🔥 Hot Right Now 🌶
🏅Grab your Protector Badge HERE
🏆 Join Aku Aku's Challenges HERE

extended aku aku masks

Smartiesmaster93Smartiesmaster93 Posts: 73 Level 3

When u have collected three aku aku masks you should be able to extend the invicibilty like u can in the ps4 and pc games like the og crash bandicoot , cause there is some levels wher u can get another mask when u are already invincible but the third mask still gets out of time i mean there is not many times where u can get another mask so it wouldnt mess that much with the game if u could esxtend the invincibilty cause its only in a few places and few maps where its possible to reach another mask when u have three already its just that if u do this it will be more alike to the og crash bandicoot games :D

kind regards Smartiesmaster93

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• MuchoMucho Posts: 365 Level 3

Yeah, I noticed this oddity as well.

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 667 Level 3

I regularly replay the PS1 games and they most definitely never did that... They didn't just "Refresh" or "Extend" invincibility.

I don't know why, but it has been that way in every Crash Game I know.

Since I don't know the reason, I really wouldn't mind if CotR changes it for the Players convenience.

To each their own... ☺️

The Graphics of N. Sane were great, but the Physics were altered and I could never get used to the new SFX and rearranged BGM...🙄

Gameplay and Sound are way more important to me than Graphics. 🧐

Because of that, I'll stick to the OGs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's just hard to get rid off decades worth of Nostalgia I guess and the fact we never got a "Legacy Music" Option like the Spyro or CTR Remakes is a shame. 😔

But I am Glad N. Sane Trilogy pathed the way for Reignited, Nitro Fueled and Crash 4 and hopefully more for Crash and Spyro in the Future 🤞🏻

• Smartiesmaster93Smartiesmaster93 Posts: 73 Level 3

i have memories of when i played it as a kid and also when i played the og games trough emulators that it did refresh it when u picked another aku aku mask when u had three of them

edited May 15

If it was an emulator on PC, maybe someone was able to change it, but usually if you run in an Aku Crate in tje OG PS1 Games while the invincibility is Active it just disappears. It's the same in N. Sane Trilogy.

As for "Floating Akus" like in Crash 1 and 2, this happens:

The Problem with remembering it we may remember it wrong, especially since almost any other game with an invincibility just refreshes it if you are able to get a 2nd one before the first is over.

I don't know why Crash didn't do that (Outdide of CTR), but it's definitely nothing new.

Tbh I can't talk about Wrath of Cortex because it has been very long and maybe there it was different.

As for Crash 4 I honestly can't recall if you could ever reach a 4th Aku while invincible... But since Aku Crates are pretty rare, I'd imagine if you could try it in some Time Trial (usually more Akus in TT) then it would be the same.

• MuchoMucho Posts: 365 Level 3

Memories and the Internet. Both are always true XD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.