cannot connect to internet

janda1661
janda1661 Posts: 9 Level 2
edited December 2019 in Support
I have King games installed on both Android and IPad, and whilst the Android games are behaving themselves, those on the iPad keep saying I have no internet connection so I cannot claim boosters or send/receive lives etc. It is on Candy Crush and Farm Heroes that I keep getting the 'no connection' message, and this has been happening for over a month now. Don't use FB. Do not want to uninstall and reinstall the games as I have got to quite a high level in all games and have lots of boosters I do not wish to lose. I can't even save the games as the 'not connected ' message keeps appearing. Getting really frustrated now as I have been playing for several years!

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,658 Community Manager
    Hi there @janda1661 and welcome to our Community 🤗

If you do not have a Facebook account, I assume you have created a King account and have been backing up your game progress?

If yes, you might have to reinstall the game (if you haven't tried that yet) but before doing that, try this first:

- Disconnect the game from your King account (select Profile and Log Out).

- Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari 

- Restart the device and try connecting the game back to King account so your progress can sync.

If this doesn't help, reinstall the games. It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages. I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

• janda1661
    Thank you for this QB. I do have a FB account but don't use it to play games. Unfortunately I can't sign into my King account on my iPad to be able to sign out - just keep getting the 'can't connect' message. So it looks as though I would have to reinstall at some point. However I literally have dozens of boosters to use and I really don't want to find out that it's taken me back to several games back, or even worse, the very start.

• janda1661
    This morning I thought I would bite the bullet and reinstate candy crush, assuming I would be able to go back to the last time I saved it, even though it would be a few levels back. When I got to the retrieval screen I typed in my email and password only to be told it was the wrong combination. I therefore seem to be stuck at level 6 (???). Sorry King, but unless you can fix this, I will delete and not bother again. It's so frustrating, considering I had got to level 2496 (I think).
  • king22
    king22 Posts: 8 Level 2
    janda1661 said:
    This morning I thought I would bite the bullet and reinstate candy crush, assuming I would be able to go back to the last time I saved it, even though it would be a few levels back. When I got to the retrieval screen I typed in my email and password only to be told it was the wrong combination. I therefore seem to be stuck at level 6 (???). Sorry King, but unless you can fix this, I will delete and not bother again. It's so frustrating, considering I had got to level 2496 (I think).
    I have exactly the same problem, is there any sign of a solution?
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,242 Candy Moderator
    Hello @king22, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am very sorry to say that I could not understand what the other player wrote in their comment!!  Can you please provide more details about the issue you are having in the game, starting with which game you are having the issue? 

** Please tap on "Type your Comment" box located below to write back.  

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
  • Mscoup
    Mscoup Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have same problem about not recognizing user name and password even though I can log into Facebook with them.
  • king22
    PummyRaj said:
    Hello @king22, Hearty Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am very sorry to say that I could not understand what the other player wrote in their comment!!  Can you please provide more details about the issue you are having in the game, starting with which game you are having the issue? 

** Please tap on "Type your Comment" box located below to write back.  

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
    There is no “Type your Comment” box. The first error is “There was a connection error. Try again in a bit.” The internet is working fine, it is only King apps that have this problem.
    The apps are
    Candy Crush Soda Saga
    Jelly Saga
    Friends Saga
  • Mscoup
    Mscoup Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have same problem about not recognizing user name and password even though I can log into Facebook with them.
  • king22
    another part of the cannot connect problem, how long until the next program update comes out?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?