New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Ditte said:
    Bricorn said:
    Well I screwed up big time.  Last tile to tick is finish off a row is complete a hard level.  Intentionally saved a tick to use with the hard level I was on when I played it after getting help from the daily bonus booster.  So, get my bonus booster, manage to complete the level and then realize I forgot to tick the tile to work on it.  Grrrrr.  So not it’s up to one of my teammates try to find a different row to work on. 
    Been there, done that.....
     So have I, but fortunately only on easier tiles such as make 2*cb/wrap. So finally Friday and we could finish the board with new levels. The next board had 2 rows without boosters/new levels. 2 tiles were chosen, but I suspected at least one was a blocker/parker, so I chose the tile common for the 2 rows. Unfortunately the other active player stayed with the first row, where the 3rd player is blocking the easy collect 140 orange. After 3 hours 0 orange. 
    It is this crappy mind game and strategizing that makes you insane playing Toffee.  On a new board I will sometimes choose a tile I won’t complete just to wait to see who picks a tile and whether they actually are working on it, so I can move if need be without wasting a tick.  But then you get the people who start but don’t finish.  Imthink
        I try to pick a tile that can be used both for the row others have chosen tiles in and for another I can switch to, if the others don't do anything and then wait to see, if I should continue their row or start another. I just completed the row started yesterday. All that frustration for the grand prize of a lolly and a one hour stripe :3
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    That's about as good as they ever get. I feel lucky to get anything besides a wrapped candy with a timed booster.
  • TheaPierrot
    TheaPierrot Posts: 25 Level 2
    Bricorn said:
    Does anyone know if Mr. Toffee is on the facebook app?
    Yes.  Can't seem to shake the bugger.
    That's odd because I joined facebook and started playing because I like Mr. Toffee even though it needs improvement but I haven't been offered Mr. Toffee. 
  • TheaPierrot
    TheaPierrot Posts: 25 Level 2
    I could do a hard level to complete a row but someone chose it so is blocking me. 

Just put a timer on blocks. If it isn't done in 4 hours release the block. It would solve a lot of problems.

• aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited September 2019

I am posting here the reply I made to CCS support, after they gave me no answer to my previous request to get rid of the new changes.  It is just more of the same but I thought possibly they would actually read my thoughts if I went directly through support. 

Also I started playing again from level 1 on a different device and can see how they will simply replace all us dedicated old timers by sucking in the new players!  So you start slow with no boosters or special challenges.  You are then introduced to boosts one at a time and are given 3 free ones after each intro.  Then they bring MTF and Mr. (...) which pleases you cuz it's a way to earn extra boosts..... and the tasks are not nearly as difficult.  There are ways of getting around the few must use boosters to complete, so I was able to get around my non participating "teammates" and make the line by myself (over two days cuz of the 2 a day limit) which gives my loser partners a prize.  Now I start winning tickets for the Yeti's prize, which I originally assumed would be a prize as opposed to a purchase opportunity as it is.  So I get the eight tix and the same prize group appears, but guess what?  It is only 99 cents.  I am soooo excited to see all those boosts that for a buck.... (I'm ashamed to admit) I buy them.  Now for 2 hours I am the God of CCS and in a short time I get the offer again for a buck.  Yes, I bought them.  After I get to about level 100 though, the package is back to $9.99.   Now to be honest I know this isn't any accomplishment so it still isn't fun like the challenging game I used to play, but you can see how the next group of suckers will be born to replace all of us pissed off posting die hards.  I can see how the greedy bastards aren't listening to our continuing complaints and logical explanations of why they should return us our game.

Anyway I'm either too stubborn or stupid to admit defeat so here's the letter I sent when support responded to me.  As Buffalo Springfield once said "For What It's Worth".

