Holiday Greetings from Farm Game Experts 🎄✨

MountainMom
MountainMom Posts: 12,785 Friends Moderator
edited December 2020 in Discussions

☀️ Want to participate? Sign up here in 2 seconds! 🍏

Even though many of you do not celebrate Christmas, please know that your Farm Heroes Saga game experts @encantes and @MountainMom are thinking of you during this holiday season!

Please share your favorite holiday tradition with us so we can get to know you and your country better!

Tagging some Farm Heroes Saga players:

@encantes@Elsa@PummyRaj@Chicken_Slayer@BQN537@kiara_wael@Spinnifix@noorabusahab@kaitmr@AmyLeigh78@nowshin@dbomesberger@mahdiealmahdie@cristhianinho@Anisa4G@ZeOne@thamby@DeDog@lilica7805@lollyspears@sayhaya@haraikaria@sarahheather5@eggybean@bosschick@kellygirl813@Daddy123@dilli02@jessortiz@kdorr@MiaChristine@LoveDachs@plushytoysfan@best_player@sinalco@sarma_palash123@Joy_21@actipton80@Anna79@BubbleGumSoda@funny1234@MarkHawk@Rancid@Nat09@RobinCorte@KingChewy@gr33n3y3z@firebombmarkus@bearwithme@MysticalMisty2@wafercookieflippers@debrichmond@candycrushinit@rajdeeptb@SabrinaM@lilac1015@007jayc@rosemariepahayo1@Juliuszkuliusz1@Peque7@Leny05@SBH@Melbennett@Cagnes@Rosenrot@Olivia_Lim@LeaC@caambuj@Mary211987@JuLaCrafting@cilantro@claudiawojtyla@Lynette@valio75av@Pitty_Kitty@tkbm7872@Alex18@frenioz00@pepper118@Eggcracker@Greymane@wykoon@hechicerilla@Laetitia_Van_Zyl@Rinno2013@me6412@imabearnut@teresawallace44@terrazas1327@christine88@hbic29@Jared_Buttry@donte06,@piaandersson@MightyWolf@Grachuh@janka879@sanajla@stingynina@bekicrusher@DieOmimi@Sofia1992@jcaguiat@rhalioua@Lohiti01_bush@Trish24@cains119@keddie_hockey@gmverdi1976@alekhya51292@Doris_Koch@sherronpickett@boriqualinda1954@Ramse72@一氧化二氫@mindymint47@REVALYJS@Szamanus@Sue_Oakley@Kokosnuss@rdp2020@clamartins_@robbinmj, @kezzawh, @lisalisa1, @Marje_Wilson, @willowsimon, @sweeis, @reidmet, @oscarpardos, @sinoxolo,@sinoxolo @adelinaespindola, @qweenofidn, @eliandrarc, @Fafalins, @gali299, @Minnius

Comments

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 40,461 Friends Moderator

thanks for tagging me @MountainMom

With us in Germany, Christmas is usually very festive and celebrated with the whole family. From big to small, everyone comes together on Christmas Eve, December 24, and gets gifts from Santa Claus. 

We decorate the rooms and windows, set up a Christmas tree with candles, glittering balls and other decoration.

In the window, bows are placed and they glow in the evening when it gets dark.

Only this year, because of the pandemic, everything is different and we have to get creative for a virtual festival.

Beautiful holiday for all and a happy new year.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 153,779 Candy Moderator

Thank you @encantes and @MountainMom

Happy Holidays to all my friends in Farm Heroes Saga Forum

• Mr_Peely
    Mr_Peely Posts: 3,333 Level 5

Hi there, @MountainMom & @encantes 👋

First of all I would like to say is a big Thank you for supporting the Community and Helping many different members which needs help and Sharing love in the Community. ❤️

Then I would like to talk about the Traditions we do in Italy and I know @encantes knows them too since we come from the same country. Well in Italy we celebrate a lot of festivals and that for each festive the people had made even special food for them including Christmas.

Italians really feel the atmosphere since late November, but the Christmas season officially starts on December 8th, the Day of Immaculate Conception. On this day many Italian families decorate their home and trees, bake cookies, wrap their presents, and schools and offices are formally closed. From this day on, up to December 26th, the holiday atmosphere gets bigger and bigger: in many Italian streets decorations and huge Christmas trees are displayed, presepi (Nativity scenes) are placed outside for all to see, and the Christmas smell — as I love to call it — of chestnuts, chimneys, mulled wine, and Italian delicacies, is perceived on every corner. Also, in some Italian cities, zampognari (bagpipe players) can delight you with merry songs. If you stroll down the street, you will be thrilled by all these jolly habits in preparation of the 3-day celebration, starting from the 24th.

