New Rainbow Streak (aka Rainbow Road) - We want your Feedback!

Comments

• Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    Prefered the old version
    What level are you on again, Pickles?
    2437 been at it years.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Buglady said:

I just wanted to assure you that we've made no difference to the boosters rewarded compared to the old Rainbow Road, with the exception of some experimentation with the extra wrapped candies. 

Thank you @Buglady for taking the time to participate in the discussions.

I was wondering if you could share some insight as to why so many of the changes in the game involve wrapped candies as rewards.  Yes, they can be useful, but they are also quite easy to make.  

Based on comments in many of the discussions it doesn't seem that many players (including me) find them very valuable.  I can’t help but think there must be some reason that the developers must think wrapped candies are a truly sweet treat.  Can you enlighten us?

• Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Hi @candysodacrusher!
    I don't have an answer to everything, it's a big game and a big team after all, taking lots of different design decisions all the time. :) 
    The different rewards are considered more or less powerful(I don't know in what order) so they can be handed out with some sense of balance. Whatever we do needs to be with the game balance in mind, it would be less fun if the game is too easy all with having powerful boosters all the time. Or too hard of course. It's all very dynamic, and it affects level designs too. A booster inflation could cause a need to redesign 3000+ levels in the end.

I know this is not exactly answering your questions, but it's all I have for now..

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,782 Soda Moderator
    Prefered the old version
    @Buglady I am at the highest levels (3518) and without the boosters you can hardly beat them. When you don’t get usefull boosters anymore which you can save, the fun is gone. The old Rainbow road gave you a time booster as well when you reached the gift 🍬. Now with Squad and MTF you win sometimes, if you’re lucky, a soft ball, swipe hand, double fish or striped lollipop. Those are usefull, you can store them and use them when you need to. By the way how about the double fish on Rainbow streak (and road) what doesn’t work? I see the double fish in the bottle but doesn’t do a thing.
  • Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Hi @Yosca!
    The fish issue(fishue?) is reported and being taken care of, I'll try to get back here as soon as I have more news on it.  

The extra wrapped gifts are during development, we experiment with them right now. I'm not the right person to make any promises, but they might come back or become revamped in some way. We have seen your feedback and it seems like they were more popular than we expected. For myself, it took me two years of playing until I noticed that we have that feature in Soda... :D
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,782 Soda Moderator
    Prefered the old version
    @Buglady Thank you for responding, it’s nice that you are on this forum and take us seriously 👍🏻
  • candysodacrusher
    @Xarly said:
     As it stands, the team prefers people to have fun and come often, rather than playing for too long and potentially feeling frustrated and even burning out. That's why the mechanics now aim for a better mechanic and a more fun and engaging experience.
    I have been pondering this for a while and no matter how I try to puzzle it out, it always seems contrary to how the game has changed.  There are several reasons I think this. 
    First is the generosity with playing time.  Between daily bonus, Rainbow Road, Bubblegum Hill, and the Treasure Chests on the map there have been times when I’ve accumulated 7, 8, or even 9 hours of unlimited lives.  It’s a pretty seldom occurrence when I run out of lives before I am ready to quit playing.  While this hasn’t changed (yet?), it does indeed encourage people to play for longer, rather than shorter periods of time.
    Second is the change in the reward structure.  The three “guaranteed” ways to accumulate a cache of boosters were the Quests, Bubblegum Hill and the Rocket Races.  Two of those three are gone and Bubblegum Hill only allows you to earn lollipop hammers.  (Not a complaint—I love BGH as it is and PLEASE don’t mess with it😉). With the current prize structure, it seems I’m receiving significantly more timed rewards and significantly fewer rewards that I can save for use when needed.  This sets up a use it or lose it situation which tends to keep one playing longer.  

So yeah, I’m confused.
  • candysodacrusher
    Buglady said:
    Hi @candysodacrusher!
    I don't have an answer to everything, it's a big game and a big team after all, taking lots of different design decisions all the time. :) 
    The different rewards are considered more or less powerful(I don't know in what order) so they can be handed out with some sense of balance. Whatever we do needs to be with the game balance in mind, it would be less fun if the game is too easy all with having powerful boosters all the time. Or too hard of course. It's all very dynamic, and it affects level designs too. A booster inflation could cause a need to redesign 3000+ levels in the end.

I know this is not exactly answering your questions, but it's all I have for now..

Thanks for the response, @Buglady.  It does give me something to think about.  
    Thinking out loud with my fingers—a striped lollipop can take out two whole rows—one horizontal and one vertical, a single lollipop takes out one tile, and a wrapped candy can take out up to 9 tiles, depending on location.    It can also be combined with another special candy for greater effect.  So I’m guessing it has more “value” than I previously gave it credit.  

But...wrapped candies can easily be created and both types of lollipops, double fish and hand switches can only be earned or purchased.  Hmmmm.  
  • Beth_Mc_Hugh
    Beth_Mc_Hugh Posts: 156 Level 3
    Prefered the old version
    QueenB said:
    Hi everyone,

We would love to know your thoughts on Rainbow Streak's new look.

How easy is it to understand the new Rainbow Streak?

What do you like about the new look and why?

Any other thoughts?

Last but not least, don't forget to vote in the poll below 😉

• Beth_Mc_Hugh
    Beth_Mc_Hugh Posts: 156 Level 3
    Prefered the old version

The new Rainbow Road/Streak layout is not easy to interpret. Users must refer to the additional "legend" page Road/Streak.  If it's not broke, don't fix it

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?