Gold Pins

2»

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

I can barely stomach playing the new levels once anymore let alone twice, are you still on lower levels? There’s very little skill involved anymore as the new levels are just overloaded with blockers, you basically need to have a big combo right off the bat to stand a chance. Now that BGH is gone I’m not playing at all. I was never subject to the arcade so I don’t know what that’s all about but if one account you had played since the early days, without the boosters that the rainbow thing gives you, of course that would take you longer not to mention having to wait a week for 15 new levels whereas now they’re all out. I can think of hundreds of better things to do than play this game especially while at home!

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3

Not sure what you consider “lower levels” but I am in the mid 3000’s in my original game and around 2500 in the new game. Actually, I probably spend less time playing the two games than I did when I just had the one. A big part of that has to do with not having the quests which I used to do daily, and when the timed boosters run out, I generally quit.

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager

Hello everyone!

@Dirty_Nurse it's ok if you don't to play anymore. But do not judge other players for doing so. Some of them find the game fun and helps them go through the day.

Have y'all a Sodalicious day 🤗

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4

I’m not judging the above player for playing at all if you bothered to read my commentary - I was just wondering why they were spending presumably large amounts of time comparing similar installations of the game and therefore in reality just comparing the effects of luck on both games. I’ve seen this individual from time to time commenting on other posts here and they always make good contributions to said topics.

I must say, @candysodacrusher, if the quests were removed from my game and replaced with the “team” crap I’d abandon this game just like I did when they changed the rules of vanilla CCS back in December. As for the level range you mention they’re not too terribly low - I think they fall in the range of being nearly impossible to complete without extreme luck and/or a massive initial combo thanks to the starting booster placement. Currently without BGH to replenish the hammer supply the game is unplayable so I’ll wait for that to come back(though I’d wager it will have been tweaked so as to grant less rewards) before I continue.

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3

Even though usually I only see BGH on weekends, not having it has, as of today, depleted my lollipop hammers in both games. Also, after an honestly good series of teammates in my least favorite event (the oft discussed Mr. Toffee) I have been stuck with less than admirable teammates for the past two weeks and as a result my striped lollipops have also been depleted. You can imagine how thrilled I was when one of my teammates finally completed collecting 140 red candies and I was rewarded with...a wrapped candy and a somewhat more valuable timed booster.

That said, I still managed to pass a couple of levels today with my daily bonus and the help of a very few ads. They also seem to be offered up less frequently than they used to be.

As critical as I have been of the changes to the game over the past year, I also have to admit that the game is more “playable” than it was prior to the changes. The path to getting to that point was pretty rocky though. As I’m playing my new game I’m finding that I’m not getting stuck on levels for days at a time as happened the first time around.

Not sure whether that’s because the levels have been tweaked or if the variety of options to win boosters makes up the difference.

And, I’m also finding the new teams more helpful than the old Soda Squads were. I know you aren’t a fan of the team events, but a free booster is a free booster and I’ll take it anyway I can get it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?