Batula’s Key - Treasure Goblin - New feature being tested!

candysodacrusher
candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
edited August 2019 in Discussions
Had a new feature pop up tonight.  After completing a level I got a key to a chest which was located three (I think) levels down the road.  I had (again I think) an hour and a half to get to that level to open the chest.  Made it and got 2 hours of lives, a hand switch, and 30 minutes of wrapped candy.  Also noticed that the old chests that used to be along the road are gone.  

Not it sure what I think about this.  The hand switch is awesome, the lives would be great , but I’m played out for tonight, and can someone please tell me why they keep giving us wrapped candy?

Anyone else see this yet?

Comments

• Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    I saw it, it’s quite clever, the gullible amongst us will happily buy boosters, as time ticks down, to ensure they don’t miss out on, errrr, free boosters.
    Activision are expert at parting the naive and their money 👍
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited August 2019
    I got it in my game too last night. 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    Hey, guys!
    I just updated my Soda Saga app yesterday and got this new feature as well. I haven't had a chance to claim the key yet, but I have to say I'm not very happy that it has replaced my gift boxes.
    What happens once you claim the first key? Does another key pop up further down the map or is it a once a day thing? The gift boxes awarded you with a different booster each time, so I am curious how this new feature works in comparison.
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi guys 😃 @BeckyBubblegum @Elsa @Pickles123 @candysodacrusher

I see you've discovered the Treasure Goblin 🤗 This is a new feature wich is currently being tested so it's not available for all players just yet, lucky you cuz I did not get it 😔

Anyway, while you have this feature, you will not get the normal gift boxes as before so any feedback you may have on this, I will make sure it gets passed on to the Studio.

• _Elsa_
    Well I had it for one evening but it was gone last night.
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    For me, it appears that it can only be played once a day.  Can we get someone  to  officially state the rules of how often this can be played? I do kind of like it though because it's an individual challenge, not a dumb team of strangers. I also like that both times I've played,  one of the gifts I received was non-timed. Yesterday a hand switch was included and today 2 (!) striped hammers. 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    @Elsa, I noticed when I logged in yesterday (the day after I received the new feature) I had to wait about a half hour or so before the prompt to find the special key appeared on my game screen. Perhaps you were not logged in long enough so you missed the prompt?
    @QueenB, well I haven't been fortunate enough to progress enough levels in a day to claim a key yet, but when I do I'll let you all know my opinion. :)
  • _Elsa_
    You are right @BeckyBubblegum!   I only stay in the game to play 3 or 4 times and if I can't get close to clearing the level I leave the game.  Today I'll stay there longer.   Thanks for letting me know this.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    After collecting the key the first time I saw it, haven’t had any sign of it since.  
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    I dont have this yet but it sounds a bit like Dachs and the mystery chest in Friends! I did not get a new Soda Squad when mine expired a few days ago. Hopefully it is being scrapped or improvements being made if not.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?