Batula’s Key - Treasure Goblin - New feature being tested!

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback about Treasure Goblin. It's a new feature that's just coming out now so you all coming together to let us know your thoughts is of great value (and I will make sure it's passed on to the team).

I just wanted to reiterate that, as much as your feedback is very encouraged and appreciated, you cannot incite lobbies or share links to other websites. Your opinion matters, but please remember that your opinion is yours and nobody else's. By all means, keep being vocal about your opinion (with respect, as always), and I will keep sharing your thoughts back with the team.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    I’m not going to ask for the chests back because they won’t be given back. So onwards and upwards... I begged for days for the quests.. some people still have them which is unfair.. however I’m not a sore loser.
  • selliott911
    selliott911 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Respectfully, Does our opinion matter with this feature? I’m thinking it won’t. But I’ve given it another week just to make sure i wasn’t overreacting. It’s absolutely terrible. I’ve only gotten the key and chest once. It makes it almost impossible for the higher level players to move forward. So honestly it feels like a slap in the face to those of us that have stuck around past level 2500. Which also means that most of us have probably spent the most money on power ups.

I am going to reiterate that this feature is causing me to play far less than I was before and I almost deleted the whole game this morning because I’ve been stuck on my current level for 3 days now. This hasn’t happened to me before but I suspect the chests were allowing me to play more therefore pass the levels in less than a couple of days. If this feature doesn’t change I will most likely stop playing. It’s not as rewarding passing difficult levels because there’s no chest waiting for me with 2 hours of play time anymore. 

I see a lot are disappointed with the new team boards. This never bothered me as I found the secret to it is to play my own line. I don’t follow along the same line as others as they never kept up with my progress. That was before this batula key thing though. Now I’m stuck with the rest of them. 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited September 2019
    It really wouldn't be a bad feature if they decreased the number of levels you must complete before getting the key. By the time I reach the key (which I've done only twice since this event was introduced) I have already been playing for 2 hours and am ready to get off! :frown:
  • Clover_7
    Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    I couldn’t agree with you more @selliott911 I kept thinking of all the things I could say about this feature, but after 100 pages of negative comments about MTF nothing has fundamentally changed.

You are right this another feature for new players, at over level 3000 and playing from the very beginning I have no hope of reaching the key, particularly as you always have to complete a hard level to get there. 

I didn’t play at all today, I truly hope this feature isn’t here to stay, if it is I can’t see any way that I can continue personally.

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Between the appearing and disappearing, and changing the time limits and moving the goal, Batula is basically a carnival shell game.  Not a compliment, just to be perfectly understood.
  • Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    The game is now all about generating money.
    The new features are aimed at new players, as Activision can play on their naivety. 
    The game is addictive, new players come along, get hooked and buy boosters. Whereas, us seasoned players can see through the scams and rackets and tend not to buy boosters, some still do, I never have and never will.
    So it is absolutely no use giving feedback, the developers don’t care. They don’t need long term players who spend little or nothing, they want new, gullible players who are easily parted from their money.
    Save your breath.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    I wish to report that I've been playing for nearly 2 hours today and Batula hasn't even dropped me a chest yet. Usually it takes about 20-30 minutes, or the equivalent of two soda levels before the chest pops up on my map. How am I suppose to try and get the key when the treasure chest won't even appear? Is there a 24hr cool-down or something?
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    To be honest, I' m not fan of this feature cause Batula goes three or four levels foward and if you stuck in hard level or if you don' t have lives, then it's over. You have to wait a bit until the next key so to unlock that chest. 
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    It really wouldn't be a bad feature if they decreased the number of levels you must complete before getting the key. By the time I reach the key (which I've done only twice since this event was introduced) I have already been playing for 2 hours and am ready to get off! :frown:
    @BeckyBubblegum thank you for the feedback! This is exactly the level of insights that make it so much easier to bring when discussing this with the studio. I'll make sure this is raised accordingly.

Between the appearing and disappearing, and changing the time limits and moving the goal, Batula is basically a carnival shell game.  Not a compliment, just to be perfectly understood.
    @candysodacrusher , message received! I personally agree that the testing and inconsistency can lead to confusion and lack of attraction to the feature. As with the above, I'll make sure this is mentioned.

Just want to re-emphasise the message that I mentioned in previous features being released. Your feedback very much matters. It's the combination of your feedback and the feature's performance what factors the team's decisions for the game. Our job as managers of the community is to make sure this feedback is sent their way and when I say we are thankful for your feedback, I truly mean it. Conversations happen around your thoughts and ways of seeing the game, just want to make that clear.

Last, I'd like to remind you all that this feature has just came out. I'm sure we will be seeing reiterations and optimizations of the same moving forward.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?