New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    The past few days after I have logged in for the first time the soda squad hasnt shown up right away on my home screen. When it does a few minutes later, I am not getting credit for that day. Not that this would make a big difference in the overall score, but it should still give me the daily credit and be on my screen when I first log in.
    I do have to refresh to get it some days, always get the daily credit then.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Ok, weird. My soda squad is back also after several weeks of being gone,  but nothing about gold bars for individual points. My new team is actually participating this time but the rewards still stink, all timed boosters,  ugh...I wish there was even just one non-timed booster for each reward. For me, no improvements except better teammates. 
    Same here, it was great not having the SubPar Squad for about a month but last week it came back for me too unfortunately.  I have no desire to be burdened by this stupid feature that only serves to waste time after every level I complete.  In vanilla CCS we are given the option to opt out of this, why can’t we do the same in this game?? @Xarly if one King game can provide this feature why can’t all of them?
  • Kathyrnn
    Kathyrnn Posts: 41 Level 2
    Dirty Nurse, I know you comment fairly regularly.  Are ads still running for you (the ones that gives us freebies)?  If they are what platform do you play on.  When I updated a couple weeks ago, mine were gone.  I don’t think it’s my phone because I’m still seeing ads in original CC.  Without any chance of the boosts from ads, I’ll have to think about throwing in the towel on this game.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Kathyrnn said:
    Dirty Nurse, I know you comment fairly regularly.  Are ads still running for you (the ones that gives us freebies)?  If they are what platform do you play on.  When I updated a couple weeks ago, mine were gone.  I don’t think it’s my phone because I’m still seeing ads in original CC.  Without any chance of the boosts from ads, I’ll have to think about throwing in the towel on this game.
    As of last Friday yes, I still had them.  I find that I can use them 5 times to continue levels for free before the option is gone and you’re forced to spend 10 gold bars to keep going.  The option to watch an ad for a booster is also available before the levels but I only rarely ever use that as the soda bottle streak feature combined with the timed boosters from the daily login and chests gives enough.

I always am hesitant to update as I fear each one will remove the quests and leave me burdened by the Farce but so far so good.  If you’re stuck with the Farce, SubPar Squad, and no option to watch ads I wouldn’t blame you for leaving, there are a slew of these types of games out there, you’ll find a better one.
  • Kathyrnn
    Thanks Dirty Nurse.  I have no ads at all.  And the Soda Squad.  May it’s time I let the advertisers know that the ads their paying for aren’t being shown to all players.  Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Kathyrnn said:
    Thanks Dirty Nurse.  I have no ads at all.  And the Soda Squad.  May it’s time I let the advertisers know that the ads their paying for aren’t being shown to all players.  Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.
      I'm pretty sure the advertisers are paying when people watch an add, not paying for it to be shown to all players. 
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    The only King game I can watch ads on is Friends. It provides extra lives. I have played Soda for several years and never been offered the option to watch an ad for lives or boosters. When Squad came back I was hoping it was improved, but it doesn't seem so. Still has very hard to obtain goals and rewards that are a joke. I do wish it could be turned off if I don't want to participate.
  • Kathyrnn
    Ditte said:
    Kathyrnn said:
      I'm pretty sure the advertisers are paying when people watch an add, not paying for it to be shown to all players. 

• Kathyrnn
    Thank you Ditte, for taking time to answer.  One of the moderators took the time to answer my complaint, which was very nice of her.  She said the team was aware of the problem, had no time frame for when it would be fixed, and thanked us for our “patience”.  Her answer had a link to a thread discussing the problem.  People have been complaining about problems with ads not working since 5/29/19. (So it’s not that all players aren’t seeing the ads, rather there is a programming glitch that is causing the ads to not run properly.). It’s been 3 1/2 months since people started notifying them about this problem.  No matter how advertisers pay for ads, I think they wouldn’t be pleased that they haven’t been working correctly for that long, and the problem hadn’t been fixed.
  • Please help. I just got Soda Squad today but when I click play now, nothing happens. I had the race game also but it never worked. When I connect to Facebook it does not appear to connect. I cannot give or receive lives. It has been like this for probably a year. I got a new phone about 6 months ago and that did not help. The app is totally up to date. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?