I cannot make any promises as of now (only guarantee that there is an intention and plan to fix your concerns around the feature).

Cheers,
    Xarly

• XarlyXarly Posts: 2,162 Community Manager
    Hi @Kathy_Shattuck,

The team is indeed working on optimizations for both features but these are taking more than it was expected. There is no specific date for release, but they are working on improvements that address situations like the ones you mention above. We are very aware of the fact that this is far from ideal and there is an intention to make things right. The team is currently very busy with new content, with optimizations that have been needed in the backend side of things (around Facebook, HTML5, etc) and with many other internal projects that I cannot disclose.

I hope good news around Mr. Toffee's Fair come soon but I cannot make any promises as of now (only guarantee that there is an intention and plan to fix your concerns around the feature).

Cheers,
    Xarly

• BricornBricorn Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    Xarly, not actually about Mr T, but what's happened to the free boosters every 48 hours? MIA from Windows and Android.