New Rainbow Streak (aka Rainbow Road) - We want your Feedback!

Comments

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Prefered the old version
    This is at least something about Soda that I don't hate! I still prefer the old way, but I don't mind the new one.
  • Steve_Epstein
    Steve_Epstein Posts: 76 Level 3
    Prefered the old version
    Xarly or Buglady, is there a tracking of stars obtained?  I’m through board 3489 and have achieved 3 stars on all but 20 of them (0.57%).  I’d just be interested in how I compare to others who have completed all available boards.  The Episode Race shows others are on par with me, but I’d like to know next level stats.

• Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    Prefered the old version
    Xarly or Buglady, is there a tracking of stars obtained?  I’m through board 3489 and have achieved 3 stars on all but 20 of them (0.57%).  I’d just be interested in how I compare to others who have completed all available boards.  The Episode Race shows others are on par with me, but I’d like to know next level stats.

Leave the house occasionally......strewth 😂😂
  • Steve_Epstein
    Steve_Epstein Posts: 76 Level 3
    Prefered the old version
    What level are you on again, Pickles?
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Love the new version
    I like the new version because there is less needless lag between games.  As long as the benefits are the same who cares what graphics are displayed!?
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Love the new version
    Steve Epstein.....and how much did that win streak cost you ?
    Maybe I should try an easier app, this one has been ruined by greedy developers and gullible players.
    If he is anything like me it cost him absolutely nothing.  While I couldn’t care less about getting three stars on every level I am currently awaiting new levels having spent not even a single cent.  I also have over 1300 gold bars and many of each booster.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I don’t have the new version yet, so I really can’t say which I prefer.  However, I have noticed that it has become increasingly difficult to get a run going on Rainbow Road.  Not sure whether it is just the episode I’m in, but as an example, I passed 8 levels tonight and never got past the first level of Rainbow Road, despite using multiple booster combinations and additional moves (thanks to the ads).
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

Wanted to thank @Buglady for jumping in here and showing you all a glimpse of the other side of the story.

Regarding sharing a bit more insights as to why the change happened, the team was looking at ways to simplify the mechanisms. As it stands, the team prefers people to have fun and come often, rather than playing for too long and potentially feeling frustrated and even burning out. That's why the mechanics now aim for a better mechanic and a more fun and engaging experience. Up until now, in that regard, it seems to be working as intended :).

@Steve_Epstein, happy to take that one. As of now, that tracking is not something that players can see. However, there are conversations around leaderboards and at around showing more general stats as to how you perform as a Soda player. I, personally, would love to see those as a player. There is nothing I can anticipate but I can confirm that leaderboards or elements such as that are being discussed.

Please keep the conversation and votes coming!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • misskarla83
    misskarla83 Posts: 31 Level 2
    Love the new version
    Ok so on the rainbow road, once you reach the surprise 🍬,  you can win unlimited double fish, chocolate bombs, or coloring candies for 30 minutes (if I remember correctly because it's been quite a while since I've gotten there). I don't have the new rainbow streak yet but, the boosters inside the bottles, are they also unlimited for a certain time or just added to your account individually? Thanks y'all. GO GATORS! 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,866 Soda Moderator
    Prefered the old version
    No, there is no difference with Rainbow Streak or Rainbow Road, except there are no more extra gifts 🍬. Every time you win a level in the first time you get a booster as shown (first colour ball, then wrapped candy, double fish, striped candy and at last soft ball). As soon you break the streak you lose the last booster and so on. No adding of boosters to your account. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?