New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,866 Soda Moderator
    @Bricorn Do you mean the bubblegum machine? You can find it to click on the gold bars (next to the piggy bank)
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Yosca, no, there was a free booster thingy that gave you a goody, initially every 12 hours, latterly every 48 hours. Now it's gone. 
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    @Xarly Thanks for the update. 
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Xarly, the only "optimisation" we actually want it the Quests back. 🔙
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @xarly you’ve mentioned that the team is continuing to work on “fixing” some of the issues with MTF and that it is taking longer than expected.  The two biggest complaints seem to be about people blocking the game and the two tick per day limit.  I can understand why solving the issue with the blockers could be problematic on a whole bunch of levels.  Thinking about all the complaints of “I got kicked off my tile...” etc.
    However, it seems that from a programming standpoint, eliminating the two tick per day limit is a fairly simple fix.  Is there a reason that the developers don’t want to change the limit on how many tiles a player can do in one day?
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    It would probably take away the team factor and enable someone to play a board by themselves. They want the trio to work together to quickly make a line.  However, this doesn't  usually happen! I have always thought MTF would would work better without a team. It really isn't necessary!
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    I think if the number of tics went up to 4 a day it wouldn't necessarily defeat the team-work aspect. If I saw someone had already started a row, why wouldn't I use less of my own moves to finish the row and get it done faster? No point in starting a new row from scratch when another player is actively working.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    @xarly you’ve mentioned that the team is continuing to work on “fixing” some of the issues with MTF and that it is taking longer than expected.  The two biggest complaints seem to be about people blocking the game and the two tick per day limit.  I can understand why solving the issue with the blockers could be problematic on a whole bunch of levels.  Thinking about all the complaints of “I got kicked off my tile...” etc.
    However, it seems that from a programming standpoint, eliminating the two tick per day limit is a fairly simple fix.  Is there a reason that the developers don’t want to change the limit on how many tiles a player can do in one day?
    Hi @candysodacrusher,

As per usual, great question! The reason behind this is because they are aiming at having a bigger overhaul of the feature, with that as a part of it. I agree that it would be a quick easy fix, and I'll make sure your feedback is addressed but hopefully my answer shares some insights as to why we are where we are at the moment.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Come on guys! Don't you know a rip-off when you see it? All this stalling is a tactic to get you to buy boosters. I've been quiet for a while, but this is tiresome. Don't buy into the corporate greed! Everything King does is a calculated scam. Let's see how long this post stays up before it gets deleted.
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    dalec said:
    Come on guys! Don't you know a rip-off when you see it? All this stalling is a tactic to get you to buy boosters. I've been quiet for a while, but this is tiresome. Don't buy into the corporate greed! Everything King does is a calculated scam. Let's see how long this post stays up before it gets deleted.

What I find interesting is that King has actually made it easier to get boosters in CC Jelly.  They have just given us some unlimited lives time on their side game where you can win decent boosters for completing the game.  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?