Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

🦸🏻‍♀️ Queens of the Kingdom - Meet Hijinx, Level Designer!

Options
QueenB
QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

👉 No account yet? Sign up here in 2 seconds! 👈

Every great Saga needs all sorts of Heroes!

As part of the Women's Day (on the 8th of March), Amelia would like to take this opportunity to celebrate one of talented leader at Farm... Meet @Hijinx 🦸🏻‍♀️

We sat with her and asked a few questions, so sit back and get ready for some girl power 💪

What was your dream job as a child?

My dream job was to be an author. I really enjoyed writing stories when I was a kid but I never actually finished them! My step-grandma is an author and I looked up to her when I was growing up. As soon as I started playing video games as a hobby, reading and writing was out of the door for me. 

What do you like about being a Level Designer for the Farm Heroes Saga game?

I love how passionate the community is. We recently met some players and it was amazing how much they love the game and how many ideas they had. I really took a lot away from meeting them and I hope we can continue to make experiences that our players are super excited about. As well as this, my team of level designers are all amazing, lovely people so they’re great to work with.

What are you challenges as women in the gaming industry?

I think one of the biggest challenges is being heard. The industry is still very male-dominated (but becoming more and more diverse!) and if you’re the only woman in the room it can be quite difficult to speak up and voice your opinion or thoughts. The best way to tackle this is to find people and mentors who you can talk to and get help from to get more confidence in these situations.

Any advice for the women out there wanting to join a gaming company?

Go for it! We need more women! Find mentors to give you advice on your resume and guide you in other ways. Don’t be scared to apply for a job even if you don’t match 100% of the required skills advertised. No one can do everything, and there’s no set back in sending in an application and seeing what happens.

Do you have a motto? If yes, want to share. It?

I don’t really have a motto!

Who Inspires you and why?

Greta Thunberg. She’s really taken a stand to protect the planet and her sheer determination is so inspiring! Especially at such a young age – we should all take something from her book 😊

Is there a better way to do it than giving them the mic?

We will post personal interviews with some of the Kingdom's Queens every Wednesday during the month of March, so that the Community is filled with their strength, their values and their girl power! Stay tuned on the Hub for more!

Comments

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?