“No connection to internet”. - Reported!

Answers

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager

Hiya!!

As our Superstar @Sukanta_Biswas says, the Internet can be a bit slow these days. However, it can be very useful to keep the following in mind:

The connection issue is still under investigation as this is something we have been unable to reproduce!

We have tested this on multiple devices with different operating systems, with Wifi and mobile data and we can't find the issue.

Disclaimer - What can affect connectivity:

- If you're commuting

- If the area were you're located is not remote

- if you are on VPN 

- If your mobile data plan has reached the monthly allowance 

So this is what we recommend:

Android - Delete the game app and clear Google Play Store cache:

1) Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings' 

2) Locate the menu called 'Apps' 

3) Scroll down till you find the 'Google Play Store' 

4) From here click on 'Clear data' then clear cache. 

Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - not to worry, it's just a reset. 

5) Restart mobile and install the game and try connecting it to Facebook or King account.

Apple devices - Clear Safari cache:

- Disconnect the game from Facebook or King account (if connected).

- Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.

- Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari - (Super important).

- Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/ King account so your progress can sync.

Windows 10 - Reinstall the game app:

-  How to reinstall!

Facebook:

- Try the steps here

NOTE! Deleting the game app will mean that you will lose any saved boosters, lives your progress made on the Daily Bonus and other extra features.

Player Support will only be able to replace any lost purchased items and if this happens to you, please contact our support team directly from the game app:

- Open the game app

- Select the cogwheel

- Tap on the "?" mark

- Scroll or search for "Purchases and Gold Bars"

- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "Contact Us"

Thanks !!!

• Sharonatoo
    Sharonatoo Posts: 13 Level 2

It's just mean to tell people to try these fixes. It is not the slow connectivity and if your fixes worked we would not still be commenting. There is no way you are working on this bug or you would have it fixed.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager

@Sharonatoo , I'm sorry you feel like that. I wanted to share these steps once again as they have really helped many people- and they have told us so.

But I understand it's frustrating if they don't solve the issue in your case and I can assure you the team in the Studio are investigating.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

• Linda9196
    Linda9196 Posts: 2 Newbie

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it is still telling me I have no internet connection and is the only app I use that does this.

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,619 Sweet Legend

@LadyRaffie & @Lola_Pop

Good morning to all!
    I was just thinking about something !!!
    If you have problems with the internet, I'm sorry. Because I have no problems and can play well. I just want to say something else that you should consider: 1. location and 2. at the moment many access the internet and this can lead to problems. 3. The provider. I was at a provider 1-2 years ago where there were only failures. That's why I switched and since then there have been no problems. Maybe you should think about changing providers. 4. There may also be faults. This can be found on the Internet. For Germany at: st Stör.de.( Störungen.de )
    Please also pay attention to such things, so that this has nothing to do with your device and app.
  • amandae595
    amandae595 Posts: 63 Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions. Stay safe and well in Germany!

• Linda9196
    Linda9196 Posts: 2 Newbie

I have a Wi-Fi booster, my location is definitely nothing to do with it, my network provider is fab, and it's definitely not down to my network, and everything else is working perfectly fine, just my candy crush soda saga that is having issues with connecting to the internet, I'll just find another game to play

• amandae595
    amandae595 Posts: 63 Level 2

Thank you for your suggestions, Spinnifix. I'm not changing my service provider. I only have this problem here. Stay safe and well in Germany!

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,619 Sweet Legend
    Hi Guys!
    I think if the Corona crisis is over, it will be better with the Internet & WiFi. Please be patient. Otherwise, please try the steps of our dear CM@Lola_Pop . Please pay attention to the internet signal that it is stable. And please keep your games and the device always up to date. That means refresh and clear the cache. Otherwise, another game is playing which is currently better. Better times will come!!!
    All the best and stay healthy.
    Greetings from Germany
  • Sharonatoo
    Sharonatoo Posts: 13 Level 2

It's interesting to me that it is mostly the Ambassadors that do not have the problem. Also which is it? There is no problem or you are investigating the problem that thousands are having? Can't have it both ways.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?