No Internet connection

2»

Comments

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    @Stringy, @Kalindi , I've just checked with the Studio and they see no issues affecting the game app and we've tested it ourselves and we have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Worry not as there few things we can try. If you play on Apple device, try this please:

- Disconnect the game from Facebook/King account (if connected).
    - Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.
    - Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari (Super Important).
    - Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/King account so your progress can sync.

If this still doesn't help, reinstall the game app. It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/ Kingdom at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/Kingdom can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

On Android device, try the following:

-Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings'
    -Locate the menu called 'Apps' or 'Application Manager' depending on the device model
    -Scroll down until you find the 'Google Play Store'
    -From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Hope this helps :) 
  • Stringy
    Stringy Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestions. On my Chromebook (Chrome OS) I went for the uninstall and reinstall option as this is a relatively new device with less to lose, and it worked. I'm now back in. On my aged Nexus 7 (older Android device) the clearing the cache and data option had no effect so I'm still offline there. So progress, but I'm still none-the-wiser as to why this happened and so how to avoid it in the future. Thanks.
  • amandae595
    amandae595 Posts: 63 Level 2
    I cannot get an internet connection while playing Candy crush soda. I'm using an Android device. The problem seemed to occur after recent app updates. Anyone have any solutions? Without the internet connection, the game isn't worth playing. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?