🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000

Welcome Christmas and New Year's Eve 2019!

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    Is nostalgic the same as sentimental?  I am brcomjbg that way and I’m sure that it’s an age thing.  You have a long way to go to get there @firebombmarkus.
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Not sure if it is @Elsa I always thought of nostalgia being something like being sentimental but regretting the past.
  • _Elsa_
    Not sure if it is @Elsa I always thought of nostalgia being something like being sentimental but regretting the past.

I will add a Google search to my to do list.
  • _Elsa_

And I'm not done yet.  This week it is Christmas Jokes.  Each game community has different Christmas jokes.  If you click on the video link below you can view the entire project.  Enjoy!

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,562 Sweet Legend

Christmas is unfortunately canceled. I told Santa that you were very good this year. He died of laughing.

• _Elsa_
    Peggy you had to be in the room with me when I found those jokes online.  I couldn't stop laughing from one to the other.  When I reread them today they weren't as funny.
  • Spinnifix
    @Elsa

I immediately took the 1st joke. It was the top of the best and it fit right away. This is normal, if you read it the second time, it is no longer so funny. You know him. The laughter comes spontaneously and that's it!

Father: And son, who brings the presents at Christmas? Son: Amazon! Father: No, I mean the fat man with the beard. Son: Oh, the postman!

So what from the German Internet. Yes, there is also !!!

Weihnachten-Bild-Smilies16gif
  • _Elsa_
    That's a good one!
  • _Elsa_
    Tomorrow is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day!

On the third Friday of December each year, people all over the U.S. decide to don hilariously hideous Xmas sweaters and inflict this sight on everyone around them. From garish green and red colors to pom-poms and nonsensical designs, there seems to be no end to the dreadfully silly designs on display. You’ll see these knit monstrosities at the office, out on the street, and especially at holiday parties. This isn’t happening by accident. The fashion-savvy and playful hearted participants in this trend are celebrating National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.

When Did Ugly Sweaters First Enter Public Consciousness?

How did National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day get it start? Like many trends, this one began in fits and starts and has waxed and waned in popularity over the decades. The ugly sweater first became a household meme in the 1980s with The Cosby Show’s, Bill Huxtable leading the way. Chevy Chase’s character in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation added the holiday twist to this look. These well-known leading actors were playing decidedly unhip characters, who had no fashion sense at all. But for some reason, the idea of wearing awful sweaters as an ironic statement, somehow caught on. For a while, ugly holiday sweaters for women and men were easy to find. Then things kind of petered out in the nineties. Perhaps the trend was no match for a decade that was having a love affair with drab emo apparel?

The First Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Revives the Trend                                 

In the early 2000s, the first ugly holiday sweater party was held in Vancouver, Canada. All the guests were instructed to wear a hideous sweater, and interest in ugly sweaters was reborn. Today, the party is still an annual hit and the event routinely sells out the Commodore Ballroom. Not surprisingly, the U.S. picked up on the idea and now there are thousands of ugly sweater parties held all over the nation each year. They can be fundraisers, office holiday parties, community events, pub crawls, or private affairs. The only rule is that they take place in mid-December and everyone MUST wear a tacky sweater.  You can read more here.

• Spinnifix
    It's funny what's going on with you. If you have nothing better to do, then please.

Geiler Hsslicher Weihnachtspullover mit Angie - Whos Your Mutti Sweatshirt Large Marineblau

Amazon

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?