If you could change a thing in the game, what would it be? The Soda Team wants your feedback!

uxer
uxer Posts: 16 Kingster
edited March 2020 in Discussions

Hello dear players!

My name is uxer and I work as a UX Designer (see what I did there <--- 😏)on Soda. I would like to take the opportunity to ask you some questions about our game and how we can make it better, the plan is to post here from time to time and ask you some questions that we in the game team are curious about getting your feedback on. 

So please answer as much or as little as you want all feedback is of really high value for us 😊 if you can explain why/why not that will help us understand even better.

The first question from the game team is:

If you could change one thing in the game what would it be?

Thanks in advance / uxer

Comments

• nessaann
    nessaann Posts: 25 Level 2

It would be the bubble gum

• SheilaB39
    SheilaB39 Posts: 4 Newbie

More chances to collect boosters and bars!

• BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5

If I could change one thing about the game it would be the request a life feature. I don't play through Facebook, so my "friends" list is really a random group of people who don't actually know me or want to help out. Not only do I rarely get a response from anyone on my list, I have the exact same people on that list every time I play, so I don't have a chance to find new friends who may be more active and willing to help. There are days where I do not recieve a single request from anyone, let alone a life when I ask for one. I play for 1-2 hours a day, and when there are 40 or so people on my soda friend's list and there is no communicating going on at all, the function might as well not exist.

Thanks for listening! 😀

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5

I agree with @BeckyBubblegum that the Send and Request lives feature does not work very well. It would be great if we had an hour of Infinity Lives instead of a half hour, maybe that would help.

Off the top of my head, one thing I would like changed is that players (like myself) who play CCSS on a PC do not always get included in the Special Events, such as those that show up during the Holidays.

• sharkeymw
    sharkeymw Posts: 367 Level 3

I would like to see more interesting things on the 'daily prize' ... what's the point of creating a streak if it just repeats 2hrs of one of three boosters in cycle plus 1/2 hour infinite lives every day ad nauseam? As you build a streak, it really would be nice if it gave you a small pack of the other single-use boosters or longer on the infinite lives every few days along the streak, say once a week or so. It's especially frustrating for those of us on windows 10 at the moment who don't get any of the prize chest/race/mr. toffee's anymore, the only viable way to earn anything is the single candy bomb/gold bars in the weekend bubblegum hill contests.

I also like the suggestions of being able to add friends from in-game or participate in other special contests for those of us who don't use facebook!!

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,575 Soda Moderator

Hi @uxer I have a bunch of things I would like to change 🙈.

• The team play. I want to make my own choice if I want to participate or not in a team play. Some teamplay do have this option now, but for example the Squad there isn’t. Why not making for all the teamplay an option if you want to participate or not.
    • The weekly Race. I myself play the highest levels. So every week I get the new levels (30 and sometimes 45) and I always see other players with a high score like 90 or more. I’ll never make that of course and it is no fun to know that. So maybe there can be an opt out as well.
    • The prizes of Episode Race. Now numbers 1, 2 and 3 are getting 5, 3 or 1 gold. The rewards aren’t that big but would it be much nicer to give everyone something? For example number 1 gets 5, number 2 gets 4, number 3 gets 3, 2 gets 2 and the last one gets 1 gold. Or number 1 get gold and boosters number 2 some less and the last only gets gold? There are few opportunities to win gold...
    • BubbleGum Hill. When you are dethroned I’ve noticed we can we can win a lot less gold than we did in previous years. Why is that? I remember once I was dethroned after 1 hour and got 90 gold. Now most of the time I get 1 gold and if I’m ‘lucky’ I get 7 when dethroned after 1 hour.
    • Timed boosters. It would be nice if we can save the timed boosters so we can use it when we want or need it. There’s no use having timed boosters when you’re done playing.
    • Different games. Why are there so many different games. I do understand King is always testing features and a selected group gets them. However, there are never equal chances to be able to win in e.g. team play. Why is it some still have Quests, others don’t. Can’t you make a test group in the studio and later roll out to the players? Why do some have ads for extra moves or boosters and some don’t? (I’m playing Soda for 5 years but have never seen ads, so I always have to buy extra moves.)

Sorry for this long list. I definitely don't want to complain and I do like playing Soda 🤗.

• Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3

How about deleting the game altogether? Stop creating levels and allow players to reach the end of the game, thus allowing them to have more fun playing something else, rather than some computerised garbage where a player only wins when a rigged program allows them. Soda is a mindless drudge to play. It doesn't matter what a player does from the very first move, the program is rigged to make them fail, then get closer to winning (but still failing) in the hope they buy a booster, and then make the level so easy a monkey could pass it to encourage the player to keep playing rather than giving up through utter boredom. Which is precisely what I am about to do - stuck on a level for over a week, a so-called "hard" level (not ultra hard, or super hard, just hard) where 295,000 players have asked for extra moves. Sums up Soda in a nutshell ... 295,000 stuck on a mere "hard" level, buying extra moves because they are absolutely bored sh*tless having to do the same level over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Hire developers who know what they are doing. Who have imagination, rather than reducing moves, adding blockers and renaming a level as "super hard".

Weekly race against players obviously hundreds of levels below me. Another brain-dead developer's idea. I am lucky to beat 10 levels a week, and was up against someone who cleared over 100. If the developer of this pile of garbage had a brain cell, it would die of loneliness.

Sorry, but the game has become as dull as dishwater. Mindnumbingly boring, utterly skill-less. A total chore.

• HASHM
    HASHM Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited March 2020

(Edit by CM: Unsupported Language)

• 2skillz
    2skillz Posts: 7 Level 2

I have same problem. How do I get more friends? Thought this forum would be of help

• 2skillz
    2skillz Posts: 7 Level 2

I am a daily player but I need friends. Please help. If I play without my Facebook I see friends but my progress won't get saved. Thanks

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?