Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

On level 270 can't get rid of spider!

Been on level 270 for weeks and weeks now at the end of my tether just can't kill the spider off how do I do it.

Help needed thank you 

Answers

• LisaBa
    LisaBa Posts: 225 Level 2

This is one of the first levels where you have to deal with the tricky pesky spider.It moves across the board, spinning webs that trap the Cropsies. Firstly you need to make a match with one of the webbed cropsies to destroy the web.Then you have to make a match next to the nest to destroy it and collect the spider.There are 6 webs that will need to be cleared in this level. I found this video of a player passing the level which should help you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqg8avrbruQ

I am sure that you can do it, let us know how you get on! 

• This is one of the first levels where you have to deal with the tricky pesky spider.It moves across the board, spinning webs that trap the Cropsies. Firstly you need to make a match with one of the webbed cropsies to destroy the web.Then you have to make a match next to the nest to destroy it and collect the spider.There are 6 webs that will need to be cleared in this level. I found this video of a player passing the level which should help you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqg8avrbruQ

I am sure that you can do it, let us know how you get on! 

thanks will do!
  • angiehere
    angiehere Posts: 25 Level 2
    I'm also having this issue.  I can't figure out how to destroy the nests; making repeated matches next to them, above them, below them, makes no headway at all.  They just stay there and the spiders jump from one nest to another.  Is there some special match needed to destroy the nests?  The video is less than helpful.  For one thing, it shows only one spider and the level has two of them, and it shows the nests just disappearing with no real evidence of how that was accomplished.  If I could pay to skip this level entirely, I'd probably do it...is there a secret to this??
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,398 Candy Moderator
    Hello @angiehere, A Warm Welcome to the Farm Heroes section in the King Community, where can seek Answers / Suggestions from your fellow players :)

Since you have mentioned that the above video did not help you out clearing the level in your game, give me some time to go back and check the level.  Let me see if I can provide any tips for you to beat the level.

Thank you & have a nice rest of the day/evening :+1: 
  • angiehere
    Hello, and thanks for noticing and responding.  Somehow, I passed the level, but I think it was blind luck more than skill.  The spiders and nests have me completely stumped each time they appear.  I've read info that says matches next to the nests will destroy them so that the spider can't jump, but I've never been able to destroy a nest, no matter how many matches I made next to, above or below a nest.  If I play a level long enough, they somehow disappear without me ever being able to see exactly how that happens.  I REALLY want to know how to destroy the nests, since it appears that I am going to encounter spiders quite often now.  Is it possible that my game has a bug (pun not intended, but seemed unavoidable) so that the nests will not go away when I match cropsies next to them?  Or is that actually not true and some other thing has to happen besides matching next to them in order to make them disappear??

I truly appreciate your help on this!
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,398 Candy Moderator
    Hello again @angiehere, Good Morning from USA :)

First of all, Thank you for taking time and explaining in detail about the issue in the level you had/having.  And Congratulations for passing the level :+1:  And also, I am sorry that I did not get a chance to play the level yesterday like I said!  

Yes, that is correct, you will be seeing more Spiders now AND there is a special event called "Webby Barn" with 9 levels with 1 to 4 Spiders in them.  

Since you just passed this level, I will play it today and take some screenshots to show you how exactly "the matching Cropsies next to them" works.  Please give me till the end of the day =)

Talk to you later & have a wonderful rest of the day!  
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,270 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hi @angiehere you need to make a match that includes a crop that is webbed in order to break it. You cannot match next to it, it has to be in that row. When they have spare nests to jump into you need to do the same again until he moves completely. 
    You Cannot destroy the nests before the spider jumps into it by matching anywhere near it, the spider has to be in it and then webs around him before it goes. 

Watch my video here which shows you :) (note, you can in settings underneath the video if you watch it on youtube, slow it down so its easier to see) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3J8lAvqwE
  • angiehere
    Hello again! Good to hear from you :) 

I guess what I'm having trouble with is not getting rid of the webbed cropsies.  I think I'm misunderstanding the whole jumping to another nest thing.  I just finished another "hard" level where the spider had four nests to jump to and after days of not even getting close to completing the level, suddenly I had completed it with nine moves to spare; by far the most leftover moves I've ever had in the game.  I think I've been laboring under the delusion that there was a way to get rid of the spare nests so that the spider had no place to jump to.  On the level I just completed, the spider actually returned to its original location and I didn't realize that was possible.  I'm wondering if when the spider relocates, leaving some unbroken webbed cropsies behind, it can return to that location?  I'm obviously going to keep playing the game, but the lack of clarity on how the spider thing works is bewildering to me.  Could be that I'm just an idiot, lol.  
  • Lady_Choo
    edited March 2019
    Hey you're not an idiot at all @angiehere! Can you see the actual nests on the board that the spider hasn't jumped into yet? They will be the same as the one he is sat in so you know what you are looking for. 
    Once you have broken the webs and he has jumped out, the original nest goes so he cannot get back into it. And the same with the others. The reason why its maybe being completed before you realise it is possibly by falling crops. As they fall down, if they are the same colours they can match themselves and break webs and that sounds like that is what is happening. 
    You need to break the webs by making a row that connects to one of the crops (or more) that are surrounding the spider that he has webbed, then make another match of clean (not webbed) crops to finally move him.
    I am going to see if I can make you some screenshots to see if that will help :) 
  • Lady_Choo
    edited March 2019
    @angiehere I looked at screenshots but it wasn't going to work. There would have been tons. So I made a video showing you how to clear the spiders. I didn't try to pass the level, it was just purely to clear spiders. I tried to make it slow so that you had chance to see :) Watching on youtube, you can slow the speed down too. 

https://youtu.be/_6JzDVeJUT0

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?