Problem connecting to servers

pmainwaring
pmainwaring Posts: 16 Level 2
I've had a problem for a few months now where I can't see the leaderboards. I've tried connecting to Facebook and my email address that I registered with but without any success. I also can't create a new login using one of my other email addresses. In each case it says "There was a connection problem. Please try again in a bit" but that's been happening since the problem started. I now have a new phone and used Samsung Smartswitch to transfer everything across to my new phone. All of my other games have retained the level that I was on except Candy Crush Soda Saga. That has gone back to the very beginning. Very annoying!!
I have the same problem (which started at the same time) on my Samsung tablet with AlphaBetty Saga where I can't connect to Facebook or my email login, can't see leaderboards and can't spend the gold bars that I have.
Where is my progress held on Android? It must be on the phone somewhere because if I play Candy Crush on that phone I am on level 2011 but as I said, the new phone starts from scratch.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,637 Sweet Legend
    edited October 2019
    Hi @pmainwaring, as long as you play through Facebook or through King your progress is saved on their servers. There was a Facebook issue where the Facebook token might have expired.  A lot of players were able to open the game but it took them back to level 1.  Try this to see if it works for you.  Open your Facebook settings and click on the Apps and website.  Then when that opens click on the "Expired" tab to see if the game is there.  If it is then click on the app to edit and when it opens allow access again.  Let's see if that works for you.

If it doesn't,. I am going to ask you get your user ID # by following the steps here: 

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/247069/what-is-my-user-id-and-where-can-i-find-it#latest

Once you have the number, please complete the contact form from this link:  https://soporto.king.com/contact

They can manually go into your new account and get you back to where you were.  It might take a couple of days before you get a response so please be patient.  You should get an email with a ticket number on it.  Please make sure to use this topic and subtopic when completing the form.

• pmainwaring
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for your reply. I have completed and submitted the form with this information on so hopefully we'll get a resolution at some point.
  • _Elsa_
    Thanks for letting me know @pmainwaring.  I am going to ask you to please edit your message to take your # out.  Also please let me know when you get this resolved.
  • pmainwaring
    I have removed my User ID. Thanks again.
  • pmainwaring
    This is still not resolved. I always get the message "there was a connection error. Pease try again in a bit"
  • _Elsa_
    Did you get an email with a ticket number on it?
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,657 Community Manager
    Hi guys!

Let me see if I can help you out here 🤔

@pmainwaring, can you try clearing the Google Play Store cache from the device you're having issue on and see if that helps?

First, delete the game app and then reset the Settings in the Google Play Store app:

-Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings'
    -Locate the menu called 'Apps' or 'Application Manager' depending on the device model
    -Scroll down until you find the 'Google Play Store'
    -From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

Restart the device and download the game again. Then open the game and reconnect it to your Facebook or King account to get back your played levels and Gold Bars.

Let me know how it goes :) 
  • pmainwaring
    Hi Elsa, thanks for your reply. Yes I did receive an email and the ticket no. is 8657646
  • pmainwaring
    Hi QueenB,

Thanks for your reply. The problem I have is that I am on level 1203 on the mobile phone that has this problem and I don't normally connect to Facebook or use my registered email when I play. Trying to do either now gives me the error I described. I also tried registering with a different email address (gmail) but that also gives the same error message. If I remove the game on my old phone now then I will never be able to get back to level 1203. What I was hoping to do is to be able to connect to either FB or my registered email so that I can then carry on playing at level 1203 on my new phone.

I have connected to Facebook on my new mobile phone but then I am on level 853 (which presumably is from the last time I connected to Facebook through the game).

I assume that the game datafile which contains the current level is held somewhere on the phone. Is there no way of copying a file from one phone to the other to preserve this? I have removed the micro SD card from my old phone and it still shows level 1203 so that bit of data must be on my phone somewhere.

Thanks.
  • _Elsa_
    It looks like @QueenB is helping you so I'll back away and let her do your thing.  Thanks for posting the ticket number because she can now follow up with that number.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?