🔥 Hot Right Now 🌶
👉 Grab your Protector Badge HERE 🏅 | Join Aku Aku's Challenges HERE 🏆

Spyro alone can't keep the interest in this Game

hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 587 Level 3

I'm saying that as a big fan of both Crash and Spyro, but looking at Nitro Fueled, the 3rd Season was Spyro Themed but still it wasn't enough to keep people's interest in it.

I worry about CotR's future, because the wait since the last New Area to play was pretty long and a lot of players just quit because of the Dingodile Bug, Survival Run Crashes and/or Collection Run changes.

The Spyro Event probably will keep a bunch of Players around that might have already left without it, but what's gonna happen after that?

I think the Devs should communicate directly with players via Twitter and be less "gimmicky" if they announce features in Testing...

It also would probably be better to have dedicated "Test Players" that are willing to try out whatever feature the Devs want to Test, Randomly spreading it across the Players just causes Confusion and unnecessary Bug Reports.

I know our Community Mods try their best to give us accurate informations ASAP and forward our Complaints and other Feedback to the Devs, but still, in this day and age there open communication is easier than ever its kinda disappointing the Devs rarely make use of it.

I fear that if the player count drops too much, that the support will be stopped rather sooner than later, but I hope the Game can get back some good will from players that currently are just fed up because of Bugs and poor communication from the Support Team and the Devs.

Comments

• GetHankedGetHanked Posts: 948 Level 5

I played a lot of other endless runner games in the past and COTR has had the most updates and future content than all of the others a couple of weeks isn’t long at all try playing minion rush when they update the game once every year, and people still play that today and haven’t had an update since the 5 year celebration. All they do on that game is monthly special mission where you have to collect items. And subway surfers is the same one special mission monthly and no story progression.

me personally I like the direction they’re going on and they can’t role stuff out every couple of weeks it’s impossible. And is far superior of other games in same genre in my opinion 😎

What matters in life is to take a stand. There will be situations in life where we must take a stand. If we do not take a stand, then we will fall down in our own eyes. Let us take a stand for what is right. And let us raise our voice against injustice.

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

I agree on your points about communication and their test policy isn’t the greatest or well thought out. Definitely improvements could be implemented in the future.

it’s hard to meet all the demands, and it’s rare you see a mobile game update their playerbase on a regular basis 🤪

What matters in life is to take a stand. There will be situations in life where we must take a stand. If we do not take a stand, then we will fall down in our own eyes. Let us take a stand for what is right. And let us raise our voice against injustice.

• mcdethmcdeth Posts: 8 Level 2

The game died when they put an enforced speed change in which no one asked for and made the game unplayable for the majority and still haven’t fixed it

Generally I think peoples expectations are too high and are a bit unrealistic especially saying the game is dead when it’s only been out a few months and has a 4.7 on APP store from thousands of players.

yes it has its issues put is still the best endless runner you can play currently; even with its bugs, and will only become better on the future. I don’t agree with testing out speed increase on some players that was a poor choice. But you can only learn from your mistakes. They are human after all

• PauoloPauolo Posts: 326 Level 3

Well, better communication would keep players' expectations in check. Leaving "Coming soon" all other the game's main screen does not.

• hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 587 Level 3

I only played Sonic Dash and Mario Run (which is even harder to compare since it's only 2D), but yeah, lost the interest in the Sonic Runner because it was like only Survival Runs with nothing else to do and the Mario Runner was just too slow and boring...

CotR is definitely better than these, no doubt about it, but the stuff that doesn't work properly makes it all the more frustrating, especially paired with the "Silent Treatment".

It keeps holding the game back and there is nothing worse to me in a Game than obvious "Wasted Potential".

• PauoloPauolo Posts: 326 Level 3

I think better communication would keep players' expectations in check. However all those "coming soon" messages on the main menu do not help.

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Posts: 398 Level 3

It would be great if they would make a Subway Surfers style game mode with power-ups and stuff in the levels. That way you can try to improve your highscore which would keep players interested for a while longer.

They can even make it so you can get more upgrades if you have gathered more gems.

If they make it so the level you are running in changes every (few) minute(s) you won't be running in one single enviroment for 30+ minutes.

• Leonie373Leonie373 Posts: 14 Level 2

I'm loving the game. I have played a lot of games over the years and this game is fantastic. Its fun and the graphics in the different runs are so well done...well done King

• DimenzioDimenzio Posts: 543 Crash On the Run Moderator

There are still a lot of things to come, and most of the issues will be fixed at some point. I'm still seeing a bright future for our little Bandicoot here 🤗

That the Season didn't start with the 1.5 Update out of the gate is very unfortunate...

I really hope it fixes stuff like the Random Survival Run Crashes, Dino Might's randomly Disappearing Floors, Sewer or Later (Material Spawn, Enemy Spawns, Making that one Alpha Part reachable again and fixing the Barrels that get stuck every ither Lap) and other stuff I might not have on the Radar.

Hopefully something Happens with the Random Start Locations and the Speed in Collection Runs, even though I doubt it... But I can live with how it currently is, even if I prefer it to be different.

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Posts: 398 Level 3

@GetHanked The thing about Subways Surfers is that you have a Highscore you can always try to beat, so that's a goal that will always be there.

The only real highscore you can set in this game that I can think of is 1050 trophies from one single ticket (and there are mines littered across your way getting there in the fact you game is highly likely to crash at any certain moment). And you even have to pay to be able to try and achive this highscore.

After doing any Collection Run for 50+ times, there is pretty much no challenge left in them.

About communicating with their players: King can learn a lot from Niantic and how they communicate about their events in Pokémon Go.

Edit: This was written 5 days ago and has just now been approved. I don't know why it doesn't show the original time it was written instead of showing when it was approved...

• DuintalDuintal Posts: 150 Level 3

First of all I love the game! I really think it is just the thing today to launch games and then add to it. Here it is the same. And I enjoy looking how the game develops and new things are added. We just need to be patiens and hope they fix most annoying bugs soon;)

I would love to love the Game, but between getting a little burnt out from Grinding Trophies and the lack if communication, my good will is running thin.

Today for the First time since they changed it I died and decided to not listen to this warning:

I just wanted to see for myself that they actually got the nerves to take away Materials (I just picked up the First Red Eyes and had exchanged my before Steps, so no big loss on my end).

But when I respawned, the Material was gone from my inventory AND the Box wasn't replaced.

So, if you can't do a "Deluxe Revive" and collected a lot of materials, you can wait till the next Refill is done to get more. The more stuff you got, the more Brutal it gets.

You know what this smells like? Smells like Corporates pushing their will to make it harder and harder to ignore MTX.

First the useful Skins were all locked behind MTX and now Collection Runs get worse and worse while bugs are allowed to persist.

Seriously, kudos to people that can ignore this stuff and don't get frustrated by all this Anti-Consumer decisions...

I thought the "Special Offers" you get when clearing a Gang were bad, but if they just add a few mire hurdles that are meant to shoo away free to play players, I'll probably leave this game behind...

I know that MightyWolf announcing he's done with King was a really bad sign...

I want to stay optimistic but everything's pointing at the fact that the Worst is yet to come :(

• AbriumAbrium Posts: 278 Level 3

Yeah, it really sad to know MightyWolf actually leaving :( It feel different now. Everyday we just collect trophies and nothing else. Of course, we have to wait... I know i know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.