Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Comments

• Dizzzybee
    Dizzzybee Posts: 2 Newbie

I can deal with portrait mode with Candy Crush Friends because it started out that way. But I've been playing Soda Crush in landscape mode for YEARS! I'm use to playing this game that way. I have found that now playing in Portrait mode is hard on my eyes and I guess I won't be playing until that function is fixed. I'm also hoping this method won't be used for all the other Candy Crush games.

• josephine2498
    josephine2498 Posts: 6 Level 2

I’ve tried to play the new friends game and it is a good game, but I just don’t like portrait mode on my iPad. So I gave it and soda crush up. I have played soda crush since it started... but am looking for some new games that work on iPad. Lot cheaper to stop playing.. I spent too much. Hope they are “happy” being so stubborn with the change. If I find another game I won’t be back.

• Vildyr
    Vildyr Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi there.

Im sorry to hear that thats your dessision. That means that you lose an active Customer, who regular uses money to play.

Im not able to play while in portrait mode.

I urge you to reconsider your dessision and go back to also playing in landscape mode.

• SamehSabry
    SamehSabry Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited June 2020

(Edit by CM: Unsupported Language)

• SamehSabry
    SamehSabry Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited June 2020

(Edit by CM: Unsupported Language)

• torsten01
    torsten01 Posts: 4 Newbie

I have been playing Soda for years... what I have seen over the last six months is a continuous slide from a reliable and enjoyable game to an unstable and very irritating one. I play on a new IPad. The following problems have been occurring more and more frequently:

game crashes randomly and requires IPad restart

game hangs after playing an ad and requires restart

bonus not given when it should have been and requires restart

and so much more.

This is a new IPad, latest updates and hardly any apps. So no issue on my end. Why is this? Are the developers no longer interested in keeping Soda current? And now I cannot play landscape any more. I must say I blame myself for still playing, yes it is an addiction after many years and a few thousand levels. But you are absolutely trying your very best to help me get rid of this addiction. Thank you! And when I have found my new favourite game, I will make double sure it is not from King. Who wants to be let down like this twice...

• Koufetta
    Koufetta Posts: 7 Level 2

When will we be able to play Soda in landscape mode?

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend

Currently they still testing out this feature ... and hope it will be soon ... and it will be better if u can post in this thread below so the community manager can gather all the feedback

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,499 Candy Moderator

Hello @Koufetta Hearty Welcome to our wonderful King Community 🤗

I am sorry to hear that your game too is affected by the "Portrait Version"!

The reason for this is, the Soda Studio team are running few tests and we do not know how long this test will last!!

So, for now, we do not have any choice but to play on Portrait mode. But, one of our Soda Community Managers has opened a thread in Soda Support Area and posted about this issue and gave the details about the "test".

I would recommend you to head to that thread and post your comment there, AND also keep an eye for any new updates with regards to the Test. Please click on these Green letters to head to the thread ---> Soda Game on Portrait Mode

If you have further questions or comments, please post back by typing in the comment box given below.

Thank you for understanding and your patience. Have a wonderful rest of the day 🍬 🍾

• AbhinavSargar
    AbhinavSargar Posts: 3,726 Level 5
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?