New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Here’s a suggestion for dealing with the parkers and blockers.  It’s not perfect, and honestly, I’d probably find it a bit annoying, but maybe “annoying” is what’s needed.  The game gives us lots of hints and reminders—“x players used extra moves” or “do you want to save your streak” etc.  

What if Mr. Toffee gave a reminder to players—something along the lines of “you’ve selected a tile, do you want to keep working on it?”  Or “it seems you are having difficulty with this task.  Why don’t you let a team member finish it?”  I’m envisioning the message to show up when a player runs out of lives, so that the player would uncheck the tile before exiting the game, or if a player fails to make any progress on a tile after a certain amount of time.  

Thoughts?
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      candysodacrusher said:
    Here’s a suggestion for dealing with the parkers and blockers.  It’s not perfect, and honestly, I’d probably find it a bit annoying, but maybe “annoying” is what’s needed.  The game gives us lots of hints and reminders—“x players used extra moves” or “do you want to save your streak” etc.  

What if Mr. Toffee gave a reminder to players—something along the lines of “you’ve selected a tile, do you want to keep working on it?”  Or “it seems you are having difficulty with this task.  Why don’t you let a team member finish it?”  I’m envisioning the message to show up when a player runs out of lives, so that the player would uncheck the tile before exiting the game, or if a player fails to make any progress on a tile after a certain amount of time.  

Thoughts?
      I don't think it would help much. It seems like a lot of people pick a tile and then just stop playing. So reminders won't reach them. If they were playing tasks like make 3 colourbombs or match 2 stripes twice would be completed pretty quickly even if they weren't trying. 
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    On board 3560 anyone know what the end board is right now?
    3730 as of Friday’s release.

Thank you so every Friday they put out 15 boards?  On 3638 now getting there.

And the fair still sucks compared to daily missions but King knows that.
    Of course it does, I can’t believe you guys are still burdened by it after all of the strictly negative feedback about it.

Bricorn said:
    Bricorn said:
    Dirty_Nurse said:
    Ditte said:
      Am I the only one who often experience that between the time I check all the tiles to see, which row to pick and to actually picking a tile the board changes? It's pretty annoying. Today when I checked 2 row were without new levels. Then I picked the tile common to those two rows immideately after checking the tiles only to find that the board had completely changed. Now only one row without new levels and the top corner tile of that picked by another player. The third player has now also picked a tile in that row. I'm suspecting one or both are parkers/blockers. Yesterday I had to start a new row because the one I had ticked 2 tiles in had become blocked. 
    Am I the only one to not be burdened by this Farce?  I can’t believe people still willingly participate in this joke of a “feature”.  I love how @Xarly no longer bothers to respond to all the negative comments here on this and the SubPar squad threads.  Seems like you guys that have this awful replacement for the quests are stuck with it for good even after over 100 pages! of strictly negative responses to it.

Why do you people still engage in this if it brings nothing but frustration?

I engage because, with its many faults, it is still a way to get some goodies.
    As someone that still has the daily quests I may be a bit jaded but, why keep doling out “positive” data to King about the awful Farce by partaking in it at all?  Do you really enjoy 30 minutes of wrapped candy?
    I don't have the quests, so I take what I can get.

I WOULD like to be able to contact other "team members", but that might be an issue as my messages would be on the order of "what the F*** are you blocking an easy line for, you F****** T***".   =)
    Haha yeah I bet everyone’s messages would be similar.  What a pointless and frustrating addition to a single-player game, having to rely on other people that you have no communication with or control over choosing.

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Check out the first few episodes—the levels have all been redesigned again.  At least the first 40 levels are completely new.
  • Ditte
    On board 3560 anyone know what the end board is right now?
    3730 as of Friday’s release.

Thank you so every Friday they put out 15 boards?  On 3638 now getting there.

Sometimes 2*15 levels. So today it's 3760

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    People definitely need to wait until they are ready to play before selecting a task. And even so, if no progress is made before you quit playing, it should be deselected. Especially if you know it might be awhile before you can play again or a line is close to filling that someone else could finish. There should be a 24 hour time limit to complete easier tasks and 48 hours for more difficult ones.
  • Ditte
    People definitely need to wait until they are ready to play before selecting a task. And even so, if no progress is made before you quit playing, it should be deselected. Especially if you know it might be awhile before you can play again or a line is close to filling that someone else could finish. There should be a 24 hour time limit to complete easier tasks and 48 hours for more difficult ones.
        I have one who has been sitting on 120 yellows  for hours. That person can't have been playing at all since choosing that tile. Aren't there yellows in all levels? 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Ditte said:
        I have one who has been sitting on 120 yellows  for hours. That person can't have been playing at all since choosing that tile. Aren't there yellows in all levels? 
    There are with very few exceptions; some levels for some unknown reasons feature very specific color combinations other than the standard G/B/O/Y.  Mainly ones featuring the purple candies in my experience.

Am I the only one wondering why @Xarly hasn’t responded to this thread in months?  
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    edited October 2019
    Ditte said:
    I've got a line done all but "match a striped and wrapped candy 2 times".  Got one, then nothing for 2 days, it's the only easy line there - the others need me to get through my level and I'm stuck on a Super Hard with no boosters.
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    Bricorn, go back and re-do a level. You don't have to use your current level. I do this all the time!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?