New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    edited September 2019
    I have always said this game is utter garbage - and the past week just helps to confirm it. I have been stuck on the same MTF for five days, and nobody else has even gone for a square. I have no boosters, and so picked up two easy squares before going for "pass 2 levels". And here is the joke - a REGULAR level with masses of blockers, no boosters to help, and all played in four 4x4 boxes, so no chance of making any colour bombs etc....and I am STILL stuck on it after 8 days. AND this included a reward (I say "reward", it is actually a punishment to play for another hour) of an hour's unlimited lives, meaning I could reset and try again if not making enough progress early on. A REGULAR level.The ONLY way to succeed is sit and hope a ton of cascades get triggered - in the 4x4 squares where you have hardly any choice of moves as the playing field is so restricted. And King call this fun? You honestly call this entertainment? Sitting, waiting for the game to simply let you pass? It is skill-less, monotonous, tedious garbage. 

As I said earlier, King needs to allocate resources to those parts of the game that actually matter - ie. finding a developer or two who know what they're doing, who have a bit of imagination, who can make it fun and a pleasure to play, instead of a totally mindless drudge, a mind-numbingly boring chore. Seriously, it is more fun sitting in the garden watching the grass grow.

It is all down to basics. People play for entertainment, not for frustration, stress and utter boredom. It doesn't matter what crappy sideshows you introduce to a game, if the underlying theme of the game is sheer unadulterated tedium. 

One thing is for sure - it doesn't matter how hard you try, you cannot polish a turd.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    I've had a series of bad "teams", currently there's one row that should be easy, but a blocker picked "use a hand" and is sitting there.  Why would you pick that when the other 3 tiles are done (one by him admittedly) and just sit there?
  • nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    aniwells said:

Well here I am again posting about the more than disappointing changes the developers made to CC Soda. I wrote a rash of letters and comments back when the changes were first made and I really believed that so many players were complaining that King would listen and put the game we all loved back in play. Then it became obvious that the changes were all about forcing more booster purchases, called you guys greedy crooks and swore I'd stop playing.  Never found a replacement that was challenging enough (PLEASE LET ME KNOW if any of you out there have found one!!!) so I started playing again from level one.  The inane  Mr Toffee can't be real cuz so many stupid teammates can't exist.  They take a tile and then never play, just block others, or they go to a tile not in line with the others.  And the final prizes suck.  Most prizes now seem to be a boost with a limited time use, so you can only use them to keep playing NOW.  So today I'm playing cuz I wanna win hammers from bubblegum before it ends and then I use up the hammers I have to pass level 5. I  get really frustrated and end up BUYING $ 4 to get 10 goldbars… but at least I get the extra boosts only good for an hour.  Gotta keep playing to make the most of them and now I just recognized another scam to keep us from winning as much as we originally could.  I start a new level with all the boosts but realize they only show up once in the start.  Used to be if you used a boost it would show up more frequently throughout the game.  NO MORE THOUGH, just like no more of the other features you greedy SOBs have taken away from your devoted players.  I realize and admit I am the stupid one who kept on playing and gave you four more of my hard earned dollars.  But I am just a stupid slob who wanted to have fun playing a game, at least I am not a greedy, manipulative, there is never enough profit company that couldn't be satisfied by the phenomenal success King had already achieved.  Shame on you.

• nothappyjan
    aniwells. I'm playing Clockmaker. I don't like it as much as CCS, but at least it awards bonuses for winning, and collecting things. At the moment I have lives for ever, and lots of bonuses I can use.  And I wonder how long this post will last before it gets taken down?
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    After all the complaining I’ve done about Mr. Toffee, it is only fair that I say something positive.  It seems as if it is finally starting to work the way it was supposed to.  The last two weeks I have been able to complete a board either with another player or by myself either every day or every other day.  I think some of the changes have really helped, like being able to see if a player is making progress.  It seems like the tasks on the boards are more fair—fewer tiles asking one to use a booster.  I still miss the Quests, but thanks mostly to Mr. Toffee I have accumulated quite a cache of wrapped candies.  And I have finally found a good use for them by using them on the tiles that require you to match them with another candy.  😉
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    After all the complaining I’ve done about Mr. Toffee, it is only fair that I say something positive.  It seems as if it is finally starting to work the way it was supposed to.  The last two weeks I have been able to complete a board either with another player or by myself either every day or every other day.  I think some of the changes have really helped, like being able to see if a player is making progress.  It seems like the tasks on the boards are more fair—fewer tiles asking one to use a booster.  I still miss the Quests, but thanks mostly to Mr. Toffee I have accumulated quite a cache of wrapped candies.  And I have finally found a good use for them by using them on the tiles that require you to match them with another candy.  😉
       No improvements here. Still lots of tiles with hands or striped lollies. I just started a new board. No rows without new levels or use of boosters. I picked the row with a lolly, but so did another player, so if thats a blocker/parker, I'm in trouble. Yesterday I finished a board by myself. I had to wait days to finish it, because I had to wait for new levels. 
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Ditte said:
       No improvements here. Still lots of tiles with hands or striped lollies. I just started a new board. No rows without new levels or use of boosters. I picked the row with a lolly, but so did another player, so if thats a blocker/parker, I'm in trouble. Yesterday I finished a board by myself. I had to wait days to finish it, because I had to wait for new levels. 
       I ended up giving up on the other player, but just as I had ticked a tile in another row, the other player made one of the two wrap/fish. Typical! Well at least I'll be able to finish the board before Friday, if he/she makes the other wrap/fish. 
  • dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Candy Charming is a good replacement. Pretty challenging and lots of boosters. Posted this at 2:00 PM. We'll see how long it stays up.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Ditte said:
    Ditte said:
       I ended up giving up on the other player, but just as I had ticked a tile in another row, the other player made one of the two wrap/fish. Typical! Well at least I'll be able to finish the board before Friday, if he/she makes the other wrap/fish. 
    I will probably come off a bit jaded here as someone who still has the quests...but again, remind me as to why you all still willingly engage in the Farce if it brings nothing but annoyance?  All you’re doing is adding “positive” data to this joke of a feature...
  • nothappyjan
    dalec said:
    Candy Charming is a good replacement. Pretty challenging and lots of boosters. Posted this at 2:00 PM. We'll see how long it stays up.
    What is Candy Charming? I'm a bit loathe to start playing another King game. Especially since I had to delete Jelly Crush.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?