Boot inactive Mr Toffee's Fair players

earmanja794
earmanja794 Posts: 11 Level 2

It's super annoying when a player picks a tile and never completes it. It makes the ones you completed a waste of time and blocks you from finishing. This Fair will now take me 3 days to complete.

What if it were to auto boot after 24 hours of inactivity? That way the active players can play on.

81 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• CFY
    CFY Posts: 14 Level 2

Great idea!!...

This is why Mr. Toffee's Fair sounds like a nice idea on paper, but works like crap in practice. It's because most players seem to be casuals who only open their App once a month (and who of course would never get involved in this Forum). Therefore they pick a tile and never complete even the easiest of tasks. The system should definitely boot them after a few hours, ESPECIALLY if their progress on the task is still at zero!!

Please do this, or else bring back the individual Quests instead. We ALL preferred them!

• Julie_Carter
    Julie_Carter Posts: 11 Level 2

but is there now a way to boot a player or even send a message to the player...unfortunately, no names are posted with the picture so how are you supposed to find this person. It would be easier to boot them....I currently have one of those and this person has been holding up my game for 4 days now. And it is one of the easiest tasks. (just saying cause it's P*ssing me off!!!

• CFY

Ideally the system would do it automatically. Say, if the person picked a tile but has done zero progress on it and is just holding it up, the system could force that person off the tile after, say, 12 or 24 hours.

If the player DID do some progress on the tile, maybe extend that window a little bit... Say, boot him after 24 or 36 hours...

• CFY

Or maybe even those time windows are too long. Boot them after 6 hours or so...!

If after six hours the person has done nothing on the tile, clearly he/she just closed the App and is only blocking other players from completing the line. In my opinion, ALL the tasks on Mr. Toffee's fair are quite easy compared to the tasks in the older Quests we used to have. That's why the main negative point of this event is not the tasks themselves, but rather how other players simply don't collaborate. Not to be rude but I'd often tell the others: "if you ain't doin' it, stand aside and I'll do it"!... 🤣

Because holding up a tile benefits NO ONE, and on the contrary, the sooner we complete the line, the sooner we ALL win! 😁

• Adav
    Adav Posts: 661 Level 3

@CFY , having the same problem with my current status on Toffee..... I just picked another block to at least do something worthwhile, skipping the line the blockholder is in... Sometimes, I think I'm the only one playing, and the rest just get the rewards for not doing anything - Weird

• loriprosser67
    loriprosser67 Posts: 9 Level 2

I am having the same problem at times and I agree 100% with kicking them off the tile after so long.

Right now I am having problems with it not giving me credit for what is on the tile. I have gotten it 4 or 5 times this morning and still haven't gotten credit for it. If anyone knows what is going in please help.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie

Yes, it's super annoying

• SevimHülyaGörgün
    SevimHülyaGörgün Posts: 121 Level 2

In the Toffee event, it's okay if we're accepted to switch to older sections instead of "new level pass". I can't play when all the episodes are over. The locker is disabled. 

• kavidina
    kavidina Posts: 5,827 Level 5

Great idea...💯

• Gumyupawpaw
    Gumyupawpaw Posts: 1,566 Level 4

Is there a way to contact the player who occupies a space on Mr. Toffee's Fair but does nothing even a simplest task. It is wasting the space on the board, making it impossible to move on. Sometimes, it is even two other players who lay idle, blocking one's progress.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?