How the "Checkpoint Roulette" Bug could be turned into a useful Feature β€” King Community

πŸ”₯ Hot Right Now 🌢
πŸ…Grab your Protector Badge HERE
πŸ† Join Aku Aku's Challenges HERE

How the "Checkpoint Roulette" Bug could be turned into a useful Feature

hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 659 Level 3

Currently, whenever you start a collection Run, you would be Telported to a Randomly Picked Checkpoint instead of the Usual Starting Position.

While irritating at first (especially due to its unpredictable nature) I thought maybe of simply turning back the Original state of the game, why not use this to improve the game.

How about making it an OPTION to start a run from the Last Checkpoint Crate you crashed?

In some cases people might play with the thought of purposely getting Crash killed to make more use of a well placed Checkpoint...

I think it woukd be good feature to add some sort of "Checkpoint Memory", so the game remembers where your Checkpoint was if you leave the Stage.

HOWEVER...there will probably be a lot of people that just want to do their runs as per Usual and start at tge Original Location.

These 2 don't have to get in each others way, you could just put a Checkpoint Crate there you usually Start the run on Default so this spot can be in the Memory as well.

Maybe make it a Crate with a Big S instead of C, a big Checkers Flag or a Star so people know its for the Starting point of the Stage.

It could also help for orientation that way, since sometimes if a stage is new you might get overwhelmed on where you have been and the Star(t) Crate could easily Fix this.

Anyways, just something I thought of while we are currently experiencing the "Checkpoint Roulette" and I think this non Random alternative would be appreciated a lot by people.

7 votes

Active Β· Last Updated

Comments

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Posts: 403 Level 3

They could also make it so you can choose your starting position at the beginning of your run. Let's say you can start from every checkpoint crate you have smashed before, this will also reward checking every possible path. There should then also be something to show you haven't yet smashed a certain checkpoint crate before.

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 659 Level 3

While this would be even more useful, I think implementing a Single "Checkpoint Memory" might be easier than creating a system that remembers all Checkpoints, if you ever got them or not and then also lets you freely pick...

Of course that would be the best way for getting more efficient Runs.... I just don't know if it is feasible to do all that so my suggestion was more "simplistic" (or at least so I think) in hopes of having at least that implemented.

Maybe your suggestion is perfectly feasible or even easier for the Devs to implement than mine, in that case, you would get my Vote, I can guarantee you that much.

• GetHankedGetHanked Posts: 948 Level 5

i haven’t suffered this glitch yet, but I must say I’m pretty set in my ways and once I got the route down I get into a routine of that run: that being said I would like more starting locations in the level but you could choose where that was at the map screen, say 3 different starting locations 😎

edited May 7

Update: I have been informed its not a bug, but apparently a feature in a test phase (the CotR Twitter posted something about a "Random Ray" it seems).

So, some players were selected to run with it and it probably would be best to Voice your opinions on it, so the Devs get feedback and know what to do with the Feature.

In my case, I see great Value in alternate starting positions for Runs, BUT I don't like the Randomness.

If they make it so we can SOMEHOW determine where we will be starting in our Run, THEN I'd LOVE it 😍

• PajaruloPajarulo Posts: 36 Level 2
    edited May 7

Well, since today I played with this feature formerly known as bug :D I share my opinion: I can't see its usefullness.

That would be good if someone use to play a little part of the map and then go out.

It is true that maps are big (some too big, imho), but I guess that everyone once is in, is going to complete at least a "full lap".

At this point, I prefer to start always in the same point to don't have to adapt my personal trip I memorized.

It definitely is useful on "The Lab"...

If you get the checkpoint there you need 6 Laps to get through and get all materials, you can do that in a Nice Split Run... 3 with Flame Orb boost (Underground Passage Twice, Ground Level Once) and 3 with Ice Berry (Ground Level Once and Higher Floor Twice).

It's more efficient than having to start at the usual Spot.

I'd really like to be able to start there on demand and not by chance πŸ™„

• PajaruloPajarulo Posts: 36 Level 2

Yes, but random like it is right now don't work.

Selecting on split maps would be good (even turtle woods is pretty annoying).

Anyway, I would not full clean the lab even with that, it's too long :D my routine is take the most until I get sick.

I agree, the Randomness is super annoying.

For every Time it saves time there is at least 2 to 3 instances there with the new Position I'm just worse off and quit right back out of tge Stage.

If we could pick where to go, it would be a different Story.

• CortexBandicootCortexBandicoot Posts: 19 Level 2

The maps of the game have a timer to restock the items, so when we return to the point we last stopped, after the restock we already had forgotten where it is, so I think it would be a good idea if this new feature only be active when the timer is running and be reseted too after the restock, that way we'll be able to collect the items needed faster and don't will be surprised when returning to the same map.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.