Batula’s Key - Treasure Goblin - New feature being tested!

Comments

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    I don't have the feature, but if they remove the Chests then I hope you get more than one key a day. Chests would obviously be better.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited August 2019
    I managed to pass the level I was stuck on today and reached my first candy key. I got 2 hours of unlimited lives, 30 minutes of a color bomb and 1 switch hand. Upon receiving that reward I did not get a prompt to search for another key, so it appears that you only get 1 chance a day to unlock a chest.
    Overall, the reward was really nice, but I couldn't make good use of the 2 hour life booster because I ran out of my color bomb booster too soon. If I had had the chance to grab another key and unlock a second chest I could have continued on.
  • jennabear1978
    jennabear1978 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Bring back gift boxes its the only reason I still play this game

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Well I saw my second key today.  I think it must activate after a certain number of levels have been completed.  I wasn’t able to open the chest and the key would disappear for a bit and then reappear with a new time limit.  I am NOT liking the shortened time limits in comparison to the old chests and I’m not terribly fond of the randomness with which the key appears and disappears.  If the goal of these redesigned features is to make them easier for players to understand, this isn’t accomplishing that.
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    edited August 2019
    I was really upset when they took away my daily quests. If they take away my boxes too I don't know if I'll be able to play anymore 😟 I feel like Treasure Goblin should be a bonus, not a replacement. Perhaps if you keep your Rainbow Bow for several levels.

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Haven't seen him yet but still have the Rainbow Road boxes. Hopefully they will not get replaced. Often they are the only way get extra free time to work on hard levels and at least a few times with some boosters. 

The similar character in Friends is random as well and also has a time limit to fetch the key. However, it is in addition to daily quests!
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Having failed to open the chest (multiple agains) the key fairy has upped the time limit to 3:45 hours and moved the chest one level down the road.  
  • selliott911
    selliott911 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have played this game for a very long time now. Those treasure chests are what kept bringing me back to the game more than once a day. I got the new feature a few days ago and I absolutely hate it. The keys are difficult to get within the short period of time. The boosters are great but what I want is the 2 hours extra for lives. The treasure boxes gave us those multiple times throughout the day. This feels like king would rather us not play as often. I still bought boosters every now and then so the chests did not deter me from that. If this tactic is to get us to buy more boosters it’s not working. Now I just play in the mornings when I get my half hour of free lives and don’t revisit the game the rest of the day. 
  • Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    I have played this game for a very long time now. Those treasure chests are what kept bringing me back to the game more than once a day. I got the new feature a few days ago and I absolutely hate it. The keys are difficult to get within the short period of time. The boosters are great but what I want is the 2 hours extra for lives. The treasure boxes gave us those multiple times throughout the day. This feels like king would rather us not play as often. I still bought boosters every now and then so the chests did not deter me from that. If this tactic is to get us to buy more boosters it’s not working. Now I just play in the mornings when I get my half hour of free lives and don’t revisit the game the rest of the day. 
    That’s exactly the tactic, DONT BUY BOOSTERS.
    I do the same as you, 30 mins free lives, then see you tomorrow. Sometimes I get to a level and after a few attempts, realise it’s fixed, then stop playing until the following day, when the more appropriate booster drops.
    Its all a racket, they don’t even try to hide it.

https://www.gameskinny.com/1b054/candy-crush-represents-everything-thats-wrong-with-mobile-gaming
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    Ok, they already made this feature harder for me. The first two times, when I completed one new level, the treasure goblin/batula thing would show up and then I would have to complete 2 or 3 more levels for the reward.   Now it makes me play 3 new levels before the batula/goblin thing shows up and then I have to play 3 to 4 more levels to get the reward. Ugh...I liked this the first two times I played it, but now forget about it. I'm not going to complete 7  new levels just to get a small reward. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?