Keeps crashing

Jen_Bradley
Jen_Bradley Posts: 2 Newbie
The game keeps closing on my iphone and I’m losing my bonuses. I have plenty of memory and I think I’m the most update version. Help!

Best Answer

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jen_Bradley and welcome to our friendly community.  I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  I know how frustrating it must be.  You said you thought you had the latest update and that you have plenty of memory.
    Can you just go ahead and double check the app. store to ensure you have the latest version?  A week ago they put out the most recent version 1.153.5

Next I want you to clear your cache and then turn off your iPhone for at least 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and reopen the app and see if that helps.  If it doesn't - then you may need to de-install and re-install the app.  However - if you do this you will lose all your lives and any saved boosters you may have!  This should only be done as a last resort.  Any purchased gold bars and boosters should remain (or if not they can be restored), but any that you have won or 'earned' will disappear since they are stored locally on your device and when you de-install a game - it wipes that 'local' memory clean. 
    (I would take a screen shot of what you have - just in case).

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jen_Bradley and welcome to our friendly community.  I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  I know how frustrating it must be.  You said you thought you had the latest update and that you have plenty of memory.
    Can you just go ahead and double check the app. store to ensure you have the latest version?  A week ago they put out the most recent version 1.153.5

Next I want you to clear your cache and then turn off your iPhone for at least 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and reopen the app and see if that helps.  If it doesn't - then you may need to de-install and re-install the app.  However - if you do this you will lose all your lives and any saved boosters you may have!  This should only be done as a last resort.  Any purchased gold bars and boosters should remain (or if not they can be restored), but any that you have won or 'earned' will disappear since they are stored locally on your device and when you de-install a game - it wipes that 'local' memory clean. 
    (I would take a screen shot of what you have - just in case).

• csocop1
    csocop1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    (Edited by CM: Off-Topic)
  • NanaMer
    NanaMer Posts: 28 Level 2
    Hi,
    I have been losing all 5 lives in a row for weeks. Today there was an update and I thought that the problem might have been fixed, I started the game and lost the 5 lives in a row with all  the accumulated bottles, one after another.

I have a new iPhone with plenty of memory, I play Candy Crush saga every day and have never had a problem, not once. This  problem is not on my side, I will appreciate any solution you can give as long as it does not include uninstalling the app and installing again. If that is the only solution to a problem that so many people have (not just me), I will do the first but not the second.

Thanks.
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Hi @NanaMer and welcome to our Community 😉

So let me get this right... when you open the game app, you automatically have 0 lives? If yes, which game app version do you have installed and which Apple device do you have? 
  • NanaMer
    NanaMer Posts: 28 Level 2
    QueenB said:
    Hi @NanaMer and welcome to our Community 😉

So let me get this right... when you open the game app, you automatically have 0 lives? If yes, which game app version do you have installed and which Apple device do you have? 

Thank you for the nice welcome, QueenB.
    No, that's not how it happens. When I open the game app I have 5 lives. I start the game, it freezes, then crashes and I am back on the desktop of my phone. Then I see that I have lost one life. Then it happens again and again until I have lost the 5 lives.
    My device is iPhone, the version of the Soda app is 1.155.7
    As I said, I am on level 4268 in Saga and I never had this problem, I still have to see this happening once.
    I hope this can be fixed, thanks again!
    Mer

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?