💎 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 //

Did you know?

Options

Comments

• KitKathySuzyQ
    KitKathySuzyQ Posts: 303 Level 4
    Options

Thanks @Elsa for the March 4th info, very interesting! I will March forth to conquer all levels in Diamond Diaries and as a Diamond Diaries Expert helping those players that need it! 💎

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,937 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

💡 Did you know? 💡

Facts for March :

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options

Superman didn't always fly. The original comic book Superman could leap tall buildings in a single bound. But then he had to come right back down to Earth—because he didn't fly. It wasn't until the 1940s, when animators for a new animated series decided it would be too difficult to routinely draw him bending his knees, that it was decided that Superman could take off into the air. Readers got to see smooth animation, and a superhero gained a new power.

Bees sometimes sting other bees. Bees are notorious for their stings, but humans aren't the only ones who experience this pain in the neck (or the arm, or the leg…). In protecting their hives from outsiders, some "guard bees" will stay by the entrance and sniff the bees that come in, says Marianne Peso from the biology department of Macquarie University. If there's a rogue bee from another hive trying to steal some nectar, the guard bee will bite and even sting the intruder.

Water makes different pouring sounds depending on its temperature. If you listen very closely, hot water and cold water sound slightly different when being poured. The heat changes the thickness, or viscosity, of the water, which changes the pitch of the sound it makes when it's poured. What we feel as heat comes from the molecules of the water moving faster. Cold water is thicker and therefore makes a slightly higher-pitched sound.

All of the above came from here.

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 24,169 Bubble Witch Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options

DID YOU KNOW: The longest wedding veil was the same length as 63.5 football fields.

When Maria Paraskeva, a woman from Cyprus, got married in August 2018, her goal wasn't just to say "I do." She was also determined to set a record.

"My dream as a child has always been to break the Guinness World Record title for the longest wedding veil," she explained. She fulfilled her dream by wearing a lace veil that stretched 22,843 feet and 2.11 inches, or as long as 63.5 football fields.

• _Elsa_
    Options

I love your profile picture @johamilton! Are you Irish or do you just like to join in?

• johamilton
    johamilton Posts: 24,169 Bubble Witch Moderator
    Options

@Elsa , very little Irish in my genes. I love to join in though 😀

• _Elsa_
    Options
  • Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,937 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

💡 Did you know? 💡

• _Elsa_
    Options

Daylight Saving Time will begin at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 8

Don't forget to change your clock before going to sleep tonight! But what does it mean and why do we do it?

The terms “spring forward” and “fall back” are used to describe a practice of changing standard time with the intention of “saving” (as in, making better use of) natural light. During daylight savings time (DST), clocks are turned ahead one hour, so that the sun rises later in the morning and sets later in the evening. The change is reversed in autumn.

Originally enacted in the United States as a wartime conservation effort, observance of DST became federal law in 1918. (To dispel a common myth: It was not enacted for farmers—in fact, most farmers fought for its repeal.) While it was quickly repealed after the war ended, DST was observed nationally again during World War II. By 1966, some 100 million Americans were practicing some type of DST through their own local laws. In 1966, Congress acted to end the confusion and establish one consistent nationwide pattern. The Uniform Time Act of 1966 stated that DST would begin on the last Sunday of April and end on the last Sunday of October. (Any area that wanted to be exempt from DST could do so by passing a local ordinance. Hawaii and most of Arizona, for example, are exempt from DST.) By 2005, the Energy Policy Act established that DST begins each year on the second Sunday in March at 2:00am and that the changeover back to standard time (ST) occurs on the first Sunday in November at 2:00am.

You can read more here.

• _Elsa_
    edited March 2020
    Options

To help you navigate through the community a bit easier I have created a blog with some wonderful community links. To see the entire message view it HERE.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?