Keep the steps or lose them ALL ? - Page 3 β€” King Community

πŸ”₯ Hot Right Now 🌢
πŸ…Grab your Protector Badge HERE
πŸ† Join Aku Aku's Challenges HERE

Keep the steps or lose them ALL ?

Comments

• MaCoPiMaCoPi Posts: 403 Level 3

One easy way to fix the imbalance caused by players saving steps for next season would be to automatically exchange them once they reach 20k steps. For now the only use for steps is getting trophies, so automatically exchanging steps when 20k is reached should have no downside.

This would also make sure players always have to reach 25k Trophies in a season to complete the pass. The way it is now, you can start the next pass early if you have reached 25k already by saving steps. This head-start will get bigger and bigger as long as you get 25k each season.

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• FrozeniceFrozenice Posts: 37 Level 2
    Keep Total Steps ( Only lose steps for current run ) πŸ‘£ βœ”οΈ

ΒΏand what about the wumpa fruits?,some players like me save wumpa fruits to use for trophies,imagine if i saved for some two seasons or more,if i can have more fruits to be first,imagine that,ΒΏthe steps and the wumpa fruits have the same uses?,but the wumpa fruits have less trophy points like 50 while 20.000 steps are 200 thropy.

• KysartSarglinKysartSarglin Posts: 199 Level 3
    Lose All Steps πŸ‘£ ❌

That is exactly another reason why i would keep steps as they are. You can save wumpas. They cannot be touched cause you use them even for crafting. So, farm wumpas for next season.

Anyway, most of the steps issues are based on bugs and the fact you can keep them for the next season. If there weren't bugs and you cannot save them for next season...do you think a rework would be needed? You would be able only to exchange steps until the season ends. Would you keep them? Would you risk to lose them without a purpose (cause you will lose them at the end of the season)?

I think that set a reset of trophies to 0 at the end of the season will solve many things.

On the other hand i think that lose only accumulated steps in that run would mean a game too easy.

Ps: I'm not counting the speed boost, cause we will see what they will do with it.

• WumpaThumpaWumpaThumpa Posts: 177 Level 3

Voted to save, thanks.

In this current system people are hoarding Steps and the only way to compete with that is to do the same. I think a cap should definitely be in place or that Steps (and Wumpas) reset every season like Trophies do. Until then, it's devastating to lose all saved Steps in an instant due to the game crashing or glitching.

With that said, I hate hoarding the steps. Going into every new Season where everyone is starting from 0 would be nice.

• WumpaThumpaWumpaThumpa Posts: 177 Level 3

Also another thing is what if people dump all their saved steps into the last minutes of the Season? Suddenly a 20th place team is 1st. I wonder if automatic conversion of steps to trophies is the way to go here...

• Joey_YouTubeJoey_YouTube Posts: 991 Level 3

@frozenangel@Frozenice @MaCoPi @KysartSarglin @WumpaThumpa

Thanks for voting guys , and very interesting discussion you're putting in there !

So it is good to save steps , but make a cap for it and you can't use them in the following season πŸ‘οΈ

• FrozeniceFrozenice Posts: 37 Level 2

it's fine but... ΒΏwe are going to lose every wumpa fruits and steps for the next season?.

nope , I don't think so πŸ‘¨β€πŸ«

• XcrashNplayXXcrashNplayX Posts: 190 Level 3
    edited June 6

The question in the poll sais: what do you think is better for gaming experience - When I lost steps because game crashed I experienced a huge disappointment and I don't want to feel that again, so I voted as you can see.

I'm just an ordinary player, have no extra gaming skills, I'm playing this game on daily basis when I have time, and injoing it very much. We all can agree that the game could be improved in so many levels (there are lot of good suggestions here) and if they decide to change something like steps to be restored at the end of the seasons so be it.

Aside with all random features which are causing a lot of unfairness, until it's legit to accumulate steps for what ever your reason is, I think no bug /glitch/game crash should just wipe out what you have earned by playing the game.

Thanks for voting πŸ€—

You said pretty much everything we encounter while collecting steps πŸ™

• DimenzioDimenzio Posts: 607 Crash On the Run Moderator
    Lose All Steps πŸ‘£ ❌

I always loved the risk-reward mechanic of steps. I would be even more in favor of no option to watch an ad to keep your steps so that you always lose them if you die. Currently, there isn't really a "risk" if you don't hoard your steps as some people do, so maybe giving more trophies for 20k steps with higher risk would be quite nice?

But of course, we couldn't do such a thing right now because of all the bugs, etc. I hope they will fix all these issues so that people don't lose their steps unfairly πŸ˜…

Point respected , I would love if there is a cap limit per level ( Example : level 30 = 3 million steps max ) .

Thanks for voting πŸ€—

• GloInTheDarkGloInTheDark Posts: 63 Level 3

I wish there was an "other" option, because I think we should be able to keep our steps and only lose those collected during the current run. But at the same time, not losing steps allows people to farm them like crazy, which is also in a way unfair.

Maybe steps could reset at the end of a season? If you didn't redeem them for trophies during the current season, that's your loss. That would give a clean-ish slate for everyone once the new season starts (people would still farm them between seasons, but in theory should not be able to collect as many).

• LlamaqueenLlamaqueen Posts: 30 Level 2

I totally agree with losing only steps collected in current run cuz' I experienced lagging problem while doing a collection run and lost all my steps (it's an unpleasant experience for me cuz I'm kinda busy in rl and don't have much time in game). I hope this voting result can be considered by devs team.

• fabkefabke Posts: 2,948 Level 4

@Joey_YouTube voted βœ”

@Diamond Lim thanks for the tag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.