Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Old VS New Companions - Which one do you prefer?

Comments

• EOTheGr8
    EOTheGr8 Posts: 3,681 Level 5

I don’t have them, so I can’t vote….

Maybe I’ll come back to vote if I end up getting them at some point! 😉

• MiladyR
    MiladyR Posts: 10,628 Level 5
    I love and prefer the New Companions

@encantes & @QueenB I like the new companions they are cute. I like that the use of beans is eliminated as well.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,384 Candy Moderator
    edited September 2022
    I will give the new Companion a chance if improvements are made

Hello dear @QueenB 🤗

So sorry for joining this discussion so late!

I am not happy at all with the "New Companions"! But, I will definitely give them a chance IF all the necessary changes are made...

First and foremost --> Please bring back the "OLD" cropsie matching system - if anybody has forgotten what that is.. match 3 Cropsies (that are required for the goal), and fill the bar;

The part I liked with the "New" companions is that we do not have to spend our Magic Beans! Since the Studio has reduced the Magic Beans rewards significantly 😕 😕 (may we know why??) no need to use the Magic Beans to activate them is a positive point!

I really cannot think of third benefit 🤷🤷🤷

• teeweiping
    teeweiping Posts: 7,267 Level 5

Voted!

• 007jayc
    007jayc Posts: 553 Level 4

I agree with this. I don't have access to the new companions but I don't like the system of trying to match 5 or more to fill the bar. It is way harder to match 5 than 3. Here lately I have been wasting my boosters just to get past 1 level (currently on level 2978). This is very frustrating and has made me play less in this past year. I've been playing this game for many years, took a break from it, and then came back again. Now I just don't play it as much. This has always been my favorite game. If you are doing away with the Beans then do it all the way, not just halfway. If we are still required to use them against Rancid then don't lower the Bean rewards for completing a level. I personally like the Bean rewards as I use them to buy boosters, mainly shovels when I'm out. What I don't understand is why the game play is different on my mobile than on my iPad. I get boosters for watching videos on my mobile but don't get that option on my iPad. I mainly play on my iPad when I'm at home because of the bigger screen. I also liked being able to chose which companion booster to use for the level. If I had a problem not getting past a level with a companion booster, I would switch to the next one or the 3rd one, until I figured out which would work best.

• Marcemarce22
    Marcemarce22 Posts: 165 Level 3

I will give it a try I like the new changes

• MrT2
    MrT2 Posts: 76 Level 2
    I love and prefer the Old Companions

I havent played Farm Heroes since King changed the companion system without warning/explanation. Seems like I lost all my unclaimed companion rewards. Anyone knows where they went? So much energy wasted collecting all those companions and rewards. I just got them all (I was at level 1170) and …. So disappointed that i dont think i will get back.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,270 Pet Rescue Moderator

Its usually 4 or more, which is harder but not as hard as 5 🙂

• Lady_Choo

Because we don't need beans to use companions so we don't need to get as many beans for prizes. Its in my bean thread 🤔😎

✒📝Feedback wanted: Changes to beans — King Community

• Lady_Choo
    edited September 2022

I don't know if anyone that has the new companions has also noticed another subtle difference.

The bar doesn't just move by matching 4 or combinations, it can also be moved by activating something. Like in this case..

The cleaner is activated by matching grumpy carrots and breaking webs too.

And the producer by matching the crops listed.

It doesn't go up as fast as if you get a 4 crop match but it goes up.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?