Changed password still can’t log in

Yosca
Yosca Posts: 14,884 Soda Moderator
edited December 2019 in Support
I couldn’t remember my password on King account so I requested for a new. I got the mail, to change the password. I changed it but I still can’t log in. Playing on ipad via King account. I keep on seeing the same message: there was a connection error  try again later. 
Help please!

Best Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    @Yosca, can you try the following on your iPad:

- Disconnect the game from Facebook/King account (if connected).
    - Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.
    - Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari (Super Important).
    - Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/King account so your progress can sync.

Hope this helps :) 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    I'm not asking to delete the game app, you just need to clear Safari cache. Try that and then try logging in to your King account. 

This is to see if it will recognize your new password. If not, try requesting a new one again. 

• Yosca
    Answer ✓
    @QueenB Thank you! Finally it worked! I cleared the cache earlier and after your comment also in bookmarks. Again requested for changing the password, followed the link and noticed when I used another browser a pop-up came the password changed. Had seen this before but that didn’t work, and now it did. Well, happy after all!

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,369 Candy Moderator
    Hello @Yosca Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving 🤗

I am wondering may be the internet connection is weak!!  Recently, I went out of the country and had the same issue when I was trying to log into my games!!  I did have internet connection but not enough to log-into my games!!  May be that is the issue for you too!! 

If you have mobile data connection, will it be possible to connect with that?  I can do this on my phone, but not on iPad!!  How about you?  Just thinking of all the options =) 

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
  • Yosca
    Hi @PummyRaj Thank you for responding. There is no problem with the internet connection on ipad. I think I have this problem because I changed the password. Like the new password is not recognized and I don’t remember the old one. So what can I do?
  • PummyRaj
    edited December 2019
    Got it @Yosca :+1: 

OK, how about you try to log into your account on a desktop or a laptop and see if the new password works or not? 

If you can log into your account on the PC with the new password, then may be the old password is still in your iPad's memory.  If that is the case, you can clear all the history from --> Settings -- Safari -- Clear cookies cache!  Now, you should be able to log in to the game with new PW

Would you like to check that?
  • Yosca
    @PummyRaj I can’t log in my account via laptop, because I have the game app so I can’t check this. I’ve used the email of changing the password on the laptop, changed it, saw the message you’ve changed the password. I cleared the cache on ipad, go in the game, see I’m not logged in. So tapped on the wheel, tap on log in with King account, filled in the changed password and again the same message: “problem with connection try later”  There is no disturbing of internet. Don’t know what to do anymore.

• PummyRaj
    Oh!  I had such issue with Facebook but never with Kingdom account @Yosca :o:o:o 
    With that issue, all I could do was reinstall the App, which did help and solved the issue!  

Do you have lot of boosters and Lollipops saved up in your game?  If you do not have many of them, you can try to delete the App and reinstall it!! 

But let me tag @QueenB to give her a heads-up!  She would definitely have better ideas how to solve this issue!!

Very Sorry for not being a big help!!    
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    @Yosca, can you try the following on your iPad:

- Disconnect the game from Facebook/King account (if connected).
    - Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.
    - Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari (Super Important).
    - Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/King account so your progress can sync.

Hope this helps :) 
  • Yosca
    edited December 2019
    @PummyRaj @QueenB Yes I stored some. But if I delete the app and reinstall. How can I log in to my King account then. I don’t know my old password and the new one isn’t recognized. Won’t I lose all my progress? I don’t use facebook 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    I'm not asking to delete the game app, you just need to clear Safari cache. Try that and then try logging in to your King account. 

This is to see if it will recognize your new password. If not, try requesting a new one again. 

• Yosca
    Answer ✓
    @QueenB Thank you! Finally it worked! I cleared the cache earlier and after your comment also in bookmarks. Again requested for changing the password, followed the link and noticed when I used another browser a pop-up came the password changed. Had seen this before but that didn’t work, and now it did. Well, happy after all!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?