New Rainbow Streak (aka Rainbow Road) - We want your Feedback!

Comments

• bernertessa
    bernertessa Posts: 2 Newbie
    Prefered the old version
    semes no one of my friends is playing this game anymore,no more help from any one!!!
    the game is becoming boring since it's changed and sorry for my poor englisch but i'm flemisch so...:)
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    @Xarly, I appreciate the fact King is trying to make the game easier to understand for new players who are not familiar with the game features. To @Yosca's point, I believe the majority of the playerbase is most upset by all of the changes in rewards lately. I still have not had the opportunity to try out the new Rainbow Streak, but if the rewards are the same that would be a plus.
  • Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    edited August 2019
    Prefered the old version
    I logged in this morning, got my daily booster and 30 mins play. Completed 2478 on my first attempt, got to 2479, tried it twice and thought, “that’s a double fish level”.
    So I’ll log in tomorrow,get the colour bomb, log off. Then try again with the double fish on Thursday.
    This is how I play the game now.
    Never been close to a Rainbow streak,probably never will.

• peejay
    peejay Posts: 121 Level 3
    Love the new version
    Its OK looks cool for me
  • Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy you take your time to comment! I'm in the development team that has been working with Rainbow Streak. :) 
    I just wanted to assure you that we've made no difference to the boosters rewarded compared to the old Rainbow Road, with the exception of some experimentation with the extra wrapped candies. 

I'm curious, what color of the rainbow are you on currently? Have you experienced the five different flavors?
  • Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    Prefered the old version
    Not even close.....logs off, double fish tomorrow, try again.
    Broken game,thanks in no small part, to the gullible and naive booster buyers.
    Well done kids 😂😂
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Prefered the old version
    Hi @Buglady, I was the first player to post on this change.  I made it to the end of the 5 soda bottles and got the rewards, but I do not like this at all!  I want my Kimmy back.  I looked forward to seeing her and watching the rewards get added through Rainbow Road.  This new one hurts my poor vision.  The bottles open up and the boosters appear at the top of the board.  I read what @Xarly wrote about why you guys did this and my question is this.  How did you collect the data where the players didn't understand it?  It's always been in my game and I am almost at level 2100 so that makes it here in my game for quite a while now.  How come suddenly it becomes a problem with players being confused on how to play it?  Does King collect data on how many candy crush games individuals play?  If players have ever played Candy Crush Saga then they should be aware of how it works because that game always had similar things. 

I am very upset with this change because of my very poor vision.  There might not be enough data out there for players who have vision problems so I can speak for those who don't write here.  There has been so many changes in the game in the last few months with all quests disappearing, adding Mr. Toffee's Fair and then several pages of players' comments, several pages of Soda Squad and I can tell you that I wish you gave us the option to not use the Episode Race.  I don't like it and I don't have an option of not doing it.  As soon as my game opens up the darn pop up wants me to click to start a race.  If I were a competitive player who always had to get 3 stars for each level then I would love the race.  But for me I can start out in 1st place and then suddenly I'm in the last place because I am having trouble clearing the levels.  It's a downer to see me as #5.  Can you please make a shut off for this as it's not enjoyable to see the right side of my game with me always being #5
    and then getting a pop up saying that it ended and maybe I'll do better the next time.

@Xarly I know that I shouldn't be posting all of this, being a Superstar, but please let @Buglady read everything that I wrote and then you can edit what you want.

I want my Kimmy back!
  • Steve_Epstein
    Steve_Epstein Posts: 76 Level 3
    Prefered the old version
    It does not matter to me which way the bonuses are delivered.  If there is a picture of fish (in a rainbow or in a bottle), then it seems to suggest that the bonus would be doubling of fish.  Creation of fish is a standard of the game and they are often times the most productive tool to clearing a level.  Please remove them from the bonus bottle picture if they’re not going to be doubled once you have the 4th or 5th bottle.
  • Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Hi @Elsa!
    I'm sorry to hear about your eyesight, you're probably correct in your comment that few people with the same situation hang here in the forums like you do. During the development of this feature, several methods for gaining insight about players preferences were used, both with tests and interviews with real players, data to measure peoples behaviours ingame and lots of internal testing in various ways.  
    It's a familiar issue though, that the more veteran players have different preferences than the average players. Our game is still limited in how much we can tailor the experience for different users but I know that it's something that's been mentioned before. Episode race is probably most rewarding for those players who likes to rush through lots of levels in a short time. 

And @Steve_Epstein and everyone else that's mentioned the fish issue, thank you! It's noted, I need to look into it. It truly sounds... fishy. ^^

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Prefered the old version
    @Buglady thank you so very much for responding to me.  I was waiting for @Xarly to edit my entire message.  Thank you so much for letting me know how you collect the data.  Perhaps in the future you can use some of us in your data collection.  Do you think there is some way to shut off the Episode Race so that it doesn't pop up when the game is opened?  I do not like to compare one group with another, but the Saga Kingsters found a way of shutting off some of the events for the players who didn't want to participate.  You go into your settings and then into the features and then you can shut it off.  Perhaps this is something that your group could consider, maybe ??   If you think that it can be done then perhaps @Xarly could do a poll of sorts asking if the players would want a shut off.  I think in Saga it was a suggested idea and a lot of people voted that they wanted these shut offs.  Just a suggestion.  I appreciate the time it it took you to respond to me.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?