(ENDED)πŸŒŸπŸŽ†What is your Favorite Festival? Badge & Gold Bars are the TreatsπŸŽ†πŸŒŸ

Comments

• KCullen127
    KCullen127 Posts: 6,218 Pro Player 👑

I love the Moon Cake Festival also known as the Mid-Autumn Festival. It is a harvest festival celebrated in Chinese culture. It is held on the 15th day of the 8th month of the Chinese calendar with a full moon at night, corresponding to mid-September to early October of the Gregorian calendar. On this day, the Chinese believe that the moon is at its brightest and fullest size, coinciding with harvest time in the middle of autumn In 2024, Mid-Autumn Festival falls on September 17th.

• jeanps
    jeanps Posts: 25,343 Level 5

As a child in England, my favourite was Guy Fawkes Night. Our own fireworks and bonfire.

• moe75
    moe75 Posts: 6,304 Level 5

I'm not really big on festivals but I don't mind watching fireworks displays every once in a while

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,863 Level 5

Hi @PummyRaj thanks for the fun contest and beautiful badge. Did you create it?

As a national USA holiday I like 4 th of July. My town has a huge fireworks display. But my favorite festival is a festival my town has had every year since 1943 to celebrate armed forces day and all of the soldiers who have fought to keep our country free. Every year there is a huge parade and a festival with rides, games, entertainment and food

• SyahrinHisyam
    SyahrinHisyam Posts: 195 Level 3

Hi @PummyRaj πŸ™‚πŸŒΊ

My favorite day of celebration is the celebration of the national day in my country Malaysia 31 August, the fireworks are very beautiful all kinds of fireworks, many people gather at the place to celebrate the national day it is very fun there are parades, performances and many other things, I really like it.

• Bellamy32
    Bellamy32 Posts: 2,370 Level 5

@PummyRaj Hey, I celebrate Christmas. Spending the day baking cookies, watching Christmas movies and opening presents.With some friends, we collect donations and wrap these up and send them to others who are less fortunate. We try to give each box essentials and some fun bits.

I love the atmosphere during this festive time. Visiting festive markets, seeing all the decorations. Spending quality time with loved ones and creating precious memories means a lot.πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ„

• teeweiping
    teeweiping Posts: 7,384 Level 5

Hi @SyahrinHisyam you are same with me. 😊 I also like the celebration of the national day in Malaysia 31 August. We both come from Malaysia. I must admit that the fireworks are very beautiful.

• SyahrinHisyam
    SyahrinHisyam Posts: 195 Level 3

Hi @teeweiping 😊🌺 my friend

You also like fireworks, I really like fireworks, they are very beautiful,πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„πŸ˜Š I can see them from my house,πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ they are very beautiful, are you both Malaysians,πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ if you are both Malaysians,πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ we can go together at Dataran Merdeka😊😊😊.

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 152,889 Candy Moderator

Thanks PummyRaj

WeΒ in Egypt every year welcome the Sham el Nisim festival, or welcoming spring which coincides with Easter for Christians. There is no fireworks party but we celebrate it by eating Ringga Fish which is usually eaten for lunch or dinner, it tastes quite a bit salty and soft, tastes very delicious.

• nekocat
    nekocat Posts: 16,222 Level 5

Hi dear @PummyRaj πŸ€—πŸ˜» Can you please add me back in your new tagging list? I got all your tags during the audio challenges, but not for this one πŸ˜πŸ™

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?