Ipad too old to play?

Sikkorka
Sikkorka Posts: 2 Newbie

Hi,

I’m a long-time playee. In the evenings, I use my old Ipad 2nd generatiom. Some 1-2 weeks ago, something changed and the game exits when I try to load it. Is tje compatibiloty discontinued? Please tell me it’s not??

kind regards - anna

Answers

• encantes
    encantes Posts: 5,727 Farm Moderator

Hi and Welcome in this Community 🍓 🍎 🍏

We are sorry about your issue with your device. In the last days we have some players with a connection problem most of the devices have Android.

May you please specify your type of device?

If you are playing with your Pc, try to clear the cache, switch off your device for 5 mnts and disconnect your internet connection. Restart your device and if the problem remains it's possible to have a screenshot of the lost connection, your device model and if is Windows10 or iOS.😉😉😉😉

Did you update the game to the last version?

You can write your comment in the box below, many thanks 🌼🌻🌞

I wish you a good day 😉🤗😊

• Sikkorka
    Sikkorka Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited May 2021

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I see I wasn't clear at all - the issue I wrote about only concerns my vintage Ipad 2nd generation. I have no problems at all on my MacPro or on my iPhone.

Since the problem only started ca. 2 weeks ago, I wonder if it's due to an update that made the game impossible to load on old iPads? I would hate to hear it is so. In the evenings I like to use my old iPad to play and I am not planning to buy a new one, since I use it only for games at the moment. Just can't afford a new one at the moment, you know :-)

I've done it all: logging via King, via Facebook, removing Facebook, restarting the iPad etc.

kind regards, anna

• encantes
    encantes Posts: 5,727 Farm Moderator
    edited May 2021

Hi @Sikkorka 🍏🍓🍏🍓

Sometimes happen that when you have an old device, there are problem with the memory storage.

May you please remove as many apps that you no longer use or other things to have memory.

You have to unistall the app and try again, I hope you have registered your progress in the app settings or in King.com but in any case you will lose all your boosters.

Let me know if your problem will be fix.

I wish a super day 🌞 🌺⚘ 🌞 🌺⚘

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 23,987 Pet Rescue Moderator

Good morning, can I also ask the iOS version?

The game runs on iOS 9 as a minimum but also needs 2GB of ram to work. As far as I know ipad 2 is 9.35 which only just scrapes past and might be the issue. If it fulfills all requirements, you need to make as much free space as you can on the ipad. Remove any apps you no longer use, clear your storage, take off anything you don't need now. Uninstall, reboot by pressing home and power until the screen goes black and the apple logo reappears and try reinstalling. See if that helps.

The trouble is as devices become older, they don't have all the updates that you would get with a newer one. So security updates, graphic updates etc will be the same once its final ios update which can cause game issues. Unfortunately with all the devices out now, all apps are required to run with the newest versions and they try to support as many older versions as they can, but there has to be a cut off point. They will work on devices capable of the needs of the app. So hopefully clearing storage will help, but it might not sadly. Have you got anything else you can use? Phone or computer maybe?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?