1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 //

(FINISHED) Win Gold Bars by helping Lucy

Comments

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Hey guys! :hurrah:

Also.. found another interesting fact about diamonds
    Did any of you know this: 

Today, South Africa continues to be one of the world's major producers, and it is estimated that up to 65% of the world's diamonds were mined in Africa. The first diamond discoveries in South Africa were alluvial, meaning they were found as deposits along a river bed.

In 1867, a 15-year-old boy named Erasmus Jacobs found a small transparent rock along the banks of the Orange River, near his farm where he lived with his family. Erasmus showed the stone to his father, who in turn showed it to a neighbouring farmer, Schalk van Niekerk.
    Van Niekerk found the stone to be very intriguing and offered to buy it from the Jacobs family. Not realizing its value, he sent it, via ordinary mail, to Grahamstown, where Dr. William Guybon Atherstone confirmed that it was a 21.24-carat diamond. It was named the Eureka Diamond, and is the single most important diamond in the history of South Africa.

Erasmus Stephanus Jacobs

What do you think? Awesome, right? :awesome:

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    edited September 2019
    Ok guys, now that I started this contest I've been on Google for the past couple of days trying to find out more about diamonds.  I found a couple of good videos and I'm going to post them below.

Top 10 Largest Diamonds In The World

How Do They Mine Diamonds?

Please feel free to add your comments here after watching these videos.  I was very fascinated in how they mine the diamonds.  I looked at quite a few videos before deciding that the link above was the best choice for us to learn how it happened.

The 10 largest diamonds in the world video has a lot of information that I never knew before.  I came across an article that talked about the black diamond so I might go back to Google today to learn more about this.

If anyone would like to post a video here instead of looking for facts about diamonds, please feel free to do so.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,547 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Wow! That was awesome! @QueenRaffie 😃

Thanks for your sharing this facts about diamonds video! @Elsa 🤗
  • _Elsa_
    @Lim, I found more information about diamonds and engagement rings and I'm just going to post them separate from this and then come back with the link so others can read more about them.
  • Diamond_Lim
    edited September 2019
    Wow! It's amazing! @Elsa! 😮
    And I see you post your facts about diamonds just now! Thanks for your sharing these facts! 🤗
  • _Elsa_
    edited September 2019
    @Lim, I am finally done with my diamonds!  This is Lucy who we all know!  She travels all over the world trying to help her aunt collect diamonds.  I just created a mini series and if you click on her image below it will start you with the history of diamonds.  Please feel free everyone to spread the word that this mini series in here in the Diamond Diaries Saga community.

• Diamond_Lim
    I click on this image then I see your facts about diamonds! It's worked! Thank you so much! I hope they will like it too! ♥️ @Elsa 😊
  • mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Seems like I’ve been missing out all the tags from DD lately 😃, anyway according to the survey 80% of diamonds on the world are sold in NYC  ( and there is area in Manhattan, NYC called ‘Diamond District’. ) 💎
  • _Elsa_
    Seems like I’ve been missing out all the tags from DD lately 😃, anyway according to the survey 80% of diamonds on the world are sold in NYC  ( and there is area in Manhattan, NYC called ‘Diamond District’. ) 💎
    When my ex and I were getting engaged we went to the Diamond District in Manhattan.  Man oh man!  The guy that my in-laws knew sat us down and took out a white envelope and spilled the diamonds on his desk.  He looked at a couple of them close up and then put one on a tweezer and told us to go outside and look at it in the sunlight. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?