I think Oxides Dive Attack could use a little Nerf — King Community

🔥 Hot Right Now 🌶
🏅Grab your Protector Badge HERE
🏆 Join Aku Aku's Challenges HERE

I think Oxides Dive Attack could use a little Nerf

hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 659 Level 3
edited July 18 in Discussions

It comes out quick, it's hard to tell if you have to be left or right until he almost huts you, he gets a shield and he has a hit box behind him, so changing to the middle lane to quick can damage and kill you even if he already passed you.

At least one of these 3 changes be made to make this attack a little less overwhelming imo

1st take away his shield. The attack can stay strong, but he's open to be easily countered.

2nd get rid of the "lingering hitbox" behind Oxide. It just feels like a Cheap shot if you passed him and still get damaged for changing lanes "too early".

3rd Telegraph the lane he goes to a little before the Dive attack... This could potentially make the attack a little "too easy" to dodge, so it would be a delicate Balance act making it right without completely ruining his Attack.

I'd much prefer one of the first 2 options to be applied, since I think if you know it's just left or right that is safe you should be able to dodge in time if you wait for him in the middle. It's hard, but not impossible.

I just think as is there is too many disadvantages for the player at once (hard to read, No chance to counter and Cheap Shot from the exhaust), so maybe adjusting it just a little bit would make him feel more balanced and less overwhelming.

Comments

• GloInTheDarkGloInTheDark Posts: 63 Level 3

I agree 100% with you on this!

• Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• AmnicronAmnicron Posts: 133 Level 3

I agree with this! I do enjoy the fact the fight was difficult; however, I didn't enjoy that it was more luck based than skill based.

I'm not sure that the more I died, the better I got at dodging the fireballs, or I just could of gotten lucky.

And the lingering hitbox after be passed you? Yeah, that's got to go. I've died like twice from it. There's already too many things to kill you in the fight in itself

Loved the fight, but it NEEDS to be toned down a couple levels.

• ZonaaZonaa Posts: 316 Level 3

U still have not beated Oxide?

• hanautaBOBhanautaBOB Posts: 659 Level 3

I did beat him, but he took me out like 4 or 5 Times.

That's more Attempts than I needed on that glitched Frosty N. Gin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.