I am writing once again to let you know how terribly disappointed I am in the changes you are making to the game.  I absolutely hate MTF.  1st I DO NOT want to be put on a team of players.  I have not one time felt that my group was an asset and at least 4 or 5 times have been in a group where 1 player took a square and then did nothing but block us from finishing a line.  I have won 3 times finally after I found a way to finish all 4 of the required tasks by myself!  That is no team, and if it was I would certainly expect better prizes (they are so small that I don’t even know why I participate).  I’m following in the community and cannot understand why you folks aren’t  listening.  The 2nd big point is that I feel very manipulated and would be required to purchase boosts to be able to make progress in the game any longer.  I used to work hard to complete tasks so I could win a few boosts, always coveted and saved until I was on a level I couldn’t possibly complete without them.  1 hour of a boost is meaningless in this case.  CCS was a great challenge of a game which I played faithfully.  I still check in now because I cannot help but believe you will listen to your fan base and give us back the game we all loved… but I do not really play anymore.  I’ve never seen such an outpour of folks that are wasting their time and energy trying to express to you how much we hate your changes.  Your apparent greed to increase boost purchases is shameful.  I did occasionally buy somethings when I was just in an impossible corner, but I will never have any fun playing if frequent purchases are the only way to move ahead.  It isn’t a game any more if I have to pay to win, and it certainly isn’t a fun game.  Please, please, please, won’t you folks listen.  We are amazingly dedicated and just want back the challenging game we had.  This WILL bite you in the (...) and hurt the company’s reputation in the long run.  Openly greedy is just ugly and you are taking the fun out.  That doesn’t even make you a game developer any more.

And if you aren’t going to listen or change the current mess, just man up and say so.  At least you won’t continue to make fools out of the thousands of disgruntled fans I am hearing. Sincerely,    Andrea Wells

(Edited by CM: Offensive)

• aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2

Well here I am again posting about the more than disappointing changes the developers made to CC Soda. I wrote a rash of letters and comments back when the changes were first made and I really believed that so many players were complaining that King would listen and put the game we all loved back in play. Then it became obvious that the changes were all about forcing more booster purchases, called you guys greedy crooks and swore I'd stop playing.  Never found a replacement that was challenging enough (PLEASE LET ME KNOW if any of you out there have found one!!!) so I started playing again from level one.  The inane  Mr Toffee can't be real cuz so many stupid teammates can't exist.  They take a tile and then never play, just block others, or they go to a tile not in line with the others.  And the final prizes suck.  Most prizes now seem to be a boost with a limited time use, so you can only use them to keep playing NOW.  So today I'm playing cuz I wanna win hammers from bubblegum before it ends and then I use up the hammers I have to pass level 5. I  get really frustrated and end up BUYING $ 4 to get 10 goldbars… but at least I get the extra boosts only good for an hour.  Gotta keep playing to make the most of them and now I just recognized another scam to keep us from winning as much as we originally could.  I start a new level with all the boosts but realize they only show up once in the start.  Used to be if you used a boost it would show up more frequently throughout the game.  NO MORE THOUGH, just like no more of the other features you greedy SOBs have taken away from your devoted players.  I realize and admit I am the stupid one who kept on playing and gave you four more of my hard earned dollars.  But I am just a stupid slob who wanted to have fun playing a game, at least I am not a greedy, manipulative, there is never enough profit company that couldn't be satisfied by the phenomenal success King had already achieved.  Shame on you.

• susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Ditte said:
    Bricorn said:
    Well I screwed up big time.  Last tile to tick is finish off a row is complete a hard level.  Intentionally saved a tick to use with the hard level I was on when I played it after getting help from the daily bonus booster.  So, get my bonus booster, manage to complete the level and then realize I forgot to tick the tile to work on it.  Grrrrr.  So not it’s up to one of my teammates try to find a different row to work on. 
    Been there, done that.....
     So have I, but fortunately only on easier tiles such as make 2*cb/wrap. So finally Friday and we could finish the board with new levels. The next board had 2 rows without boosters/new levels. 2 tiles were chosen, but I suspected at least one was a blocker/parker, so I chose the tile common for the 2 rows. Unfortunately the other active player stayed with the first row, where the 3rd player is blocking the easy collect 140 orange. After 3 hours 0 orange. 
    It is this crappy mind game and strategizing that makes you insane playing Toffee.  On a new board I will sometimes choose a tile I won’t complete just to wait to see who picks a tile and whether they actually are working on it, so I can move if need be without wasting a tick.  But then you get the people who start but don’t finish.  Maybe that still gets them a booster when the board is completed,,who knows.
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Oh my... It seems that many players have problem with that feature. Thanks goodness that in my own case, I have good teammates and we work all together so to complete those tasks. I love to choose the easy ones like collecting red or orange candies and let the hardest ones to my teammates which they have boosters and they are many levels further than me.
  • dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Candy Charming is pretty good.
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    edited September 2019
    Oh, seems that my rant appeared twice - apologies. And have no idea how you delete your own posts ;-)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?