New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    edited August 2019
    I see how frustrated some people are because they have to pull everyone’s weight.. I was the same until they introduced the individual gold bars. Now it gives me incentive to collect my own points. 
    However, It would be impossible for me to get over 300 points as I am on the higher levels and I get stuck. Those who get the high points are playing the earlier ones I’m guessing. My tactic is to go back to level one and playing it on repeat which is very boring as I said before. 
    To clarify what I mean here is a pic 

Although this week I have not seen this notification so I’m wondering if it will happen automatically. 
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    I don't yet have the gold bar feature, but that does seem like a nice bonus for the active team members.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I haven’t seen the gold bar feature yet, but I would look forward to trying it as my experience with Soda Squad has been less than positive given the meager rewards and the problems with squad mates who don’t contribute.

So, @Xarly, I have a question for you.  I assume there are multiple metrics for evaluating the success of a feature and I’m wondering if one of them is the percentage of squads that manage to successfully open all 3 chests?  If so, I’m curious as to whether the goal might be a target percentage or merely an increasing trend line?
  • peejay
    peejay Posts: 121 Level 3
    I'd love to give my feedback once I have tired it
    Please add me up to the soda squad just cant wait to try it
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    I don't have the individual gold bars thing, but that would motivate me to play more. All I'm currently doing is ticking my daily two tiles on MTF then done for the day because I'm doing 90% of the work on soda squad every time, so now I'm waiting for time to run out on that to hopefully get a new team. The new team might be just as bad, but I'm willing to see what happens. 
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    I don't do much on the Soda Squad because I mostly play BGH which doesn't count. Only have new levels Friday. One member of my team has yet to make a single point. Can't remember how long the team has been together. 5-6 weeks?
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to answer some of your points below:
    I haven’t seen the gold bar feature yet, but I would look forward to trying it as my experience with Soda Squad has been less than positive given the meager rewards and the problems with squad mates who don’t contribute.

So, @Xarly, I have a question for you.  I assume there are multiple metrics for evaluating the success of a feature and I’m wondering if one of them is the percentage of squads that manage to successfully open all 3 chests?  If so, I’m curious as to whether the goal might be a target percentage or merely an increasing trend line?
    It's a good question but I'm afraid I can't disclose our metrics to the public. At a higher level I can say that we basically do look at metrics, combine that with what player feedback is and act accordingly to what those are and what our vision and strategy is. That, combined with multiple studies, surveys and tests are some of the ingredients that make Soda one of the most successful mobile games in history. Sorry I can't be more specific regarding the Soda Squad here.

peejay said:
    I'm afraid we can't act on that request for this case. Currently, the vast majority of players out there have the Soda Squad, but it can be that you currently don't. All I can recommend is that you have your game up to date and check it regularly. It's only a matter of time until you can enjoy it yourself (and please give us your feedback once you do!).

I don't have the individual gold bars thing, but that would motivate me to play more. All I'm currently doing is ticking my daily two tiles on MTF then done for the day because I'm doing 90% of the work on soda squad every time, so now I'm waiting for time to run out on that to hopefully get a new team. The new team might be just as bad, but I'm willing to see what happens. 
    I see how frustrated some people are because they have to pull everyone’s weight.. I was the same until they introduced the individual gold bars. Now it gives me incentive to collect my own points. 
    However, It would be impossible for me to get over 300 points as I am on the higher levels and I get stuck. Those who get the high points are playing the earlier ones I’m guessing. My tactic is to go back to level one and playing it on repeat which is very boring as I said before. 

Although this week I have not seen this notification so I’m wondering if it will happen automatically. 
    That's all good feedback regarding this. I checked with the team and for this time around this addition is not being run. If you don't have any pop up or notification announcing the gold bars this time, it means you won't get any, just to be clear.

We are sharing your feedback with the team around this addition but it's currently being revised.

To the rest of you sharing your comments and thoughts on the feature, I just want to thank you and reiterate that we keep an eye here and that it is of great value to the team.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    @Xarly You just bummed me out. I was hoping to see the individual gold bar rewards soon. Actually, any individual rewards (gold bars or non-timed boosters) would definitely motivate me to contribute to the squad more. I would also be much more motivated to contribute to the squad if I knew each treasure chest held at least 1 non-timed booster.
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
       I don't understand why somebody who hasn't opened/played CCSS for almost 2 months is still on my team or put on any team? The person who contributed with all of 9 points isn't much help either.....
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Xarly said:
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to answer some of your points below:

It's a good question but I'm afraid I can't disclose our metrics to the public. At a higher level I can say that we basically do look at metrics, combine that with what player feedback is and act accordingly to what those are and what our vision and strategy is. That, combined with multiple studies, surveys and tests are some of the ingredients that make Soda one of the most successful mobile games in history. Sorry I can't be more specific regarding the Soda Squad here.

peejay said:
    I'm afraid we can't act on that request for this case. Currently, the vast majority of players out there have the Soda Squad, but it can be that you currently don't. All I can recommend is that you have your game up to date and check it regularly. It's only a matter of time until you can enjoy it yourself (and please give us your feedback once you do!).

That's all good feedback regarding this. I checked with the team and for this time around this addition is not being run. If you don't have any pop up or notification announcing the gold bars this time, it means you won't get any, just to be clear.

We are sharing your feedback with the team around this addition but it's currently being revised.

To the rest of you sharing your comments and thoughts on the feature, I just want to thank you and reiterate that we keep an eye here and that it is of great value to the team.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?