New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Xarly said

I followed up with the team and this is the intended behaviour. The fact that Bubblegum Hill levels were being counted for Mr. Toffee's Fair was not intended by the team and with the recent change the behaviour is what they wanted it to be. They believe Mr. Toffee's fair is meant to be played only with the levels of the map and not with other events.

I find it very ironic that after 10 months of MTF, combined with the extensive data mining that was done in the early stages (which I assume continues to this day), and the hundreds of mostly negative posts, that either 1. The studio just discovered this anomaly or 2.  Decided it was time to fix it.  
    Unfortunately, the players this affects the most are the ones who are most dedicated to the game and, from my point of view, doesn’t do anything to improve the game for newer players either.
  • Emskware
    Emskware Posts: 14 Level 2
    You need to give us the option to get out of a current board and start a new one. Players keep choosing a square in my line and then don't play the game at all. And there's no way to contact them. I'm stuck on one board now for 3 days because this person blocks my winning libe. Help!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Emskware said:
    You need to give us the option to get out of a current board and start a new one. Players keep choosing a square in my line and then don't play the game at all. And there's no way to contact them. I'm stuck on one board now for 3 days because this person blocks my winning libe. Help!
    Don’t hold your breath for any type of fix for this issue, everyone has been complaining about this Farce since its inception 9 months ago and despite many promises that it would be made better very little has changed.  There’s a long-standing dedicated thread with almost 110 pages of complaints dating back to February which you should read through if you’re interested which will show you how little King cares about the players of their games.  Just scroll down a bit on the main page and you’ll find it.
  • candysodacrusher
    Got a new MTF board.  One of the teammates picked a tile before I was done checking out all the options.  It was in a good row so I picked a tile in the same row.  Completed it. Back to the board.  Partner is actually working on the tile.  Yes!  Pick second tile in same row.  Completed it.  Back to board.  Partner has completed her first tile.  Yes!  

And then, instead of picking the remaining tile which is to collect cyan candies, she picks a tile in an adjacent row.  Whaaaaaat!?!?
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Got a new MTF board.  One of the teammates picked a tile before I was done checking out all the options.  It was in a good row so I picked a tile in the same row.  Completed it. Back to the board.  Partner is actually working on the tile.  Yes!  Pick second tile in same row.  Completed it.  Back to board.  Partner has completed her first tile.  Yes!  

And then, instead of picking the remaining tile which is to collect cyan candies, she picks a tile in an adjacent row.  Whaaaaaat!?!?
        Yes people are idiots. On the newest board I ticked my 2 tiles in the only row without new levels. Left 120 green and 2*2 wraps. Now another player has ticked 2 tiles in the opposite side of the board. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,804 Soda Moderator
    I noticed the same. I no longer rely on my fellow players and do my own thing. If I’m lucky someone picks the same row. If not, I can complete the row the next day.
  • Emskware
    Emskware Posts: 14 Level 2
    Thanks. I had looked to see if there were any other complaints...but it must be lost among all the other hundreds of complaints!  Glad I'm not alone
    😀
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    You’re quite welcome, the thread you’re looking for starts with the words New Feature and should be right at the top of the CCSS forum as complaints are still rolling in about how awful it is.

(Edited by CM: Merged the above with the main thread)
  • candysodacrusher
    I tried a little experiment today.  It seems that you can still pick a tile on MTF once you have run out of lives.  I suspect that some people are saving their spot, so to speak, by selecting a tile even though they can’t play it.  Might be nice if choosing a tile when you don’t have lives to work at it wasn’t possible.  Just sayin’.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    I think the only time you cant pick a tile is if you have already done 2 on that board in one day or are in the process of working another tile. In that case, you have to give up any work done with previous tile.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?