No longer getting any boosters, play on or videos

tracem01
tracem01 Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi. A few weeks ago, I completely stopped earning boosters, no longer get videos to earn a booster or get any play on videos. I play this game with friends and they all are still getting all of the above, I am not getting a thing. What’s going on??

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,658 Community Manager
    Welcome to our Community @tracem01 :)

Special events and extra features are available only during specific time frames and only for randomly chosen groups of players and devices from time to time.

If you do not see this special event in your game at the moment then rest assured it'll be coming your way soon in the future!

We'd like to reassure you that sometimes you'll have features that other players do not, so we try to make sure you won't miss out on the fun.

I'd love to be able to manually add this feature to your game, but I'm afraid here, we have no control over how these groups are selected or chosen.

I understand this might not be appreciated by all our players, but our Game Studios are constantly testing new features and concepts and we believe that this is the best way for us to improve our games, challenges and gaming elements in the future.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,679 Sweet Legend
    Hi @tracem01, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to enter them for a chance to win gold bars.
  • Vlsigna
    Vlsigna Posts: 1 Newbie
    The same is happening to me, oddly it happened right after I accidentally purchase lives and boosts for $1.99. I'm not certain its random as I had the videos and boosts for years. Why did y'all remove them? Is this a ploy to try and force members to spend money? Don't your advertisers pay you each time we click on an add?
  • tracem01
    tracem01 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Me too! Accidentally purchased something first time ever. And boom, no boosters or anything ever since 
  • paulablox
    paulablox Posts: 1 Newbie
    Same here... but other friends of mine can watch videos and get boosters. Can it be fixed?
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,658 Community Manager

Special events and extra features are available only during specific time frames and only for randomly chosen groups of players and devices from time to time.

If you do not see this special event in your game at the moment then rest assured it'll be coming your way soon in the future!

We'd like to reassure you that sometimes you'll have features that other players do not, so we try to make sure you won't miss out on the fun.

I'd love to be able to manually add this feature to your game, but I'm afraid here, we have no control over how these groups are selected or chosen.

I understand this might not be appreciated by all our players, but our Game Studios are constantly testing new features and concepts and we believe that this is the best way for us to improve our games, challenges and gaming elements in the future.

• mnbvc
    mnbvc Posts: 7 Level 2

My Theory? Moral of the story: If you want NOT to have to buy stuff and keep playing using lives and boosters you've EARNED by watching a video... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING or you will lose the offers to earn boosters and lives by watching advertisements.

• mnbvc

I also no longer get offers to watch videos for either a new life or a booster.  The only thing that has changed is that I broke down and purchased some hammers to get past a level I was stuck on. I do not believe this is random. I believe that I've been placed in an algorithm for "players who buy stuff" -- and therefore am considered not to need any incentives to keep playing. 

• mnbvc

As you can see by the other posts, this is probably not random. I believe that if you buy something, the system is programmed to stop sending you offers to EARN lives and boosters by watching videos.

• mnbvc

I don't think this is random. Buy something and you get no more video offers. The thinking seems to be that now that you've broken down and purchased one thing, you are more likely to purchase stuff in the future when you get stuck. This theory is bolstered by the fact that whenyou earn gold bars, you have to pay to open the piggy bank. You get bombarded with urgings to pay to open k. But ignore those prompts and they eventually go away because you've been categorized as a player who ain't gonna buy gold bars.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?