Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Ever since update game is glitching. Won't let me scroll down past 1400's and auto restarts.

Debbe84
Debbe84 Posts: 41 Level 2
Game glitches.ever since recent update. Also has been saying treasure mill coming all week. Very frustrating. I did all my checks it is on your part. Please fix

Best Answer

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @Debbe84

The iPad 4G is a really nice tablet but it's starting to show its age. When it was launched in 2012 it was equipped with 1GB RAM for the operating system and between 16 and 64 GB for RAM  storage. The 1GB RAM for the operating system was sufficient back in 2012 together with iOS 6. Then came iOS 7, 8, 9 and 10 - each new version requiring more and more of the 1GB available. Apps started to grow as well with more enhanced features. This is the reason why you can't update to iOS 11 or 12 and most probably the cause why Farm Heroes Saga won't load or run properly - there's simply not enough resources available on the tablet to run the OS as well as the game.

As @Chicken_Slayer pointed out, a reinstall could clear the game and you might be able to extend the life of your tablet. However I do believe that the iPad 4G is close to its life cycle when it comes to games, but can be used several years more for useful purposes like ebook reader, browsing and YouTube videos.

I suggest the following:

1) Try un-installing any un-used apps on the tablet. If you have the option then also try un-installing any add-ons to the OS (language packs, extensions, extra features) - in some cases this can free up a bit of internal RAM usage, especially for apps that are loaded during startup and runs in the background.

2) In case the issue persists then please consider updating your iPad to a newer version. If you have Farm Heroes Saga connected to FB the all your level progress, highscores and Gold bars are stored online in the cloud and can be retrieved once you reconnect the game.

3) Lost Boosters can in some cases be replaced. You will need to get directly in contact with support through this page: https://soporto.king.com/contact and you will have to include copy of receipts from your latest purchases. Please notice that Boosters that you have won for free in the game cannot be replaced.

I hope you'll find the best solution and I'll bookmark this thread in case you have any further updates.

- Mark

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,320 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Hi @Debbe84 sorry you are having issues. When you said you did all your checks, did you try a complete uninstall and reinstall? It will mean losing saved boosters but often fixes it. 
    If you have already done that and cleared cache etc (if you haven't, I can get you the help links) could you come back and post your device and OS, if you have checked the app store for updates and also the app version please and I will pass it over to one of the community managers. Thank you :) 
  • Debbe84
    I am not loosing my boosters for your error. This happened one other time you updated your game. Also the game has been telling me all week that treasure mill is coming. Is that also an error,is everyone else playing?
  • Debbe84
    I just updated again and the game is still glitching. Still says treasure mill coming soon. I've spent a lot of money on this game and I'm just going to play until it's fixed!
  • Lady_Choo
    edited February 2019
    Hey @Debbe84 its not my error I don't make the game :D Seriously, with events like this they don't always seem to update on phones the same. Some people have no trouble, others do, which usually means its down to the device. Especially as it is constantly restarting. Which device do you have?
    By all means, don't uninstall, I wouldn't want to lose boosters either, I am still waiting for confirmation about the valentines quest...however treasure mill might be waiting as the team have been busy on projects so are now getting back to it :) 
  • Debbe84
    I realize you don't make the game. I appreciate you being a sounding board. I am using one of newer iPads. It doesn't do this on other games. Thank you for getting back with me so quickly.
  • Lady_Choo
    That is what we are here for don't worry. 
    Ok so as regards the quests/events including the valentines ones, they are never released to everyone but different control groups so that they can gather how popular it is and other things etc easier under different environments so that is why some may have it and some don't. 
    The ipad shouldn't be doing the crashing but without reinstaling it, it probably won't be resolved easy and I do understand why you don't want to. Have you checked for updates to the ios as I know mine did recently and sometimes that makes the apps a little buggy until they all catch up. Could you let me know which ios you have, and which app version you have and I can feed that back to the CM :)
  • Debbe84
    IOS 10.3.3 my iPhone was recently updated but they haven't updated the iPad recently
    i play farm heroes saga game. I did an update today and last week, when this problem began.
  • Lady_Choo
    Thank you will let the CM know.
    In the meantime, you might need to manually check the ipad, if your iphone is still on ios 10 it sounds like an older model which might mean that all the new features are not available as now its iOS 12.1.4.
    My ipad wasn't showing an update till I manually checked it last night :)
  • Debbe84
    I did manually checked still on 10 
  • Lady_Choo
    Which iphone is it if you don't mind me asking? Just so I can ask him to check on the list of compatible ones for you :) 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?