Christmas day and Christmas Eve (Vigilia di Natale) are observed in different ways all over the country, depending on where you are. Some Italians start celebrating with a nice dinner on December 24th, while others prefer a light meal — preferably without meat — and wait for a huge Christmas lunch, the day after. However, the midnight Mass at the local church is a tradition from the North to the South. After it, the festivity commences: it’s time to brindare (make a toast) with a glass of spumantea slice of panettone and pandoro, and an occasion to open up the presents. Children, excited by Santa’s arrival, prepare a glass of milk, nuts and a slice of Christmas cake under the tree to thank Babbo Natale for the gifts.

The joy of this time rises on December 25th, which is made to eat! This is the perfect occasion to meet up with your family, sit around the table — trust me, almost all day long — and enjoy a delicious and exquisite menu. The charm of this day lasts until late, while playing board games, tasting Italian delicacies and good wines, and unwrapping all the presents! After all the good cheer of this day, the festivities go on: December 26th, Santo Stefano day, is a national holiday in Italy, and it is obviously another occasion to gather with your loved ones and taste other homemade specialities.

This is our Tradition what's yours? ❤️😊

Happy Holidays and Buon Natale a tutti 🎄☃️❤️

Thanks for the tag @MountainMom 😊

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend

CAGA TIÓ

Oh !! I really wanted to tell this! Although I don't know what the translator is going to say 🤣

In Catalonia there is a tradition called Caga Tió. The Tió is a log, it is decorated as you can see in the photograph, since December 13 the children feed it with fruit peels, breakfast remains, breadcrumbs ...

On Christmas Eve the children take a cane, surround Tió and sing a sound that says "“Poop log, poop nougat, hazelnuts and mató cheese, if you don’t poop right, I’ll hit you with a stick, Poop Log!” (I guess this doesn't rhyme in English 🤣)

Then they hit Tió with the cane and he shits small gifts, sweets, polvorones, nougat, etc.

Well actually the gifts that Tió shits depend on the economy of each house 🤣🤣

And this is the most popular Christmas tradition in Catalonia.

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,594 Pro Player 👑

@MountainMom We start Celebrating Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, usually most of my Family puts up their Christmas Trees and decorations. I myself don't Put mine up until December 10 th, I just wait a little longer than the rest of them but with that said I don't lack the Christmas Spirit at all. I really love Christmas it's one of my favorite times of the year. I really like buying my son presents and some are just not what he wants but what I want for him, I think you should give what you think a child needs not what they always want. I also buy for my (45 ) yes that's 45 Niece's and Nephew's too it's a Tradition that me and my 4 sister's always do we keep in mind to teach our Family that we give them the gifts as "JESUS" received gifts the morning he was born. He was given the gifts from the Wise Men and tell them the Story of his Birth. We (some) attend Church the Sunday before or if the Church has Service that day, then we got to the service. My family meets for a Very large dinner afterwards and I mean there is everything to eat from my famous Ham (Fresh) cooked, with trimmings and my sister's Turkey and everything you can imagine from salads to deserts and including my (Secret recipe for Pina Colada Cake) and during everyone coming the children are playing outside and inside games of tag,and chase to making video movies to show next year, which we make time to watch one's from when my Dad, Mother, Oldest Sister,Brother and my 17 year old Nephew was alive they are not with us in body but they are in Christmas Spirit as they will always be, and in our Heart's forever. Christmas is for Celebration of "Christ" Birth and we always sing Happy Birthday to him ! We just make it a "True Applalachian Christmas Celebration " To us it's all about "CHRIST", "GOD", and the "CHILDREN" what else could or should it be about but Giving,Sharing, and Loving ! My Family likes to during the season drive around go through the different places that have live Nativity Scenes, and to look at the Houses decorated with Lights and display with everything Christmas. It truly shows how much people Love the season and Christmas, here in West Virginia, I also like to help others during the year not just Christmas, I have an adopted Family in another Country, which I send money throughout the year and at Christmas Time I try to send more for the Family and more for the Children, I think giving is a great way to show how much you care, if you can. "GOD BLESS" Merry Christmas to everyone ! Thank you for the tag @MountainMom ✝️💛♥️💯🎄🎅🎁

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend

Hi @PummyRaj

Thanks for closing the duplicate threads and getting everything in order. I have a doubt Can I republish my Christmas tradition here? Or will the CMs move the comments to group them here?

Thanks in advance

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 25,430 Sweet Legend

Hi there!

It's changing a bit for us this year. On December 24th we bring a 92 year old friend to us. Drinking coffee with cookies and stollen. Later there is a small supper. On December 25th There are three of us in the family. Eat nice Christmas roast and will play at the table. On December 26th I don't know yet. Because my sister goes to friends.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 40,915 Candy Moderator

Hello dear 🤗

All the threads will be combined together shortly. So, you do not have to re-write the story of Catalonia’s cute tradition 😍 ❤️

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?