Changed levels, changed game

Options

Comments

• Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Options
    Yes, youre right :D. By mistake I used the old names for Mr Toffee and Gumball goodies, the one that gives you a freebie every other day. Sorry for that! 
    They together with the Soda squad gives me a couple of lollipops each week.
    How do you feel about Rainbow road/rainbow streak, does it help your progress? 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,014 Soda Moderator
    Options
    The old Rainbow Road did help and was usefull with de timed boosters (when you had 6 gold pins). I gave my feedback on the poll.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    Buglady said:
    Yes, youre right :D. By mistake I used the old names for Mr Toffee and Gumball goodies, the one that gives you a freebie every other day. Sorry for that! 
    They together with the Soda squad gives me a couple of lollipops each week.
    How do you feel about Rainbow road/rainbow streak, does it help your progress? 
    Thanks for taking the time to comment here!  It’s very much appreciated by all of us loyal players that have been playing for many years or like me, since day 1.

I have to start this reply with a Thank You to you and the rest of the team there at the studio.  You all have provided us players with a lot of enjoyment over the years with extremely few bugs, at least in my experience.  That being said...

Can you enlighten us as to why you have been subjecting us to the ridiculous concept of “team” play in this game which is strictly a single-player experience?  You said you read player reviews and so do I; the response to this has been unanimously negative yet nothing has changed for months regardless of what your liaison @Xarly has said.

When can we expect the game to be enjoyable again like it was before this “team” concept was forced upon us?  
  • Buglady
    Options

Can you enlighten us as to why you have been subjecting us to the ridiculous concept of “team” play in this game which is strictly a single-player experience?  You said you read player reviews and so do I; the response to this has been unanimously negative yet nothing has changed for months regardless of what your liaison @Xarly has said.

When can we expect the game to be enjoyable again like it was before this “team” concept was forced upon us?  
    Hi @Dirty_Nurse
    I think there's a thread specifically for feedback on that feature, it might be better to provide it there. 
    Regarding the multiplayer experience, I know the gameplay is singleplayer of course like you say, but by hanging in forums and user groups I've noticed that a lot of people do play our game in a social manner. They post screenshots, compare with their friends, look for new friends, send and ask for lives, compete for finishing new episodes... We try to cater for different types of players, always super hard to please everyone. We do have different sources of feedback, including this forum and others. We try to use them all to get a fair view of players' opinions altogether. In general, negative experiences seems to inspire more forum posts than positive ones, which could make the view a bit skewed, we need to keep that in mind too. 
    I hope next feature will be something that you'll enjoy more. :)

• Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Options

@Buglady I do understand that people are more likely to post about a negative experience than a positive one. However, in this community and other review forums players post both negative and positive experiences as that’s kind of the point. I have been reading reviews on Mr. Toffee Fair since it came out in February here, Google play, the Apple store and Facebook and I have not seen a single positive review. Out of hundreds and hundreds of reviews not one single positive review. That doesn’t sound like a skewed view to me, it sounds more like a complete and utter failure. 
  • Buglady
    Options
    Thank you @Jami_Fagala
    I can assure you that we've been reading about Mr Toffee here. :) Some changes are already made as you might have seen ingame. We definitley take your opinions very seriously, they do give us context that just data won't. I just wanted to remind you that we have to consider more sources than only the forum. I promise, I have heard from people who like the fair too. ;)  
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Options
    @Buglady thank you for responding. I have seen the changes in MTF but those changes really have no affect on the biggest problems with the feature. People are still getting blocked by other players. We are still stuck with the 2 tiles per day limit. There are still tasks on the board requiring you to use a booster to get a booster, in most cases, worse than the one you used. And then there’s the rewards which don’t even come close to the rewards we got from quests. Also this forum is not the only place I have seen only negative reviews. Between google play, Apple store, Facebook, and this forum I have not seen one single positive review of MTF. That is what leads me to believe the feature is a failure, not just my opinion. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Options
    Buglady said:
    Thank you @Jami_Fagala
    I can assure you that we've been reading about Mr Toffee here. :) Some changes are already made as you might have seen ingame. We definitley take your opinions very seriously, they do give us context that just data won't. I just wanted to remind you that we have to consider more sources than only the forum. I promise, I have heard from people who like the fair too. ;)  
    Are those people that like the Farce other members of the studio?  Like @Jami_Fagala has stated, the reviews are chock full of negative responses and not one positive at all. That’s not skewed, that’s complete and total dislike of the feature by everyone.

As for your other point about some players wanting to compete with friends and compare scores and such...how exactly do these “team” features cater to those players?  As many of us here and on other platforms have repeatedly said we have no desire to be matched up with random “teammates” that serve only to block our progress.  I could understand this if players were able to select their teammates out of their pool of fb friends but as-is these features are just a waste of time.  In the SubPar Squad for instance I would always have enough points to reach the last prize were it adjusted for solo play; I haven’t gotten to it yet because my lackluster “teammates” barely contribute every 14 days.  Why can’t the “teams” be removed and these features adjusted so there’s no need to rely on random strangers?  Or, better yet, scrap these awful concepts completely and return the quests to all.  
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    Options
    If we could choose who we play with on team events it might be slightly less frustrating, but playing with total strangers who you can't communicate with is just extremely frustrating. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Options
    If we could choose who we play with on team events it might be slightly less frustrating, but playing with total strangers who you can't communicate with is just extremely frustrating. 
    Exactly.  What @Buglady said about some players wanting to compete with friends has nothing at all to do with these awful “team” features that have been forced upon us.  Who in their right mind wants to play with strangers in a single-player game??  I have no friends that play this but can certainly see the allure in playing with actual players with which you could communicate.

@buglady, how hard could it really be for you guys at the studio to give players the option to choose between solo and “team” play and then apply the bonus features accordingly?  You mentioned that it’s hard to please all players at the same time but this would certainly do exactly that.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?