New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I think the only time you cant pick a tile is if you have already done 2 on that board in one day or are in the process of working another tile. In that case, you have to give up any work done with previous tile.
    I agree.  What made me do that little experiment is that I did two tiles in a row.  When I was done with both a player had selected the third tile in the same row which was to collect a certain number of colored candies.  Then, no progress for 24 hours.  Then he completed that tile, selected the fourth tile and again no progress.  That makes me think that he’s selected the tiles with no lives left in order to save his spot for later.  I decided to wait this one out to see what happens.  The third person hasn’t done anything and I’m not wanting to start another row, just to have my progress obstructed again.  
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    I think the only time you cant pick a tile is if you have already done 2 on that board in one day or are in the process of working another tile. In that case, you have to give up any work done with previous tile.
    I agree.  What made me do that little experiment is that I did two tiles in a row.  When I was done with both a player had selected the third tile in the same row which was to collect a certain number of colored candies.  Then, no progress for 24 hours.  Then he completed that tile, selected the fourth tile and again no progress.  That makes me think that he’s selected the tiles with no lives left in order to save his spot for later.  I decided to wait this one out to see what happens.  The third person hasn’t done anything and I’m not wanting to start another row, just to have my progress obstructed again.  
    I think some may also block a line on an easy tile so that they can complete it and get the reward when they know they'll have time to USE the reward.  Timed rewards don't help if you can't keep playing.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Bricorn said:
    I think some may also block a line on an easy tile so that they can complete it and get the reward when they know they'll have time to USE the reward.  Timed rewards don't help if you can't keep playing.
    Good point.  And, irritating as it may be to teammates, not a bad strategy.
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Bricorn said:
    Good point.  And, irritating as it may be to teammates, not a bad strategy.
        I don't see the point in doing that. The timed rewards aren't worth much anyway, and you don't get them until you open the app and claim them, so if someone else finishes a row nothing is lost as long as you've completed at least one tile. Just don't open the app, until you have time to play. 
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      And I have a such a teammate right now. Yesterday he picked the first tile , collect orange and I had no choice but to continue in that row, as it is the only one without new levels. Took hours before he started playing/ticked the tile and then he picked the 4th tile 2*2 wraps which he's still sitting on. The 3rd player worked in another row, but has left a frosting level, which I can't do until tomorrow. 
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    MTF, Soda Squad, Move Rush and now some crappy weekly challenge where you must beat more levels than other players...

All futile attempts to make players think the game is fresh and innovative, full of groundbreaking ideas...

...when in fact every level from 1 to 3,000 is still a dull, tedious and completely skill-less drudge, with players merely waiting for the program to let them win. 

And please explain this: I logged in to play and the leader of this sensationally exciting weekly challenge has cleared 13 levels. I am on zero. I beat the level I am on, and it updates the sensationally exciting weekly challenge by putting me on 1 complete, but the leader has jumped to 14. All fair enough. I beat the next - it updates me to 2 levels won, leader still on 14. I even beat the next and here's the scam...Here's the dishonesty, the deceit, the whole game revealed for what it is - I am updated to 3 levels complete. And the leader miraculously jumps to 18 levels complete. 

Now either he/she was extremely quick and managed to clear 4 levels in the time it took me to complete one (which I did first time, in about 3-4 minutes), OR the game is a complete crock of cheating and fraudulent garbage.

I think I will plump for the latter.

• nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    MTF, Soda Squad, Move Rush and now some crappy weekly challenge where you must beat more levels than other players...

All futile attempts to make players think the game is fresh and innovative, full of groundbreaking ideas...

...when in fact every level from 1 to 3,000 is still a dull, tedious and completely skill-less drudge, with players merely waiting for the program to let them win. 

And please explain this: I logged in to play and the leader of this sensationally exciting weekly challenge has cleared 13 levels. I am on zero. I beat the level I am on, and it updates the sensationally exciting weekly challenge by putting me on 1 complete, but the leader has jumped to 14. All fair enough. I beat the next - it updates me to 2 levels won, leader still on 14. I even beat the next and here's the scam...Here's the dishonesty, the deceit, the whole game revealed for what it is - I am updated to 3 levels complete. And the leader miraculously jumps to 18 levels complete. 

Now either he/she was extremely quick and managed to clear 4 levels in the time it took me to complete one (which I did first time, in about 3-4 minutes), OR the game is a complete crock of cheating and fraudulent garbage.

Well Candy Crush Soda challenge has now reached a new low. Looks like nobody can even be bothered complaining about the challenges anymore.  Well I am. Now the reward for completing the row appears to be an hour of play and a stupid wrapped candy or some such. Has anyone else noticed this? Shame on you King.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    I'm still annoyed at the spurious "a team member has ticked a line" notifications.  I've even got them when I KNOW a line has been completed but I haven't claimed the prize yet. 

I'm wondering if they relate to the other team with the 14 days to do 800 points. 
  • nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    nothappyjan said: Sadly I am right. Having completed many rows (mainly on my own) lately, the truth is the prizes now are an hour of lives and a wrapped or similar candy. WTF? What is the point of that measly prize King? Do you you really want us to keep playing? I don't think so.

Well Candy Crush Soda challenge has now reached a new low. Looks like nobody can even be bothered complaining about the challenges anymore.  Well I am. Now the reward for completing the row appears to be an hour of play and a stupid wrapped candy or some such. Has anyone else noticed this? Shame on you King.

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    nothappyjan said: Sadly I am right. Having completed many rows (mainly on my own) lately, the truth is the prizes now are an hour of lives and a wrapped or similar candy. WTF? What is the point of that measly prize King? Do you you really want us to keep playing? I don't think so.

I can’t believe you guys are still partaking in this awful Farce.  Perhaps if you all stop engaging with the thing it will be removed in favor of superior non-“team” events.  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?