Error: Couldn't connect. Go online to download episodes (Reported to the Studio)

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    @parrothead I'm not sure why you are getting that message.  I am going to tag @Xarly who is the community manager for this game.  He might already know what's going on and then I will know for future questions in the community. 
  • parrothead
    parrothead Posts: 9 Level 2
    Hi @Smalyarov,  I don’t have a Facebook account, so just trying to sign on with my email account. I get the same message every time 
  • Kalindi
    Kalindi Posts: 10 Level 2
    I also think it has something to do with the king account. Today i was able to play soda and saga on my iphone. In the afternoon installed a new ipad and changed my password for King account in Saga.
    and now im not able to connect to my soda login on king. Neither on iphone or ipad. The login in my Saga runs fine.
    that could be crazy but for me it is NOT funny. Its the second time since march this year.
    regards
    kalindi
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi all,

I'm sorry that this ongoing issue is happening to you. As it's very specific, we need to run through two options:

iOS

First log out and log in from his Apple ID:Go to Settings >iTunes & Apple Store > tap on your Apple ID, then log out an log in again.

If it persists, try a force restart of the device:

A force restart won’t erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren’t responding. Follow these steps:

- On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.If still persists, let’s try a networks reset:Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

ANDROID

I would like to ask you to follow this procedure that has solved the same issue for other players.

In your Android device tap in the homepage. Once there tap on Settings - once on Settings you scroll and you will find App. In this menu you will see a list of all the app in your device, find Play Store. Tap on it, you will see a screen with the version of the app and just below you will see "clean the cache". Tap on that button and restart your device.

If the issue still persists please log out from your Google Play account and log in again from the settings of the device. If that doesn’t help, try a network reset (this will delete Wifi passwords and Bluetooth pairings).

This can be different on each Android device. Here’s a generic way to find it.Open your device’s Settings app .
    More > Wireless and networks - Networks settings resetPlease suggest searching on the setting of her device if she’s not able to find it following the above steps.

I hope these two processes help you all. It has been of help other times so I encourage you to try thoroughly. If none of it helps, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Xarly
  • Kalindi
    Kalindi Posts: 10 Level 2
    Hi Xarly,
    tried all three options on my ipad but no solution. Everytime trying to login got „unknown error ...“ 
    think it‘s not a problem with the device. Because trying to login on iphone 8 i got the same error ....
    it could not be the only solution to reinstall and loosing all collected booster. 

• orientalmask
    orientalmask Posts: 7 Level 2
    Hello
    I also am getting the same error message and issues with internet connection on my iPad. This has been happening since Sunday August 25 and it’s very frustrating. I have tried the above solutions several times and nothing works. I also don’t believe that the only way to fix the problem is to uninstall and then reinstall as the issues clearly lie with the King account. 
    It has taken me a long time to accumulate all my boosters and I don’t agree that that if I lose them after the reinstallation, I can’t get them back because I haven’t ‘bought’ them. A lot of people have been playing this game for years and to be told that they can’t get those back, especially since the issues are with the game and not their devices, is clearly not fair.
    Anyways, I guess I have no choice but to try the reinstallation and will let you know if I need to have my level or gold bars fixed
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Thanks for stopping by our Community @orientalmask @Kalindi 😃

If you haven't deleted the game app yet, can you try out the following on your Apple device first and see if it helps?

- Disconnect the game from Facebook/King account (if connected).
    - Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.
    - Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari (Super Important).
    - Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/King account so your progress can sync.
  • orientalmask
    orientalmask Posts: 7 Level 2
    Hi QueenB

Sorry but it didn’t work, I don’t use Facebook to sign in, I have a king account. 
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    @orientalmask, that's no problem if you don't use Facebook but did you still clear the Safari cache?

This part connects to the iTunes Store so there might be a bug that is stopping this. If you have tried it, then the next steps is to reinstall the game app.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?